Best Sandwiches In Pattaya?

hendrix

The ready-made sandwiches at Friendship Supermarket (South Pattaya Road) are good. They can be found in the fresh bread section.

I have found them and agree with you on that. I really like smoked salmon bagel and cheese at Au Bon Pain Royal Garden. About 110 Baht.

Lewinski's bar on Soi Pattayaland used to make a killer club sandwich.

I haven't had one in a couple of years so it might have changed, but the last one I had was great.

Thai club sandwiches often have a fried egg tucked in there which doesn't complement my diet. I would love to find a big falafel type sandwich stuffed with salad and hummus. Any suggestions?

Foodland has an excellent deli meat counter and decent cheese and good breads.

Wack that up with a bit of honey mustard and some action from the salad bar and it can't be beat.

One place that is OK is a small French bakery on 3rd Road down and on the opposite side of the TOT building heading towards N.Pattaya Road and next to the big car wash - they make a very nice fresh sandwich and have good coffee.

Subs N Subs on Soi Yamoto near Beach Road.

Is this place actually a going concern...every time I have walked past the shop is open but never seen anyone in there (but staff). People actually eat/drink there?

Not sure but I had a Steak and Cheese there awhile back and no wish to return. If they tried to serve that in Philly they'd get their asses kicked down to Balmur.

Le Petite Planet next to Tukcom make good Belgian-style baguette sandwiches

Agreed, but probably not what the OP is looking for.

Edited by Jingthing

Subs N Subs on Soi Yamoto near Beach Road.

I had a Steak and Cheese there awhile back and no wish to return. If they tried to serve that in Philly they'd get their asses kicked down to Balmur.

:o

I also like La Baguette out front of Woodland Resort in Naklua.

Edited by NotNew2You

Best I have found in Pattaya are either at Delibean (2 stores, Naklua Soi 16 I think and by Horseshoe Point resort in East Pattaya) and the Bakery outside the Woodlands resort. Woodlands is more of a classic bakery and Delibean is more of what I think of as a neighbourhood type place aka the coffee shop in American show Friends. Both are good, full of fillings, fresh and reasonably priced for what you get. Neither are 'cheap' but then I doubt either set outs to target the cheap market. The Delibean in Naklua is a very nice place to spend an hour and read the papers and munch a sandwich.

Didn't Weho start a topic on this?

Try a search.

didnt who start a topic on this! :o

Using the keyword "sandwiches," I did not find a topic by anyone named Weho on this subject. Hey, I tried.

ie: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/search.html&...e=%2Bsandwiches

Weho's favourite sandwich, found by using the search function

In the food hall area, downstairs at Carrefour at the Carrefour booth, in front of the door going to the parking lot, they sell excellent roast beef sandwiches

And now you'l just get the same people posting the same favourites that they posted in the same thread 1 year ago.

Lewinski's bar on Soi Pattayaland used to make a killer club sandwich.

I haven't had one in a couple of years so it might have changed, but the last one I had was great.

Thai club sandwiches often have a fried egg tucked in there which doesn't complement my diet. I would love to find a big falafel type sandwich stuffed with salad and hummus. Any suggestions?

I have not had one yet while over there and I love a good falafel sandwich. I saw a few places that had them on the menu. Many of those arab and middle eastern places towards the south side of town , soi 13 and higher have them on their menus.

Cafe Uno, Soi Khao Noi have great Panini sandwiches with great bread freshly made and cooked not standing around on display for hours on end. 110 baht can't be beaten IMO.

where abouts Paul?

Soi Khao Noi coming from Sukhumvit road go across the railway crossing and it's on the left about 1Km up from the railway, if you get as far as the soi to Dao cafe or see the Cock Inn or Noi's Bar then you have gone too far.