Best Pizza In Pattaya?

hendrix

What I would give for a real New York pizza! :o

Itd have to be less then the price of a flight and 20 hours on a plane.

Im surprised a really good tasting pizza chain hasnt been set up yet, there is definitely the market in tourist areas for it.

Pizza Express in the UK is the best chained pizza company here, several of them would fit right in in LOS.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, absolutely we need more international food chains in Thailand, we don't have enough. Stop with the real restaurants and the homemade food!

But the homemade pizzas at most places in Thailand including real and chain restaurants are disgusting, so long as its tastes good and is freshly made then i couldnt give a shyt if its a chain or not.

Just received an email from a friend whom asked me to post this on his behalf. Any guidance appreciated.

"Does anyone know of a restaurant/pizza place that serves whole wheat pizza dough instead of the regular white dough?"

Yeah, absolutely we need more international food chains in Thailand, we don't have enough. Stop with the real restaurants and the homemade food!

But the homemade pizzas at most places in Thailand including real and chain restaurants are disgusting, so long as its tastes good and is freshly made then i couldnt give a shyt if its a chain or not.

Right on brother! :o

Italian pizzas were designed to be eaten as part of a meal where New York pizzas are more substantial and usually eaten alone. Both are good, but it probably depends a lot on which you were raised with. I have never had an Italian pizza that was any better than "good", where I find New York pizzas to sometimes rate fantastic! :o

New York pizza is good if you can't get to New Haven.

Yes, New York pizza is the best, and its really where it was invented anyway, by Italian immigrants. The only reasonable explanation that I have seen for the superior nature of New York pizza is the high mineral content in New York tap water. New York's finest - it's the water

I must confess, I have not been to Pizza Big in Naklua. So far, I like Pizza, Pizza by Janee at the Avenue to be the best for my taste. It is authentic Neopolitan, which is quite different than a New York thick crust. But, Pizza, Pizza has a good Neopolitan crust and fantastic topping, although service and price can be an issue. Hopf on Beach Road claims to serve Neopolitan, but both times I've eaten there I was dished out a slimy, greasy mess which slid off my plate.

I wish that I had know about Pizza, Pizza last week. I saw it and was wondering. :o

Well its a matter of taste. I don't like Pizza Pizza pizza in Pattaya very much at all and I think the Pattaya (TOURIST TRAP) and Bangkok (much better) locations are very different, and yes, I have had good Neopolitan pizza in Napoli. Pizza Big in Naklua is the best I have had in town. BTW, also not at all impressed by that Spaghetti Pizza place in Jomtien complex. OK, pizza tastes are very subjective.

Edited by Jingthing

That does look better than what I had there. Did you get special treatment perhaps?

I say this because the toppings appear more generous than what I experienced there.

I did like their pizza in Bangkok but found the Pattaya experience much different.

Perhaps worth another try. BTW, are the chokes on that pizza fresh chokes or bottled/canned? I don't like bottled chokes on pizzas because of the cheap oil taste on the pizza.

Edited by Jingthing

Yes, New York pizza is the best, and its really where it was invented anyway, by Italian immigrants. :o:D:D:D:D

Oh, I forgot, Anericans invented nearly everything first....

The only reasonable explanation that I have seen for the superior nature of New York pizza is the high mineral content in New York tap water. New York's finest - it's the water

The only reasonable explanations is that americans love also McDondald, KFC, etc...

I must confess, I have not been to Pizza Big in Naklua. So far, I like Pizza, Pizza by Janee at the Avenue to be the best for my taste. It is authentic Neopolitan, which is quite different than a New York thick crust. But, Pizza, Pizza has a good Neopolitan crust and fantastic topping, although service and price can be an issue. Hopf on Beach Road claims to serve Neopolitan, but both times I've eaten there I was dished out a slimy, greasy mess which slid off my plate.

Maybe Napoletana ??

Edited by angiud
  • Like 1

The New York water is also credited for the superiority of New York bagels, but Montrealers have good water too.

I like good pizza of any style but I don't think there is a good representative of the better American style pizzas in Pattaya. One of my favorites was a corn meal crust based pizza in San Francisco, not "authentic" at all but bloody delicious. I wouldn't throw a "real" Chicago style deep dish off the table either. Or a good New York slice. etc.

Oh well, too late for the fresh corn meal pizzas, they closed their restaurant in SF! Frozen only now.

http://vicolopizza.com/index.htm

Edited by Jingthing

Yes, New York pizza is the best, and its really where it was invented anyway, by Italian immigrants. :o:D:D:D:D

The only reasonable explanation that I have seen for the superior nature of New York pizza is the high mineral content in New York tap water. New York's finest - it's the water

The only reasonable explanations is that americans love also McDondald, KFC, etc...

Maybe Napoletana ??

Of course pizza wasn't invented in America but New York was where it first got a toehold in the US. Lombardi's in New York is generally considered to have been the first pizzeria in the US, other early ones (that are still in business) were Delorenzo's in Trenton, New Jersey and Pepe's in New Haven, Connecticut. Pizza didn't start to take off in the States until after WWII; and it took a long time for the word "pizza" to enter the American vocabulary. Pepe's for instance still calls their food "tomato pies" instead of pizza. All that said, pizza at Delorenzo's and Pepe's (never been to Lombardi's) is quite a different thing that what most people think of as "American Pizza" (which most people outside the US seem to equate to the type of mass market pizza that you might buy by the slice at a shopping mall or the stuff sold by the likes of Pizza Hut and Dominos), to the point that many people reasses their view on what constitutes "good" pizza after eating at Pepe's for the first time.

3 in my family vote Pizza Hut Super Supreme as the best pizza.

eeeewwwww.

Pizza Hut is to pizza what $tarbucks is to coffee...

:o

Maybe, but most pizza in LOS is so lousy that Pizza Hut is still one of the best.

What I would give for a real New York pizza! :D

Something like an italian Guinness-like beer, portuguese sushi, tacos from Thailand...

There's another way that you could look at it. Pizza took off in the States largely after US troops in Italy sampled it during and after WWII. When they came home, many sought it out by going to pizzerias in Italian neighborhoods in US cities, and ultimatley pizza became so popular in the US that many people now think that pizza is "American Food". Now, maybe the Americans don't cook pizza as well as the people in your home country, maybe they even bastardized it by coming up with things like a "deep dish" pizza, but at least they appreciated this cuisine of your country. That's more than you can say for the people of Eurporean countries ex-Italy and ex-Greece, who must have been aware of pizza generations before the Americans and instead of taking a liking to it decided to stick to their own dreary food. An Italian favoring their own pizza over American pizza is understandable, but at the same time Italians resenting Americna pizza strikes me as being a bit offbase, a little bit like parents resenting the accomplishments of their children.

Edited by OriginalPoster

The New York water is also credited for the superiority of New York bagels, but Montrealers have good water too.

I like good pizza of any style but I don't think there is a good representative of the better American style pizzas in Pattaya. One of my favorites was a corn meal crust based pizza in San Francisco, not "authentic" at all but bloody delicious. I wouldn't throw a "real" Chicago style deep dish off the table either. Or a good New York slice. etc.

Oh well, too late for the fresh corn meal pizzas, they closed their restaurant in SF! Frozen only now.

http://vicolopizza.com/index.htm

Never tried Vicolo. However, Zagat's consistently rates Zachary's pizza #1 in the Bay Area. They serve a unique stuffed pizza. I was there for the opening in the Rockridge district in Oakland around 1980. The very first night, they had a line out the door, which hasn't changed since it opened, despite opening several other stores. It's very popular with the Berkeley university (Cal) crowd.

Where do you think the Italians got their tomatoes, which is considered the ingredient that turned flatbread into pizza?

Imported from America!

That does look better than what I had there. Did you get special treatment perhaps?

I say this because the toppings appear more generous than what I experienced there.

I did like their pizza in Bangkok but found the Pattaya experience much different.

Perhaps worth another try. BTW, are the chokes on that pizza fresh chokes or bottled/canned? I don't like bottled chokes on pizzas because of the cheap oil taste on the pizza.

The chokes were fresh and tasty. No special treatment. I've eaten there about 4 times in the 10 months it has been opened. I've never eaten a less than excellent pie there.

Where do you think the Italians got their tomatoes, which is considered the ingredient that turned flatbread into pizza?

Imported from America!

I don't know about America, but here we use big cans of italian tomatoes, and sometime fresh local tomatoes, when the season and the price are both good!

Ah, flatbread????

Imported from America!

which part of America would that be?

I think that he's referring to tomatos being introduced to Europe by traders returning from the "new world". Tomatos were native to America and unknown in Europe, eventually tomotas and tomato seeds were brought back from American and were farmed in Europe as well, but before that they did not grow on European soil.

Edited by OriginalPoster

I like Pizza, Pizza by Janee in the Avenue Pattaya the best, but that's a personal preference, because I favor authentic Neapolitan pizza. Many people say Pizza Big in Naklua is the best.

I'll second Pizza Pizza at The Avenue. Expensive, lousy service, no toilets, but the pizzas are brilliant and totally addictive. The thread is "best pizza", right, not "the best pizzeria"?

The best pizza in town is Nova platinum hotel on pratanak road next to hotel siam bayshore good value for a hotel and great taste and they bring hot bread and you spread the garlic butter yourself (included in pizza price)pasta is excellant carbonara no 1 check it

stay away from the drinks they look a bit expensive and bump your bill up

Pizza Big is decent Pizza but most of the pizza in Pattaya taste like cardboard smeared with nasty rubber like fake mozzarella cheese - if you can make it over to the Dark Side of Pattaya there is a hidden gem called Dao's Cafe that does some interesting mixtures , they do a few with a fresh egg baked into the center and it really tastes good.

Edited by thaiphoon
Failed link removed

• 3 weeks later...
Pizza Big is decent Pizza but most of the pizza in Pattaya taste like cardboard smeared with nasty rubber like fake mozzarella cheese - if you can make it over to the Dark Side of Pattaya there is a hidden gem called Dao's Cafe that does some interesting mixtures , they do a few with a fresh egg baked into the center and it really tastes good.

<< Failed link removed >>

IM going ti try there pizzas now ! . . . . looks tasty and good pricing. .

Edited by thaiphoon

Since I like the type of pizza they make at Stone Oven and Pizza Pizza, I also want to mention La Grappa at the back of Woodlands Resort (down the soi on the south side a bit before the main entrance). I had the pepperoni there today, and to me that was as close to perfection that I can get. Thin crust, wonderful sauce, cheese, spices and toppings. Also with some fresh green leaves on top I assume is italian basil, but my knowledge of botany is nothing to write home about. My g/f had a lasagne, also very good according to her. Give it a try. Not cheap, but wonderful taste!

• 2 months later...
Since I like the type of pizza they make at Stone Oven and Pizza Pizza, I also want to mention La Grappa at the back of Woodlands Resort (down the soi on the south side a bit before the main entrance). I had the pepperoni there today, and to me that was as close to perfection that I can get. Thin crust, wonderful sauce, cheese, spices and toppings. Also with some fresh green leaves on top I assume is italian basil, but my knowledge of botany is nothing to write home about. My g/f had a lasagne, also very good according to her. Give it a try. Not cheap, but wonderful taste!

The Stone Oven Pizzas on Beach Road Soi 6 and 6.1 are very good. You can also take away if you can't manage to eat it all.

• 1 year later...

I recently went to Pizza Big. Only the second time after not going for years as when I am in Naklua I usually eat German (or Thai).

Sorry to report Pizza Big which I remember fondly from my first visit, has lost me as a customer for life. This isn't a big loss for them, but I think others should know.

-- Pizza quality, lower quality than last time in terms of cheese, the crust tasted good (but BURNT, see below), and the sauce was just OK, the meat topping I had was good

-- Size, significantly less BIG. Not really complaining about that, just saying, and actually very funny considering their name

-- Major Complant! My pizza arrived with massive blackening on the bottom of the crust. Every piece was effected. The pizza was clearly less than a minute from being completely inedible. Upon realizing this I made a little show of examining the black crust and made kind of a face to the waitress indicating my displeasure. At that point I was EXPECTING her to talk to me about the problem. Instead she started laughing and smiling, I know, I know, a typical Thai response. However I decided I was going to get major flack trying to return this pizza, so I ate it. The crust actually tasted good and not very burnt, but I hate the idea of eating a burnt crust. There was no foreign owner around; otherwise I would have complained.

Naklua is out of my usual eating area. No need for a special trip for a just OK pizza that might be burnt (and you can't send it back). Bye Bye Pizza Big.

Edited by Jingthing