Samui Specific Pad Thead Please Dont Move!

Hearing rumors that they are going for the Airport tomorrow too, am i alone in hearing this or is there more to it ??

Mmmmmm! Could be interesting, as I imagine Samui Airport is private property.

Hearing rumors that they are going for the Airport tomorrow too, am i alone in hearing this or is there more to it ??

people on samui are too money hungry ,doubt that will happen

Thta's what i thou8ght plus as the other Poster said, it's a Private Airport. However there does appear to be a certain amount of truth to these rumors thta they are going to " attempt " to protest there tomorrow, how far it will go thouhg, i guess we'll find out tomorrow..

For those of us that are not there at the moment, does anybody have any updated information as to whether Samui is affected by the Pad "thing"? Is travel via the airport running smoothly etc.? Answers gratefully received.

Cheers.

No sign of PAD at airport, just came from there 30 mins ago (2pm) local time

I know rumors were flying that they were planning on targeting Samui airport, good to hear that isn't happening so far.

When I landed in Samui yesterday at 11:30 h in Maenam with the Lomprayah Cat, I realised a lot of military personnel, arriving with army vehicle. I don't know if the went to Phangan or not. It could mean anything. But my first thougth was that the army may take position in the country??

It wouldn't take long to bring Samui to a standstill. If no gasoline could get through, how long would we last? We'd have to resort to bicycles and buffaloes. In fact that might be quite nice...

the good old days of samui :o

It wouldn't take long to bring Samui to a standstill. If no gasoline could get through, how long would we last? We'd have to resort to bicycles and buffaloes. In fact that might be quite nice...

But then I will not know when superfight starts. :D

But then I will not know when superfight starts. :o

Tomorrow night ni-iiine a clock!

Well can hear the planes still flying at 20:12 so....Samuians may have another issue with the "privacy" of the airport though.. think about it!

Excuse me !?

Is anybody here able to understand,

where this country is going to, tonight?!

What is happening right now,

can f..k every single one of us.

Tourist, expat, investor, happy husbands, bar owners, nature lovers, etc.

Only way I see, Samak can't resign, but have to desolve the gouverment and call for new elections,

as soon as possible, sorry but:

F A I R !!!!!!!!!!!!!;

transparent elections, if that is possible.

Otherwise we end up like burma, cambodia or even worse.

Any other ideas, how to solve these two greedy sides to come out of this;

in peace!?

tried to get a train to Bangkok for tomorrow and it is shut down. So now i'm flying out of Surathani instead. hope everything goes smoothly.

I hope the best for you, my gf told me that on Thai TV they said Suratthani airport is blocked (= closed?) by PAD now.

But then I will not know when superfight starts. :D

Oh well, you have saved yourself 1200 THB for a load of rubbish the Thais pay 100 THB to see :D

tried to get a train to Bangkok for tomorrow and it is shut down. So now i'm flying out of Surathani instead. hope everything goes smoothly.

I hope the best for you, my gf told me that on Thai TV they said Suratthani airport is blocked (= closed?) by PAD now.

airasia still accepted my money (big surprise) is there a source for this so i can try to change plans as soon as possible.

Does anyone know if the Surat Thani Airport is operating? Need to know quick. Can't call at this hour to find out either.

I guess nobody can tell you for sure about tomorrow. Can just repeat that apparently on the 7 o'clock news on channel 9 they said that at 6 o'clock Surratthani airport was also shut down by PAD people. Maybe somebody who speaks good Thai can confirm/give more news?

Edited by longtom

Does anyone know if the Surat Thani Airport is operating? Need to know quick. Can't call at this hour to find out either.

I guess nobody can tell you for sure about tomorrow. Can just repeat that apparently on the 7 o'clock news on channel 9 they said that at 6 o'clock Surratthani airport was also shut down by PAD people. Maybe somebody who speaks good Thai can confirm/give more news?

my friends saying Surat is operating, and no rumors that it will be different tomorrow, but who can say what's next?? I guess it will keep on going to accelerate the pressure until he leaves (Samak).