Bar Being Built

Hi can anyone please tell me whare i can go to complain about a bar being built next to my house and other peoples houses,i am trying to sell my place and if a bar was to be built there i would have no chance,there must be rules about whare a bar could be built,many farang houses in the same place and also thai houses.the land is rented by someone who has a big club in chaweng also,and i cant see many people coming from chaweng to bangrak to go to a bar on waste land!

Hi can anyone please tell me whare i can go to complain about a bar being built next to my house and other peoples houses,i am trying to sell my place and if a bar was to be built there i would have no chance,there must be rules about whare a bar could be built,many farang houses in the same place and also thai houses.the land is rented by someone who has a big club in chaweng also,and i cant see many people coming from chaweng to bangrak to go to a bar on waste land!

where exactly is the location of this bar in banrak?

AFAIK there is no law saying where a bar can/can't be built, aside from some regulation about gogo bars not being within "X" distance of a wat or a primary school.

OTOH I don't see that a bar next door would definitely affect your property value - one place where I was living, a bar went in next door and a bit later there was a convenience store went in a few doors down. I found it convenient :o

Not everyone wants to live isolated from the rest of the world, in fact I think the majority of ppl would like to live where the services are. Look how many ppl live in Bangkok, for example!

in fact I think the majority of ppl would like to live where the services are.

Look on the plus side; you will no longer need to get out of bed to get yourself a beer and a lady (just don't tell the wife), and you no longer need to get up to change the music as long as you don't mind listening to 'pattaya, pattaya' over and over. See, there are positives to every situation as long as you look for them

where exactly is the location of this bar in banrak?

It is just passed new 7/11 by 99 club on ghost road but is up a dirt road about 500meters,so not even on the main road,and i think not just a bar more of a open air club like the lake one,but as i said there are alot of houses around it too not just me,i have been told by the workers there who are building 3 storage units now and staff houses right next to my house,so i have had to build a wall on top of a wall to try and block out the view,it will devalue my house as who would want to be next to all that,i just hope the workers there have got it wrong and there wont be a club built there!

who would want to be next to all that,

well, to answer your question directly: thousands [millions?] of people would.

It's only a very few people who have this weird obsession with living surrounded by useless empty space.

In the USA, over 80% of the population live in cities. In Thailand, over 30% of the population live in Bangkok alone. And while I don't have actual statistics to hand, I would say that almost all of the Australian population lives in cities around the coast, with vast areas of no-one inland.

samui bill very sorry to hear about all the building around your place,i would n't like it either,but am sure you will find a buyer regardless(as seen by some replies to your post).

I think its one of the perils of buying here in thailand as there seem to be no laws governing what you can build and where.probably next time you buy better to buy in a western style complex with security and high walls,then its only the neighbours that can be irritating but seeing as they'll probably be westerners you'll have more luck at communicating any problems that may arise...................good luck.

It's only a very few people who have this weird obsession with living surrounded by useless empty space.

In the USA, over 80% of the population live in cities. In Thailand, over 30% of the population live in Bangkok alone. And while I don't have actual statistics to hand, I would say that almost all of the Australian population lives in cities around the coast, with vast areas of no-one inland.

So you are saying i am weird!i dont want to have empty land around me i want more houses,but would you like to live next to a outside club with music going untill 3-4am everynight?i dont think so.clubs should be in built up places whare the tourist are who are on holiday and want to party,that is why i built outside that area,im sure 90% of people would agree with me.

samui bill very sorry to hear about all the building around your place,i would n't like it either,but am sure you will find a buyer regardless(as seen by some replies to your post).

I think its one of the perils of buying here in thailand as there seem to be no laws governing what you can build and where.probably next time you buy better to buy in a western style complex with security and high walls,then its only the neighbours that can be irritating but seeing as they'll probably be westerners you'll have more luck at communicating any problems that may arise...................good luck.

Thanks mate,will see what happens.

I disagree with Merlin, would you really want to live near a source of basses that nothing can stop and can be heard hundrer meters around????

no one would, not to mention the traffic, people shouting, fighting etc etc.

So you are saying i am weird!i dont want to have empty land around me i want more houses,but would you like to live next to a outside club with music going untill 3-4am everynight?i dont think so.clubs should be in built up places whare the tourist are who are on holiday and want to party,that is why i built outside that area,im sure 90% of people would agree with me.

you described it as wasteland --- I am guessing that is you built a house on or next to 'wasteland' then you are already out of luck :o

Hope for your sake that the food is good and it isn't a police colonel that owns the new place!

sorry if the word "weird" offended you - perhaps I could have chosen better.

I'm just saying, most people don't need that buffer zone around them, which goes to my point that having a bar next door would not necessarily lower your property value. For some people, they might view it as a negative, but for most people it would be a plus. After all, look how much a block of land is worth out in the sticks compared to the same sized block in the CBD.

Where I'm living right now I have a pub that's open from Thu - Sun till 4AM, I don't even notice it any more. It's just the same as living by a railway track, or under a flight path - you get used to it pretty quick.

Sadly, Koh Samui is no place to 'fight for your rights'.

Similar story, also form Banrak a couple of years ago:

Just finished my dream home and ready to enjoy life, big boss decides he needs to use large plot directly in 

front of my house for concretemixing...Dust, dirt and noise morning til midnight, right in the middle of a recidential area.

I saw housevalue and lifequality down the drain, and tried to do something. 

Stupid. Govt. offices, poojai baan and so on; useless.

Luckily i could sell the house without loss, young brit who didn't care and liked the house.

Hope OP finds a buyer for his house, they are out there!

Relax, you answered your own question. They will shut down within 12 mths guaranteed :o

Most don't buy because they don't have any money , certainly not because a bar may be built next door :o

i would say most of those who have money and reason don't buy in a market not made for foreigners (single not company).