Best Pizza In Pattaya?

hendrix

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The picture of the La Bocca pizza does indeed look good. Is it aircon or al fresco? Looking forward to a second opinion, then we'll surely try it out.

hi Phil, the new avatar is errr .... unusual for you

do you ever watch 'Curb your Enthusiasm' ?

Larry David has some wonderful lines related to baldness in the series

just search youtube Larry David bald to view

Edited by timekeeper

The picture of the La Bocca pizza does indeed look good. Is it aircon or al fresco? Looking forward to a second opinion, then we'll surely try it out.

i went on Friday, Phil

no need to go into the fine details

just to say it was excellent on all counts and looking for an excuse to drive from Mabprachan to go again

I assume La Bocca is an Italian restaurant? Besides the pizza, what is the rest of the menu like?

It's a full Italian menu. My impression is many more modern dishes, as opposed to traditional. I've tried a few pastas. OK, but tiny portions and rather overpriced. I would give a thumbs down on the lasagna. I say stick with the pizzas and calzones. The desserts look good but who needs that after a pizza?

http://pattayatoday....g-out/la-bocca/

Edited by Jingthing

I assume La Bocca is an Italian restaurant? Besides the pizza, what is the rest of the menu like?

It's a full Italian menu. My impression is many more modern dishes, as opposed to traditional. I've tried a few pastas. OK, but tiny portions and rather overpriced. I would give a thumbs down on the lasagna. I say stick with the pizzas and calzones. The desserts look good but who needs that after a pizza?

Agreed, been there 3 times now had pizza every time it is superb , plus don't forget they give you large plate of entrees and a basket of different breads with olive oil and wine/balsamic vinegar passifier.gif

i went on Friday, Phil

no need to go into the fine details

just to say it was excellent on all counts and looking for an excuse to drive from Mabprachan to go again

Well that does it. We'll have to check that out. Tonight. :P

La Bocca - good news first: The pizza is indeed excellent, the best I've had in a very very long time in Pattaya. Quite large I'd say larger than the usual, toppings all the way to the edge and perfectly balanced, not too yukky and not too dry. The bad news: They add service charge. Arrgh, I really hate that. Just like Sunrise, the total bill is really very reasonably but I hate getting that 10% SC slapped on the bill. Why not just raise prices with those 10%. I'd be happy to tip on top of that, but if they already take 10% themselves then that's all they get. Rant over. Still, great pizza. Had the Quattro Formaggio, Ms Conners a Calzone, both perfect.

• Like 2

La Bocca - good news first: The pizza is indeed excellent, the best I've had in a very very long time in Pattaya. Quite large I'd say larger than the usual, toppings all the way to the edge and perfectly balanced, not too yukky and not too dry. The bad news: They add service charge. Arrgh, I really hate that. Just like Sunrise, the total bill is really very reasonably but I hate getting that 10% SC slapped on the bill. Why not just raise prices with those 10%. I'd be happy to tip on top of that, but if they already take 10% themselves then that's all they get. Rant over. Still, great pizza. Had the Quattro Formaggio, Ms Conners a Calzone, both perfect.

It has been said they are putting that 10% into their pockets and not sharing with the service staff. Just thought I'd make that known as if you think that 10% is going to your service staff then you might be interested to know that they receive none of it. It's not fair to the staff nor the customers.

Under Thai LAW, as recently ruled in their supreme court, no more than 22 percent of the service charge collected can be kept by the business owners. The rest under Thai law MUST be distributed to the staff.

Given there is such a 'Thai LAW" who is going to enforce it? Went to a place last night and it was packed, the food was so so at best and there was the ++...never again. The book of Gone must be highly distributed, or you guys are making excuses with your hunger for alternative cuisines. BTW I left a decent tip on top.

Agree.

The pasta portions are small. 4 ravioli for 280thb.

• Like 1

A few shops before La Bocca I noticed another very nice looking restaurant, I think it was called LInda, had a Norwegian flag in the window -- anyone tried that? A JT review perhaps? wink.png

Yes. Good Norwegian food. Not cheap. I don't see that Norwegian food has massive appeal outside the Scandinavian market. That's all folks.

http://www.lindasrestaurant.com/default.asp?Folder=2119

A few shops before La Bocca I noticed another very nice looking restaurant, I think it was called LInda, had a Norwegian flag in the window -- anyone tried that? A JT review perhaps? wink.png

Linda's is good.

I heard the chef quit opened a restaurant right behind Lindas called JoyEnjoy.

• Like 1

Hm, a Norwegian-only website for a restaurant in Pattaya, curious. At least the menu is in English. When we passed by there was a sign outside with the special of the day at 285 bath IIRC, seemed ok, but I agree the prices on the menu are in the higher end of things.

why some pizza are good?

because pizzaloio doesn't clean his hand.

At NY Pizza House I've seen them take a dirty floor mop and clean the pizza oven between pizzas, but I still order from them.

Not much nasties survive at 320 °C.

why some pizza are good?

At NY Pizza House I've seen them take a dirty floor mop and clean the pizza oven between pizzas, but I still order from them.

dam_n.. I didn't need to know that. I have eaten from them quite a bit.

why some pizza are good?

Are you <deleted> kidding me? YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by pauljones

Under Thai LAW, as recently ruled in their supreme court, no more than 22 percent of the service charge collected can be kept by the business owners. The rest under Thai law MUST be distributed to the staff.

I think I read that up until now, they were keeping all of it, not distributing and of it to the employees. I've been told that's the case by many restaurant wait staff when I question them about this. Not good.

Yes, some restaurants have indeed been not giving any of the collected so called "service charges" to their staff. (Or only a portion of it less than the now required 78 percent.) I have no idea whether this new ruling from the Thai supreme court will actually force such businesses to do the right thing. Maybe some will drop the service charge completely as they can't keep it all now. coffee1.gif