State Of Emergency Announced In Bangkok

george

You got to be joking now ...

From: http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=130353

CAT union postpones cutting overseas circuit

CAT Telecom labour union which earlier planned to cut the country international circuit telecommunications gateway Wednesday afternoon in support of the demonstrators demanding for the ouster of the coalition government has postponed the decision until 9am Thursday.

The CAT Telecom labour union had said it would make a decision Wednesday afternoon whether or not to cut the international circuit telecommunication or gateway. Disconnecting the gateway would affect access to the Internet and international telephone services as well as financial transactions.

Speaking to TNA, Somboon Sapsarn, president of the CAT Telecom labour union, said union members had decided to postpone the decision.

Although a full work stoppage at CAT Telecom has not begun, about 40 per cent of the agency's 5,600 employees nationwide already took a day off on Wednesday. It is expected that more would join on Thursday.

The firm's operations on Wednesday did not disrupt its services to the public because most of those who were absent were in administration.

Meanwhile, CAT deputy managing director Marut Buranasettakul told TNA that the company's labour union had no authority to cut the international circuit telecommunication gateway.

Only senior executives of the company could do it, said Mr. Marut, adding that services at the company continued normally as of now. Representatives of the labour union were invited for talks with senior executives and were told that work disruption would greatly affect public users, said Mr. Marut. (TNA)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The House spent one hour in a war of words when Democrat Party-list MP Bunyod Sukthintai called for one minute's silence in condolences for a protester who died in Tuesday's melee.

House Speaker Chai Chidchob refused, saying that if Bunyod wanted to, he could do so alone because the House had a meeting agenda to follow.

People Power Party-list MP Suthing Klangsaeng also protested, saying MPs did not need to project a good image. :D:o

His statement caused many Democrat MPs to rise in protest. They demanded that Suthing retract his statement, but he refused.

Chai cut short the arguments.

- The Nation

People Power Party-list MP Suthing Klangsaeng also protested, saying MPs did not need to project a good image.

Says volumes.

Why do this guys resemble filling a sock with poop,

and swinging it around over your head in a white room...

And you know this how exactly...?

yellow shirts and thats what they say, i like to try and believe what someone actually says to me. maybe they are been hijacked and sent somewhere else but its pad at the town hall and pad getting recruited here in my village.

So they tell you that they are getting paid?

yes i think i was clear enough.

:D

And I`m sure you or your Thai acquaintances have immediately contacted the proper authorities upon observing this. :o

Doubtful. They're probably all taking the free Phuket to Bangkok flights that he asserts THAI is offering to shuttle paid PAD demonstrators to the capital.

All I tried to do was some from the ground reporting so just in case you did not understand or are interested in facts here are the facts.

One, PAD are paying 500 thb per day to demonstrate in BKK and hold their id cards on arrival to make sure thet stay put.

Two, PAD are paying for some of these people to fly from Phuket,maybe thats why the flights are full and by the way that link refered to the shortage of flights to phuket not out.

Three. The quote regarding other parties paying demonstrators was from another poster, i just commented on it.

Four. They are fools to play such a game with the economy.

I am going back to hearding my real cats.Its easier than trying to just report on this

lets hope tomorrow brings clarity

I think rumours 1 and 2 have been definitively discredited. Pro-PPP media would have rushed to publicise it there was any evidence. To add personal observation, none of the many Thai protesters I know is getting paid, some of whom came from other provinces at their own expense.

rumors one and two are as i said fact FACT ok call me a liar if you want.

I beleive what you are saying about PAD paying for the demonstrators. Their have been a lot of other posts comfirming this previously on another thread.

The flights to BKK could be supported by a statement by PAD that they did not close the airport in Phuket so their people could fly to BKK.

Some people just can't handle the truth about PAD.

The fly in the soup of course being the many, many other posts from people reporting anecdotal evidence, over the past two years of PAD threads, as opposed to just a week's worth, saying the exact opposite.

Just a matter of attempting to repeat it enough times over the past week in the hopes that eventually it will stick.

What makes the effort all that more comical is that invariably when questioned about what is the real likelihood is there for someone to willingly risk life and limb in such a precarious and volatile situation...for the princely sum of 200 baht a day plus all-you-can-eat som tam... never seems to get addressed.

I'm off to bed pretty quick, too. I dont' think much will happen tonight. Be interesting to see what scheme Samak has dreamed up for tomorrow morning. He will probably announce his referendum scam...

1. Ask the people in a referendum if he should resign, etc.

2. Pay everyone to vote in his favor

3. If enough people are smart enough to vote against him, disolve Parlament and hold another election

4. Pay the people more to vote for him and his buddies in their new party.

That's what I would do, if I was a crook like him, anyways. He is probably floating the "resigning rumours" himself, just to get everyone to watch the news tomorrow morning and have everybodies attention, while he fills them with BS

Too much rice - Not enough Protein

HTF can a government in line already for a dissolution for vote buying can even dare propose a referendum? :o

Oh, it`s TRT PPP, sorry.

Just got this....

One minute in silence by PAD for slain DAAD member

Chamlong Srimuang, a leader of the People's Alliance for Democracy, told PAD protesters to stand in silence for one minute to show respect to a government supported killed during a clash early Tuesday morning.

Chamlong told the crowd at the Government House at 9:40 pm that the PAD was sorry over the death of Narongchai Korbthaisong.

Narongchai was fatally beaten by security officers of the PAD during the clash.

Pipop Thongchai, another PAD leader, told the crowd that the people were victims of bad politicians no matter which side they belong to.

"We didn't intend to have anyone killed but the government sent men to attack us," Pipop said.

The Nation

So it looks like it was true that it was a DAAD member that was killed, and killed by PAD guards.

My wife is starting to second guess her allegiance to the PAD and so am I...my wife told me, that Sondhi told his supporters to phone the ASTV phone number and press "R" and that would make them an automatic member of ASTV and they would be deducted 200 Baht per month from their mobile phone account. Sounds like Sondhi might just be another greedy slimebag after all.

So I guess I would have to say, you guys where right and I was wrong.

I do however still support the PAD to bring down the corrupt government and Samak, because they seem to be the only ones willing to do it right now. Samak and his PPP Alliance is corrupt and needs to go. Letting them stay and change the constitution is not a good option for Thailand. Corruption must be confronted and stopped, when it is obious.

After the government falls, they can put Sondhi in jail, if they want, I don't care anymore. He is just sounding like another greedy crook now.

Whats wrong with that? We just SMS the R.

The TV station does not run for free without commercials and 100 days just mob. That is not greed!!

Also UBC costs money, or a newspaper

I would agree, H90, but ASTV has also had their bankaccount number for people to donate on the bottom of their screen 24 hours per day, through this whole thing. I'm sure, a lot of money ended up in their pockets from people thinking that they are actually donating to the PAD. I am becoming very skeptical now, but like I said, I still support the PAD in bringing down the corrupt PPP government. The two things to me are seperate issues.

ASTV and PAD are not much separated. Also Chamlong speaks a lot about ASTV. Getting news per SMS on the phone and donating 200 Baht is not bad and no one will think that goes to PAD. Money is flowing both ways. Or do you think it would make sense if you donate to Sondhi at PAD and PAD rent air time from Sondhi-ASTV?

I really have no problem with that and it was sufficient explained (I understood it in Thai and my Thai is very limited)

I really do hope that you are right and I mean that.

Either way, my support for PAD to bring down this corrupt government remains strong.

I recall that Sondhi was begging several times for donations for ASTV (I recall one month ago) and that also Chamlong told several times to help ASTV, because if ASTV runs out of money that all is not possible.

ASTV was joking some when on the beginning that when there is the mob they get their salaries on the beginning of the month :o:D :D

I know that Thaksin tried hard to make them bankrupt he threaten everyone to not make any promotion on ASTV. Sometimes they could not pay the salaries 2 months.

While I got told some people made really large donations, but in case we get a good government we all get a real life again and no one will care ASTV but Sondhi still has the expenses.

I think it is not easy to make money with a Thai newschannel.

Asking for donations still beats getting elected, pilfering the country`s coffers and giving handouts to friends, family and fooling the poor.

Edited by Tony Clifton

You got to be joking now ...

Disconnecting the gateway would affect access to the Internet and international telephone services as well as financial transactions.

Right now there's a competition as to who can shut down the Internet first.... the union workers at CAT above...

or the ICT Ministry below...

Thai government tries to shut down 400 websites

Thailand's Information and Communications Technology Ministry sought court orders yesterday to shut down about 400 websites and advised internet service providers to block 1,200 sites it considers a danger to national security or disturbing social order.

ICT Minister Mun Patanotai said the department had advised ISPs to immediately block these website

Thai government tries to shut down 400 websites

Thailand's Information and Communications Technology Ministry sought court orders yesterday to shut down about 400 websites and advised internet service providers to block 1,200 sites it considers a danger to national security or disturbing social order.

ICT Minister Mun Patanotai said the department had advised ISPs to immediately block these website

One world, one dream. :o

t!

I think, Samak was only see one way out: announce the degree of emergency! But that was need more than just the demonstrations on the Government Compound! The need was violence with fatal ending! And that was exactly coming up.

The DAAD was calling in, well known that this group is nothing else than paid terrorists! And who know who was killing that person? PAD or maybe DAAD supporters?!

Isn't it thinking to far that the fatal incident was launched from the DAAD?!

Interesting was an video clip where the security was showing the "receipt" of THB 1,200 for some DAAD member to play a violent role in that night! And that's the only hard evidence I had seen until now that supporters are paid for their support but on the DAAD site only.

before you have been talking like this: There isn't any real evidence that the PAD is paying it's supporters but a lot of real evidence that the DAAD is paying for there supporters.

now is only one evidence left: the video you have een seen. WHERE?

and what about the eyewitness of PAD, getting paid here in the forum. i believe them. the PAD is also not kosher.

and can we please stop to call this protests peaceful? they are not.

we can not be sure if we really know everything, so let's do some speculation, play with some other theories, look if they are convincingly.

what is if the goal to create such scenes of violence right from the begin. don't forget the team "peace" is on the final war.

so we provoke him a little bit, call him sub human and the animal from hel_l.

look he react when we raid a TV station, storming airports, besiege the police staton, the government house.

he is the PM, he must do something about and when the police comes it will turn ugly. thats all we need, point out his past and handlings of situations like this.

but nothing happen - samak try to sit the crisis out, the police runs a de-escalation tactic. ever see a G8 riot? that how police work. or look at demonstrations in south korea or india, how happy the police is for a little beat up.

but what you can do now, how you can top the siege of government house. how you can force some process?

do you really think it was samak in the need of some "violence with fatal ending"?

and if yes, why? to go after the demonstrants? he could have done that before, justified 100%.

but samak is more the "Ghandi" here - he does nothing. thats very cool of him, we all know how similar things ended in the past.

bad if you want fight the final war, take a country at hostage.

who really needs a little it more violence? cui bono? who makes the profit?

and because some needs the pictures for an easy to get message. here comes the slide show.

first the most easy one:

the red shirt man with the sword http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/685/1021by4.jpg tony machete.

what we can see? a paid terrorist, a killer, right?

but we should mistrust the media. what if that picture is just faked and staged. a agent provocateur, posing there to send the message around - DAAD are killers.

or maybe he used the knife just to chop some wood, to have some spears, same as the PAD.

he can not be to dangerous at all if we can make such a clear picture of him, standing so close.(look at the reaction of PADS if they get caught on the picture.)

what is 100% sure - we don't see him in action.

now look at pictures from the "peace" team:

r3866774153jr4.jpg

thats my favourite picture from the "peace" team. who will doubt after the "last war" comes only eternal peace, the final solution, the Endsieg.

and look at this final warrior. can be anyone more harmless as somchai, your condo security grandpa taking a nap on his 2 plastic chairs? a asian diogenes.

now look at some real evidence how the terrorist fight and the peace angel do the final war business.

2222258166587pm0.jpg

caption:A government supporter is kicked by an anti-government demonstrator after the two sides clashed a few blocks from the Government House in Bangkok early morning September 2, 2008.

3333333498104279kf7.jpg

caption:An anti-government demonstrator stands above an injured government supporter after the two sides clashed several blocks from the Government House in Bangkok early morning September 2, 2008.

44444r3113127532dp4.jpg

caption:An injured government supporter struggles with an anti-government demonstrator after he was attacked several blocks from the Government House....

55555r1478734561zb1.jpg

caption:Government supporters lie injured after clashes with anti-government demonstrators several blocks from the Government House ...

internat443749ch5.jpg

what you think yellow cap tells here the photographer?

okay, those pictures are also only a selection and don't show everything.

here are two more videos

look here, start at 0:44 and tell me if you still think this is self defence. for me it looks like murder. do you support this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sizynp62Lag...feature=related

in the beginning you see the team red demonstration. they look like normal people to me, not like terrorist. all of a sudden violent. it turns and show again red shirts on the ground and lots of yellow shirts beat, stone and stab them. ad the end you can see the poor man from the other video again and what happen to him.

66666661150005761mr7.jpg77777773856446034wy4.jpgccccccc11c6e0044f248cb0bv8.jpg

peace loving uhhhrrrrggg shouts, total war chants and high five after the victory

anyway, what makes someone think those protest a peaceful and the PAD is peaceful, attacking TV stations, police head quarter, goverment building is close to civil war if it is not that already.

the only side stays peaceful here is the hated government.

but maybe it'S the pictures again that makes you blind for reality.

is it the " miss total war contest"? Lady dancing good, good?

dddddddthailandpoliticalx1.jpg

is it, because is it fun for the whole family, across the generation from son over dad, uncle and grandpa?

kid1565918780xm0.jpgcceeee6b001154e90d50444td0.jpgrrrrrrnrestdll102yz0.jpg

but wait, something wrong with the peaceful uncle sato,"Anti-government protesters wielding home-made weapons rally in the Royal Plaza in Bangkok, Thailand, Saturday, Aug. 30, 2008." reads the caption. his weapon is unique. mostly you will see wood stick with nails on the end as the homemade weapon., he have a blue pipe, maybe hide homemade whisky inside. hehe, peace uncle.

but isn't the kid a little bit to young for the final war? i mean they are armed to fight, call it war. for what they need kids there? isn't that too dangerours. hold in pledge to create some drama if something goes wrong?

or are they peaceful because they do something for the youth, let them play mini golf instead of using drugs?

ballr3254733365md5.jpgball2222politicalunrestwu1.jpg

2 more pictures from the weekend, where i really have problems to see the peaceful aspect in it:

ssssssss9a81214fb1d2cdatz1.jpgsssss22222229b0thailandwn0.jpg

caption:Anti-government protesters holding home made weapons and a police shield rally in the Royal Plaza in Bangkok, Thailand, Saturday, Aug. 30, 2008. ...

caption:Anti-government demonstrators wait for riot training Saturday, Aug. 30, 2008, near Government House in Bangkok, Thailand. . ...

and look here,

youth10thailandpoliticaio7.jpg

caption:An anti-government protester sits with a pile of home-made weapons as thousands continue to occupy the Government House compound in Bangkok, Thailand, Monday, Sept. 1, ...

how old is this boy? 12,13,14? are they all total lunatic, is there no one with some peaceful mind around, see what is wrong here and tell the boy "go home, your are too young for the war"

more schoolboys on the wrong place

youthhelmetdb911thailansb6.jpghitlerundvolkssturmdpa7fg9.jpg

caption:Young anti-government protesters listen to instructions on how to battle a clash on the streets, Wednesday, Sept. 3, 2008, in Bangkok, ...

so let's go back to the speculations. looks like team red was outnumbered by peace team yellow. and if you look at the 2nd video you will see there are not all terrorist and all drunk. but no doubt, there have been people in team red just came for the fight. hooligans, trouble seekers. but obviously not well planned or organised. they could send spies behind the yellow lines, to check out how strong the others are. guess they fail to do so.

team yellow had practise riot exercise before but only dry runs. why not send for real practise a agent provocateur over to make some drunks hot for the clash?

a guy like tony machete, posing with his sword to be so convincing. simple minded people just need to see a photo of him to think to know it all.

if the DAAD had real riots in their minds, wouldn't be everything more bloddy, more violent, more people? remember the coal miners riots in rumania in the 90s, who just came to Bucharest when the goverment was in the need for a crack down on the demonstrations? that how it goes. but samak or PTRTPP didn't anything like that. do you have more evidence that the DAAD "is nothing else than paid terrorists" or is all your prove just the photo of tony machete?

and no doubt, there are a lot of points to dislike samak, but it doesn't mean that you have to team up with everybody who dosn't like him as well. look carefully who they are and what they talk.

Permanent Secretary of the Prime Ministers Office setting up temporary base of operations in PRD vicinity

The Office of the Permanent Secretary of the Prime Minsiter's Office has collaborated with the Public Relations Department to use its facility to setup a temporary base of operations after being blocked off by protests at the Government House.

The People's Alliance for Democracy rally at the Government House has made it impossible for government workers in the Permanent Secretary's office to use their facilities and thus the organization has had to request the PRD allow them to erect a temporary base of operations.

The office has also made plans to organize other areas of the PRD facility to accomodate other government organizations. The PRD has responded positively to the request.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 04 September 2008

Supreme Administrative Court forwards injunction request for Emergency Decree to Constitution Tribunal

Human Rights Attorney of the Lawyers Council of Thailand Nitithorn Lumlua (นิติธร ล้ำเหลือ) revealed that the Supreme Administrative Court has ordered a request to revoke the Emergency Decree issued in Bangkok by the Prime Minister to be reviewed by the Constitution Tribunal. The tribunal will also be entrusted with considering the matter of an injunction to temporarily suspend the decree while the matter is being considered.

The Supreme Adminisrative Court has noted that article 16 of the Emergency Decree is beyond its authority and thus must pass through the review of the Constitution Tribunal first.

The Lawyers Council submitted the request for review and an injunction on the behalf of the People's Alliance for Democracy. The council has also sought civil action against Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej for his issuance of the decree.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 04 September 2008

To: permanent_disorder

Doing a quote would just clutter things up.

Best post ever

Excellent

Excellent

Excellent

I disagree. Post was Brilliant, Original and Succint. :o

Unfortunately there will still be gullible guppies out there that will think the PAD folks are innocent angels. Yup so innocent that they need to make sure minors and elderly women are put between the PAD male instigators and anyone seeking to uphold social order. One thing that still distinguishes PAD from the terrorists in the south; The terrorists don't hide behind old women and children.

The PAD will not stop unless one of their core leaders or puppets gets the job of prime minister. It doesn't take an Einstein to see that. If Samak and the PPP quit and another party is elected that has nothing to do with the PAD, they will start again.

Now you tell me, is that democracy?

I'm not saying that Samak is not corrupt, but every other prime minister from any other party will be corrupt too. You can't tell me that any prime minister in Thailand would not take bribes for special favors. The one to take the least amount of bribes was probably Thaksin, because he had enough money himself. Those PAD leaders would take money left and right if they were prime minister.

Now, we can either stick with a corrupt prime minister and watch the country improve, or we can jump from one corrupt prime minister to another every few months, with coups and demonstrations and scare all tourists, businesses and investors away and end up with a country in ruins, chaos and anarchy.

Excellent post. Perhaps the most sane summing up of Thailand we've had for a long while. So sad to see such a wonderful country and people dragged down into the gutter this way.

Ok to sum the situation up ....

Samak is staying in power.

The Pad is staying at government house and the other places they occupy.

The Daad is staying at Samut Prakan.

The army is doing nothing.

Or in other words stalemate .....

Maybe the best solution for now? No one really has an answer for this situation that will work unfortunately .....

Waerth

but samak is more the "Ghandi" here - he does nothing.

Your entire lenghty post collapsed on itself with this jewel. :D

Clash night #1

-New chief of police installed

*-Bomb explodes next to police booth neard PAD, same pattern as before with unsolved bombings pointing to Thaksinistas.

-Chief Immediately declares no batons, shields only

-DAAD gathers dunken yobs

-Drunken yobs are allowed to hop onto m'cycles and walk the street with weapons clearly showing in hand.

-Police line has resistance of paper wall on many occasions during march, seems highly intentional

-One killed, over 40 injured.

-Decision already scheduled for Sep 2 regarding PPP party disolution.

-Everyone waiting for Samak's next move.

-Samak declares STATE OF EMERGENCY, rolleyes.gif

Today :

-State of Emergency still on

-PAD leaders warn of police movement today at Govt House.

-Rumour of Foreign Minister Tej resigning.

-Tej announces sudden resignation

-Rumour of Samak radio announcement tomorrow 7:30 am

-DAAD threaten to march and raid Samut Prakan Democrat party headquarters but did not.

- 7:30 am radio address announced.

-Next morning Samak beats chest on radio and announces...he will not resign :o

They're preparing something...or trying to show they are in total control, yet again, watch the PAD protesters fropm outside still able to join and swell up the crowd, not even an iota of control on who walks in and out of Govt. House.

Nothing but a facade. They're clueless and insist on hanging on.

Edited by Tony Clifton

Soldiers will soon clear protesters from Government House: Samak

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej said on Radio Thailand Thursday morning that soldiers would soon use lenient approach to clear protesters from the Government House.

He said the protest inside the Government House would be ended as soon as possible but the government would not use violent measures to deal with the protesters.

Samak also urged the nine leaders of the People's Alliance for Democracy to surrender and defend themselves in court.

-- The Nation 2008-09-04

Soldiers will soon clear protesters from Government House: Samak

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej said on Radio Thailand Thursday morning that soldiers would soon use lenient approach to clear protesters from the Government House.

No they won't

He said the protest inside the Government House would be ended as soon as possible but the government would not use violent measures to deal with the protesters.

Samak also urged the nine leaders of the People's Alliance for Democracy to surrender and defend themselves in court.

Ask Thaksin to do the same! :o

-- The Nation 2008-09-04

Edited by Tony Clifton

but samak is more the "Ghandi" here - he does nothing.

Your entire lenghty post collapsed on itself with this jewel. :o

Perhaps he was actually referring to Indira Gandi and the three year State of Emergency that she imposed on all of India.

Even if it was a comparison with Indira.

It`s Samak Sudaravej`we`re talking about here, the same Samak who when cornered starts threatening Al Jazeera and CNN journalists.

Not an iota of Ghandi in there.

Just an imposing proxy coward posing as PM.

In an interview (TV) this morning the outgoing Foreign Minister told to the reporter that he resign because of inability to full fill his duty.

Samak was deny that the FM declares the Passport of Mr. Taksin as invalid.

It's one of the duties of the FM to handle the passports of government officials. According to Khun Tej, Samak was not allowing him to cancle the Passports of Mr. Taksin and his wife!

There is a big difference between murder and self defense. These Pro Government Thugs where armed with big machetties and all kinds of other weapons. There are enough reports to confirm that a lot of them where drunk. They broke, (or where let through) a police line and then came running and knife wielding against the PAD. Would you just stand there and take it. If you would, you are a bigger man than I am, buddy.

Lets not forget how the attack was all orchestrated by Samak and his croneys....telling police to carry only shields, to make them seem too overpowered...then sending in the drunken mob, while the police moves aside for them, without any resistence, later claiming that they couldn't stand against the oncoming mob.

Now it makes sense to me, why the government hasn't milked it for all it's worth....because it would also show that ultimately, Samak is responsible for letting it happen.

I really hope it's the last one, too, but that still doesn't make it murder. People have a right to defend themselves, when attacked by an angry, armed Mob.

The PAD were not atacked by governement supporters. What happened was that government supporters got near an area that PAD feels is its own turf. This blatant disregard for PAD (yes PAD do believe they can designate any area of bangkok as their own ) so enraged PAD leaders that the well armed PAD security and thugs were ordered to attack the pro-government protestors. The killing is seen as a warning to anyone else who might want to anatgaonize PAD.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/030908_News/03Sep2008_news06.php

[i] Upon learning the UDD had marched to the PAD's protest site at the bridge, PAD core member Somsak Kosaisuk immediately ordered demonstrators to rush to the Makkhawan Rangsan site from Government House. [/i]

The PAD demonstrators, mostly young men armed with knives, wooden clubs, golf clubs and iron bars, reinforced PAD guards, numbering about 1,000, at the bridge to protect their protest site.

the UDD, which was outnumbered by the PAD, suffered casualties. The dead man was identified as UDD member Narongsak Krobthaisong, 55.

PPP MP suffers head injury during clash

Udon Thani MP of the People Power Party, Surathin Phimarnmekhin, received were treated with two stitches for his head injury he suffered during the clash between the pro and anti-government protesters early Tuesday, his secretary said.

The Nation

No cause for alarm then. Missed his brainbox by about three feet.

There is a big difference between murder and self defense. These Pro Government Thugs where armed with big machetties and all kinds of other weapons. There are enough reports to confirm that a lot of them where drunk. They broke, (or where let through) a police line and then came running and knife wielding against the PAD. Would you just stand there and take it. If you would, you are a bigger man than I am, buddy.

Lets not forget how the attack was all orchestrated by Samak and his croneys....telling police to carry only shields, to make them seem too overpowered...then sending in the drunken mob, while the police moves aside for them, without any resistence, later claiming that they couldn't stand against the oncoming mob.

Now it makes sense to me, why the government hasn't milked it for all it's worth....because it would also show that ultimately, Samak is responsible for letting it happen.

I really hope it's the last one, too, but that still doesn't make it murder. People have a right to defend themselves, when attacked by an angry, armed Mob.

The PAD were not atacked by governement supporters. What happened was that government supporters got near an area that PAD feels is its own turf. This blatant disregard for PAD (yes PAD do believe they can designate any area of bangkok as their own ) so enraged PAD leaders that the well armed PAD security and thugs were ordered to attack the pro-government protestors. The killing is seen as a warning to anyone else who might want to anatgaonize PAD.

[i] Upon learning the UDD had marched to the PAD's protest site at the bridge, PAD core member Somsak Kosaisuk immediately ordered demonstrators to rush to the Makkhawan Rangsan site from Government House. [/i]

The PAD demonstrators, mostly young men armed with knives, wooden clubs, golf clubs and iron bars, reinforced PAD guards, numbering about 1,000, at the bridge to protect their protest site.

the UDD, which was outnumbered by the PAD, suffered casualties. The dead man was identified as UDD member Narongsak Krobthaisong, 55.

True except you fail to point out the speeches at Sanam Luang by some major government people. That MPs led them. That the police had just been debatoned. That the police chief of Bangkok had just been replaced. That the police allowed them to walk 5 km to where the PAD were and that the police then opened their lines. We also shouldnt mention the payslip shown on TV I guess. Please give full information rather than what reads like a prepared UDD/PPP propoganda statement. And notice I do not dispute what the account you give from one witness. I am sure many witnesses had different views, but please put it into the context.

JoeInSurin

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: JoeInSurin.

· View this post

· Un-ignore JoeInSurin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is that guy still throwing questions at me? :D

I apologize. I forgot you chose to ignore legitimate questions that you have no answer for. Good way to get your point across by ignoring people. :D

Don't worry, Joe. I'm still waiting for for the eel's opinion on General P's sudden appearance in the ranks of the PAD leadership! Good at posting silly pictures, not good at answering salient points!

Quit it with the name calling, unnecessary flaming.

Who were you before you got banned and chose a new nickmname?

I replied to you earlier and you are still twisting this cr@p your way saying I had not answered you about Panlop when it was the first time you did!. :o

If you can't keep track of your bullsh!t questions, which by the way you only brought in only to divert from two totally unrelated questions I asked SOMEONE ELSE in the first place, then get lost!

My honest reply TO YOU earlier:

"There are two questions I asked above that remain unanswered.

<deleted> does Panlop have to do with what I am asking???

It's the first time you ask me directly about Panlop, I'm not going to get drawn into this right now, I admit that I don't know enough about the man yet (who has time to cover all the side players involved), although I can tell you a rough estimate how many thousands died under Thaksin."

AND the related post at the time in which you spat out your TOTALLY UNRELATED Panlop question whose only purpose was to throw a wrench in the works to save someone from answering to lies he posted, nothing else.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=2179694

If anyone clicks on the link above, they will clearly see what your true intention is here.

I'd love to answer your question, if I only knew what it was!

Your screaming rant here is so hard to understand, I've no idea of whom your are asking what.

Go back to watching ASTV in your own little dreamworld. By the way, what happened to all those hundreds of thousands of "workers" that were suposed to be coming out on strike? Don't see them, do you?

You're so full of it I bet you can taste it.

I'v been travelling recently and I'm a bit confused here. Are we talking about the person who was killed during the fight prior to the State of Emergency ? By who this guy has been killed ?

When I read TV, I've the feeling PAD has been attacked by the people supporting the government but when I read the foreign press, it's a complete different story, they show mostly PAD supporters (wearing yellow clothes) beating up people who oppose them.

Edited by Pierrot