Window Security Needed

Spartacus_m

Hi All,

I have a house in Mabprachan and it is empty for most of the year. I am looking for window security and wanted to have some wrought iron grills fitted to the rear aspect - i was not looking for bars but maybe a swirly thing design. I have loads of windows at the rear (9) an dthey are not the same size!!

Any suggestions?

Also, while I am at it I have a pool and I need some sort of boundary to stop people from falling of the ledge!! I would like glass - any thoughts/contacts please?

Cheers.

There are metal security shutters for windows one can buy. Any of the local home improvement stores may have some information.

One question, why would anyone buy a house way out there that they are going to leave vacant and unsecured most of the year? Maybe the best and cheapest option is to hire a Thai house-sitter/gardener/maid for B 5000 per month to watch and upkeep the place.

There are metal security shutters for windows one can buy. Any of the local home improvement stores may have some information.

One question, why would anyone buy a house way out there that they are going to leave vacant and unsecured most of the year? Maybe the best and cheapest option is to hire a Thai house-sitter/gardener/maid for B 5000 per month to watch and upkeep the place.

Well, To be frank, I can build where I want and then make a profit. I bought t6he land a gfew years ago, it trebled in value and so I sold half. I then built the house with th eprofits. My house is worth approx 8 million baht - i paid 1millin all said and done. A good deal and investments is th eanswer to your question - not this it is really your business.

Thank you anyway for your reply. I will try the DIY places.

Kind regards

Well, To be frank, I can build where I want and then make a profit. I bought t6he land a gfew years ago, it trebled in value and so I sold half. I then built the house with th eprofits. My house is worth approx 8 million baht - i paid 1millin all said and done. A good deal and investments is th eanswer to your question - not this it is really your business.

Thank you anyway for your reply. I will try the DIY places.

Kind regards

Well, I guess the question is why build a house you very rarely use? But as you say, it's your money and you may do with it what you please. Regarding the mechanical rolling metal window security shutters, there is a house by the lake that has them...a German or Belgium fella who is also away allot installed them so he could lock-up the place light Ft. Knox when he is away. They don't look very good but I guess when he is away, he doesn't have to look at them.

Why shouldn't he build a house and not use it all the time? I am in the process of building and it will be a holiday home here so that will be vacant a lot and I will use window security also, whilst living in BKK I haven't lived in my house in UK for 5 years and my car has been in my garage too. Honeslty, some people....sheesh ! :o

there are many wrought iron workers around, a number of houses in my village have had decorative scroll security grills fitted, best on the inside so they cannot be removed which I have seen happen.

Thanlks for your replies

As someone said, I will build where I want. ( Thanks for supporting me).

I like the idea of scroll blinds but think they will be too expensive for me at present. I wil look at the decorative wrought iron option when i am there. I worked in security in the Uk and know a bit about it but now where to source in Pattaya. i'll have a look when I am there.

cheers.

there are many wrought iron workers around, a number of houses in my village have had decorative scroll security grills fitted, best on the inside so they cannot be removed which I have seen happen.

Thanlks for your replies

As someone said, I will build where I want. ( Thanks for supporting me).

I like the idea of scroll blinds but think they will be too expensive for me at present. I wil look at the decorative wrought iron option when i am there. I worked in security in the Uk and know a bit about it but now where to source in Pattaya. i'll have a look when I am there.

cheers.

There are several metalwork workshops on Threppasit roasd who make window grilles.

They also fabricate moveable metal grilles for inside sliding

glass doors.

The metal shops usually have pretty decent catalogs to go through & pick out a design you like. If you decide on a custom design (as you know already) make sure they are clear on what you want . if you go with a pre-designed style you only have to deal with the quality of the smithies work. It sounds like as suggested already to get an on premise person to take care of your grounds while you are away as work dwindles & more & more people get desperate , no matter what you do your house will be a number 1 target & 70,000 baht is a good investment to keep your house intact + you get a servant to help out.

IMO the easiest route is to put an alarm system in, some years back I was broken into, they simply removed the wrought iron grills at there leisure, of course somebody has to respond to the alarm............