Wire Transfer Delays

BillR

Hello,

I sent a wire transfer to Krung Thai Bank in bangkok from the USA which was value dated for the next day (meaning it was to be received in thailand) but now it is 5 days later and the wire still has not credited to receivers account. I have sent many wires here in the past and have never seen one take longer than 3 days.

Is this normal? Should i be concerned? I could trace the wire but would rather hold off.

ameritrade to Bangkok bank. setup on internet yesterday morning with ameritrade, free, left ameritrade last night for BB in NY, was posted in BB here just now. 34.28 good rate and will be getting better from the looks of it. BB always does it at the close of business and ameritrade sends it out as soon as the are open for business.

when i do the same with bank of america it is days

• 1 year later...

Had occasion a few years ago where quite a large wire transfer between Singapore and Thailand "disappeared" for 31 days, made the transfer went back to work and never thought any more about it, till 29 days later got home and found it hadnt appeared in the account it was suppose to.

Call to my bank in Singapore...Yes Sir transfer effected the day instructed to account given etc etc...

Called the Thai bank..no have, no have....Singapore no do, Singapore no good...blah blah

Call to Singapore bank Manager....Thailand bank says you have f*kced up....Bank Manager in Singapore on phone to Thai bank and turns the Thai bank..bless their little hearts had decided to transfer the amount into a "holding account" and not put it in the account as instructed....

Singapore bank managers comment.....these people are incompetent...:rolleyes:

So whats the moral of my little tale ?......3-5 days max transfer not in your account start asking questions

Edited by Soutpeel

Had occasion a few years ago where quite a large wire transfer between Singapore and Thailand "disappeared" for 31 days, made the transfer went back to work and never thought any more about it, till 29 days later got home and found it hadnt appeared in the account it was suppose to.

Call to my bank in Singapore...Yes Sir transfer effected the day instructed to account given etc etc...

Called the Thai bank..no have, no have....Singapore no do, Singapore no good...blah blah

Call to Singapore bank Manager....Thailand bank says you have f*kced up....Bank Manager in Singapore on phone to Thai bank and turns the Thai bank..bless their little hearts had decided to transfer the amount into a "holding account" and not put it in the account as instructed....

Gulp! That's not helping my stress level! :o Glad to hear you did get it straightened out though.

Gulp! That's not helping my stress level! :o Glad to hear you did get it straightened out though.

As long as you have proof of transfer...you will be ok....

• 1 year later...

Just as an update, Siam Commercial did great. It took less than 18 hours from submission in the USA until I saw the balance here in Chiang Mai.

Here's an update. Last August had an 18 hour transfer. Now have been waiting for seven days for my account to be credited. Anyone else seeing long delays on wire transfers?

Just as an update, Siam Commercial did great. It took less than 18 hours from submission in the USA until I saw the balance here in Chiang Mai.

Here's an update. Last August had an 18 hour transfer. Now have been waiting for seven days for my account to be credited. Anyone else seeing long delays on wire transfers?

It's possible that the destination account is incorrect or the sender has only specified 1 name i.e. you need to specify the destination account with first name and family name (initial for first name should be enough). If only the family name specified the money gets held until you go in in person to claim the money, This happened to me once even though the account number was correct.

Anybody have any recent experience with how long Siam Commercial is taking to process wire transfers?

Credit union in the US. Made request Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 6:17 PM (Thai Time)

Funds Available in my SCB account: 29/11/2011 09:15 (Thai Time)

LM... That is my exact scenario except the dates. 8 days now and still not here. Outgoing instructions are correct and the banks are looking into it. I've done this a half dozen times before and this is the first time anything like this has happened.