Looking For Epoxy Resin In Isarn

gondarman

Does anybody know a supplier of epoxy resin in the Surin-Birriram-Roiet area. I am using a lot of the stuff on building boats and am tired of driving to Pattaya every time. I am not looking for the epoxy glue, they sell it in most well assorted hard ware stores around here now. I am looking for the liquid resin to impregnate glass matts with.

Thanks

Arthur

I know it is strange to react to my own queation on this forum, but just to let you know that by asking around and surfing on the net i have found a dealer for polyester, fiberglass and epoxy resin in Ubon Ratchatani who ships to anywhere in Thailand. Reasonable price and English speaking guy too so easy to make it clear what exactly I need. Which is quite handy with technical stuff like this.

Thanks for your attention.

Cheers

Arthur

I know it is strange to react to my own queation on this forum, but just to let you know that by asking around and surfing on the net i have found a dealer for polyester, fiberglass and epoxy resin in Ubon Ratchatani who ships to anywhere in Thailand. Reasonable price and English speaking guy too so easy to make it clear what exactly I need. Which is quite handy with technical stuff like this.

Cheers

Arthur

Hi Arthur

Pleased to see you have sourced your materials, hate to think your boat building exploits would grind to a halt! :o

See you soon

TBWG :D

Cheers

Arthur

Arthur.................

I was just wondering if the epoxy resin can be used on the wooden chairs/sunbeds I have around my swimmingpool?

If so and if possible could you direct me to your source in Ubon? :o

Regards :D

Trond

Edited by bergen

Arthur.................

I was just wondering if the epoxy resin can be used on the wooden chairs/sunbeds I have around my swimmingpool?

Trond

Epoxy has a lot of good qualities, but for that purpose it is useless. Mainly because epoxy in itself has no UV protection. In the wooden boat building it is used in combination with glass mats to add strength to the construction, for which it is an excellent product and the transparant kind shows up the wood grain very nice. But if not protected with a good varnish with UV protection the UV light can turn the epoxy coat into an ugly yellow greenish colour. You would just be wasting money because the stuff is not cheap.

Arthur

Arthur.................

Trond

Epoxy has a lot of good qualities, but for that purpose it is useless. Mainly because epoxy in itself has no UV protection. In the wooden boat building it is used in combination with glass mats to add strength to the construction, for which it is an excellent product and the transparant kind shows up the wood grain very nice. But if not protected with a good varnish with UV protection the UV light can turn the epoxy coat into an ugly yellow greenish colour. You would just be wasting money because the stuff is not cheap.

Arthur

Thanks for your reply :D

would you mind PMing their details or posting them, I have a few questions on what they may be able to supply

Cheers

Oz

Through this link you will get their phone numbers and a summary of products. The guy I spoke to in Ubon is called Winai. www.resin-upr.com

Good luck