Atm Fraud, What To Do Next?

My gf went to deposit her paycheck today and her balance was nearly zero. The bank said it was due to several ATM withdrawals late last night, but she had the card on her and nobody knows her pin number. Bangkok Bank is not helping her at all and when she asked if they have an picture of the person from the ATM camera she was told "You'll need to go ask Bank of Ayudhya, it was their machine." Can't they at least help her out and do that??? F*cking hel_l.... It appears that she is the victim of a fake atm front, or something similar. That's just my guess.

At this point, is there anything else that can be done? She doesn't want to keep any money in the bank now, she is paranoid that anyone can take it away, and I agree. She is very upset about the situation and very pissed off about the way bangkok bank is handling this situation.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. The man in the link above (5 year old forum post) said he was able to get his money back from Bangkok Bank, but she is being told that's not possible.

I had the same thing happen to me with the Bangkok Bank. The guy thought I was crazy when I told him someone had taken money out of my ATM account. He insisted it could only be done with my card. At that point, I informed him I was once a Bank Manager and KNEW he is wrong. I hope you have better luck getting a refund than me, I ended up 'writing the money off'

VEASER : GO AND CHANGE THE PIN NUMBER NOW, IF YOU HAV'NT ALREADY DONE IT, That will stop further use of the skimmed card.

Dave

they can skim the card anywhere it's used, they just pretend to drop it then pass it thru the skimmer as they pick it up or put a false front on an ATM, it was popular here in the uK for a while, still happens but not so much.

Maybe the person in the bank just doesn't believe it can happen.

The bank will have a fraud investigation dept. and they will have heard of skimming. Escalate within the bank up to the manager and then go to the head office if you have to. It's important you say (or g/f says) you/she have not authorised these withdrawals, you should get the money back but it might take a while.

Police report you've done or are doing, PIN change yes, but cancel the card and ask for a new one with a different number.

I'm just going through the same sh1t here in the UK. Card cancelled but I can withdraw in branch, if the f*ckers have left anything in there that is!

Commiserations, I know what this is like, pain in the arse! :)