2 Years For Murder

FarangCravings

just gotta say i was appauled reading that aussie guy that shot that yank at the restaurant next to reggae bar a few months ago was sentanced and got a WHOPPING 4 years sentance with 2 years suspended

absolutely disgusting bearing in mind that the guy was shot in the chest 2 times and then one additional shot to the head to finish him off

No wonder tha familly of the murdered guy are up in arms

reason for the light sentance the court says because it was not premeditated :o no mention of illegal weapon or any charges associated to having a gun.

So guys an gals there will be a raving maniac back on the streets in a few months

Just another feather in thailands cap

Edited by FarangCravings

You left out that he paid a mystery girlfriend of the deceased, who's friends and family members say he didn't have one in Thailand since he had only been here for what a week.. 100,000 Baht. One of the reasons I had heard of why the short stay.

He even was heard to say, in court, that he was glad he killed him and has no remorse.

Granted, there is somewhat of a shady history on the victim, it's almost a crime in itself that this guy got what he did. My gosh, Toxin's wife only got 3 yrs for millions of tax baht fraud and this guy a total of 5 for homocide. ( with the reduction in sentence due to the 100k )

Even in the 'ol US and of A, a murder will get you at least 7 years in a state pen and tax fraud will get 20 hard in a federal pen.

If I was a member of the victims family, this guy would be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his soon to be short life.

Just a few questions to try to dampen idle speculation and outrage. How many of those who have posted know either of the parties involved or the background which might have led up to the tragic killing? Was anyone who has posted a comment at the trial? Has anyone who has posted read all of the evidence? Has anyone who has posted here read up on Thai law? Does any one who posted have any knowledge of the ability or background of the sitting justice? Are comments based upon loosely reported accounts in newspapers? There are more questions, but that, I hope, will do.

Edited by Mapguy

Just a few questions to try to dampen idle speculation and outrage. How many of those who have posted know either of the parties involved or the background which might have led up to the tragic killing? Was anyone who has posted a comment at the trial? Has anyone who has posted read all of the evidence? Has anyone who has posted here read up on Thai law? Does any one who posted have any knowledge of the ability or background of the sitting justice? Are comments based upon loosely reported accounts in newspapers? There are more questions, but that, I hope, will do.

I was at the trial and filed the only accurate report on the proceedings. Many of your questions are answered in the trial report.

My articles can be read at http://photojourn.wordpress.com

I was at the trial and filed the only accurate report on the proceedings. Many of your questions are answered in the trial report.

thanks for those reports interesting reading and an absolute travest of justice and makes thailand look like a complete joke

I agree with one of the other posters if it was my familly I would be patiently waiting for 2 years 9 months to pass and then deal with him and then be prepared to serve my 2 years nine months

thanks for those reports interesting reading and an absolute travest of justice and makes thailand look like a complete joke

I agree with one of the other posters if it was my familly I would be patiently waiting for 2 years 9 months to pass and then deal with him and then be prepared to serve my 2 years nine months

Hey guy, your not thinking "Thai ". Why wait ? Why put yourself in harms way? Find a local who has a friend in the same prison. 20K Bt will take that <deleted> eating grin off this AH's face. :o Chok Dee

I agree with one of the other posters if it was my family I would be patiently waiting for 2 years 9 months to pass and then deal with him and then be prepared to serve my 2 years nine months

Hey guy, your not thinking "Thai ". Why wait ? Why put yourself in harms way? Find a local who has a friend in the same prison. 20K Bt will take that <deleted> eating grin off this AH's face. :o Chok Dee

In response to my query which had some meaningful questions, I got FarangCravings' response above based on "I was at the trail." He did not answer the questions I posed, and his response is just silly.

So, I took a look further look at him, perhaps because I found his nom de plume on ThaiVisa interesting. What does he as a farang crave? Or what does he think farang in Thailand crave, after all?! Anyway, I read his curriculum vitae that he posted. The cv is not at all impressive. He knows how to blog! Good for him!

Nonetheless, my curiosity --- despite the fact I am not a freelance journalist on the make in a "hot" news center like Chiang Mai --- would be very similarly aroused by the sentence imposed upon the killer in the Chiang Mai story. However, if you know anything about (seems to be) manslaughter verdicts in many, many countries, you would realize that there is a huge variation in punishment, from freedom to lengthy incarceration, even death. But my purpose here is not historical analysis.

I find the suggestion implied by FarangCravings and responded to by another poster that in Thailand a Thai life is worth more than a farang's life outrageous. This conclusion --- Did anyone read the "reporter's" story of another murder that he wrote about for comparison where the farang killer of a Thai woman got his death sentence commuted to life by the Thai court? The basics of that story: a farang luring under false pretenses a Thai woman to a hotel room via a "dating" web service, then killed her when she apparently complained and dismembered her body! I frankly don't see a parallel here between these two cases. Do you?

I am not normally a cynic, but I wonder if our freelance journalist, FarangCravings, wasn't just looking for a juicy story to sell to a cheap pandering Fleet Street tabloid and spun a certain story without any particular understanding of anything involved other than the absolutely crudest interpretation of two farang apparently drunk in an argument about something when one was an apparent total idiot with a gun.

I think to diminish the Thai sense of justice on the basis of this story or to credit the reportage of it by FarangCravings is disgraceful.

Carrying my point on much more broadly, I hope that the trash farang who are too broke, too ill, too socially estranged or just not very talented (including so-called "journalists") would return to their homelands or go elsewhere. It is amazing to me what tolerance this country has to permit such people to come here as other than tourists!

I agree with one of the other posters if it was my family I would be patiently waiting for 2 years 9 months to pass and then deal with him and then be prepared to serve my 2 years nine months

In response to my query which had some meaningful questions, I got FarangCravings' response above based on "I was at the trail." He did not answer the questions I posed, and his response is just silly.

So, I took a look further look at him, perhaps because I found his nom de plume on ThaiVisa interesting. What does he as a farang crave? Or what does he think farang in Thailand crave, after all?! Anyway, I read his curriculum vitae that he posted. The cv is not at all impressive. He knows how to blog! Good for him!

Nonetheless, my curiosity --- despite the fact I am not a freelance journalist on the make in a "hot" news center like Chiang Mai --- would be very similarly aroused by the sentence imposed upon the killer in the Chiang Mai story. However, if you know anything about (seems to be) manslaughter verdicts in many, many countries, you would realize that there is a huge variation in punishment, from freedom to lengthy incarceration, even death. But my purpose here is not historical analysis.

I find the suggestion implied by FarangCravings and responded to by another poster that in Thailand a Thai life is worth more than a farang's life outrageous. This conclusion --- Did anyone read the "reporter's" story of another murder that he wrote about for comparison where the farang killer of a Thai woman got his death sentence commuted to life by the Thai court? The basics of that story: a farang luring under false pretenses a Thai woman to a hotel room via a "dating" web service, then killed her when she apparently complained and dismembered her body! I frankly don't see a parallel here between these two cases. Do you?

I am not normally a cynic, but I wonder if our freelance journalist, FarangCravings, wasn't just looking for a juicy story to sell to a cheap pandering Fleet Street tabloid and spun a certain story without any particular understanding of anything involved other than the absolutely crudest interpretation of two farang apparently drunk in an argument about something when one was an apparent total idiot with a gun.

I think to diminish the Thai sense of justice on the basis of this story or to credit the reportage of it by FarangCravings is disgraceful.

Carrying my point on much more broadly, I hope that the trash farang who are too broke, too ill, too socially estranged or just not very talented (including so-called "journalists") would return to their homelands or go elsewhere. It is amazing to me what tolerance this country has to permit such people to come here as other than tourists!

Sorry pal but you sound like one pompus ass!! Murder is murder period. To kill another human because you feel like it is murder and the fact that you carry a gun illiegally is the sign of intent. Because you disagree with anothers opinion does not give you the right to kill !!!!

You sound like a Muslim, are you?