Sawmpy Aot Taxi Scam

TexasRanger

OK, this scam doesn't really affect us in the pocket, just letting you know why I had a shock last time.

I get picked up by AOT to take me to the airport, I always book a day in advance by phone. Being a cynic I always call when I wake up in the morning (usually an early flight) to check the booking.

Last time I called and hour before I was due to leave and they said they had no booking for me and it was too late to book another so I got pretty upset having booked in advance.

Anyway, I wrote this off and looked for alternative arrangements, just as I was about to leave an AOT taxi driver called my mobile and said he was waiting downstairs :o

I called AOT and told them and they sounded shocked and asked me to get the driver to call them and she gave me her name. I tell the driver and he calls some girl and it is not the same woman, probably the drivers girlfriend I guess as I asked to talk to the woman I spoke to previously and surprise, surprise she isn't there. It has now become apparent that during off peak times (maybe) they just don't put you in the system, the money goes straight in the drivers pocket. This was confirmed when (a) I got in the car, they usually ask for a signature

(:D when I asked for a receipt, the one he gave me was not an official AOT receipt.

Anyway, I thought it was a one off, I called this morning to book again and heard her doing all the typing and she said OK, it's done, as perviously advised I then asked for the booking number and "Oh, sorry, hang on a minute sir" and heard all the typing again where she obviously had to make a real booking.

So, this may not affect many people but when I submit my receipts to the company and some dont match up they may ask questions, just a heads up and don't panic if you ring to confirm your ride and they don't have a booking for you, they are just doin a scam, quite a profitable one I think.

Maybe a scam, maybe just incompetence...

At any rate, why do you care, if it costs you the same?

And why would your company care who gave you a ride to the airport, so long as the cost is in line with what you normally pay? And if they were to ask, you can simply say that you had to use a different company...it is not as if you are trying to scam your company.

And why would your company care who gave you a ride to the airport, so long as the cost is in line with what you normally pay? And if they were to ask, you can simply say that you had to use a different company...it is not as if you are trying to scam your company.

I am sure it's a scam. Anyway, I care when i call to confirm and get told I don't have a booking. That was my main point.

I am sure it's a scam. Anyway, I care when i call to confirm and get told I don't have a booking. That was my main point.

I am 100% in agreement with you on that point.

Nothing worse than waiting for your supposedly confirmed ride, and it does not show, and the clock is ticking down.