New Living Room Furniture

Can anyone recommend where i can buy some new living room furniture,thai or western design.Looking for sofa?divan type seating,low coffee table etc.I have looked around Bophut area but without success.

Any help appreciated.

If you want relatively inexpensive stuff go to Index in Maenam. Most of the stuff on display is rather plasticy and naff, with the odd exception. However they also have a catalogue which has some of the stuff you can buy from their big stores in Phuket and Bangkok, and some of this stuff is quite ok.

Cheers.

There is a rather larger (for Samui that is) 'Winner' in/before/after Nam Muang, they have many coffee tables and sofas.

ok thanks but can you tell me where is nam muang?

i would not bother its reall crappy and expensive plastic / melamine furniture.

i would not recommend it

• 1 month later...
Can anyone recommend where i can buy some new living room furniture,thai or western design.Looking for sofa?divan type seating,low coffee table etc.I have looked around Bophut area but without success.

Any help appreciated.

If you want relatively inexpensive stuff go to Index in Maenam. Most of the stuff on display is rather plasticy and naff, with the odd exception. However they also have a catalogue which has some of the stuff you can buy from their big stores in Phuket and Bangkok, and some of this stuff is quite ok.

Cheers.

I agree totally with this post. All displays are plastic and cheap looking, catalogue is good. But expensive? We got 2 bedside tables a year and a half ago and got them delivered to our house a week after we ordered them. All nice, all in time, but it cost us 15000 baht for 2 small woodentables. They are nice and all but still im not sure i would reccomend this kind of shopping after doing alot of furniture shopping on the mainland. Just take the boat to and do your shopping in one of many furniture shops in surathani. At least that´s what i would do now. Anybody agree? :o

I agree totally with this post. All displays are plastic and cheap looking, catalogue is good. But expensive? We got 2 bedside tables a year and a half ago and got them delivered to our house a week after we ordered them. All nice, all in time, but it cost us 15000 baht for 2 small woodentables. They are nice and all but still im not sure i would reccomend this kind of shopping after doing alot of furniture shopping on the mainland. Just take the boat to and do your shopping in one of many furniture shops in surathani. At least that´s what i would do now. Anybody agree? :o

mattias

I am glad this came up as I am looking also for some bits and pieces.

Do you recommend any in Surat, looking for Asian style heavy wooden furniture. Is it normal they can deliver as part of price. Just thinking i do not want to order and then sit around for weeks. Thanks

mattias

I am glad this came up as I am looking also for some bits and pieces.

Do you recommend any in Surat, looking for Asian style heavy wooden furniture. Is it normal they can deliver as part of price. Just thinking i do not want to order and then sit around for weeks. Thanks

Sorry, don´t have a name or place in particular for you. We do alot of roadtrips and been bying furniture things everywhere from surath to bkk! But i know i´ve seen these massive wooden furniture in lot´s of places along the road, just can´t recall where. There seems to be alot of furnitureshops in the surath area. Also along the road. I would suggest you just take a daytrip with the car, it´s not far away. I would be very surpriced if the price/selection is not much bigger in surath than here. Homedelivery usually is not a problem in Thailand, especially if the furniture is expensive and heavy! Should be included or availible for low price.