Multi Billionaires

willywonker

Ive always had a respect for Man City fans as theyve always turned up in numbers both home and away no matter how theyre doing, as they are a massive club the fans have always known that all that was needed was good management throughout the club a bit of luck and they could get into the champions league places or win a cup or 2.

Wouldnt it have been sweeter to wait another 32 years to win something through working hard then to turn into another Chelsea and put another nail in the coffin of English football where all clubs used to have a sporting chance?

I believe sooner or later Liverpool will get bought out by this DIC consortium, Arsenal will have to sell out to the super rich Russian who currently owns a chunk, IMO monday was a terrible day for English football where fans of big clubs like Everton, Tottenham, Newcastle, Villa, Leeds and Sheff Wed can only hope of getting a Arab or a Russian to be able to compete.

PS If SWP couldnt get a game for 1 top club he wont be getting a game at City next year, if your new owners hopes of signing Ronaldo, Messi etc... come true, hardly good for English football.

I'm sorry, i don't understand the point your'e trying to make.

Are you slagging off City cos some rich guy has come along with dosh? If so, then i say <deleted>, your'e talking out of your ass. Last year i think we was number 20 in the rich list. So 20 other clubs had more dosh than us. What's wrong with being number one.

post-19542-1220446660.jpg

Ive always had a respect for Man City fans as theyve always turned up in numbers both home and away no matter how theyre doing, as they are a massive club the fans have always known that all that was needed was good management throughout the club a bit of luck and they could get into the champions league places or win a cup or 2.

Wouldnt it have been sweeter to wait another 32 years to win something through working hard then to turn into another Chelsea and put another nail in the coffin of English football where all clubs used to have a sporting chance?

I believe sooner or later Liverpool will get bought out by this DIC consortium, Arsenal will have to sell out to the super rich Russian who currently owns a chunk, IMO monday was a terrible day for English football where fans of big clubs like Everton, Tottenham, Newcastle, Villa, Leeds and Sheff Wed can only hope of getting a Arab or a Russian to be able to compete.

PS If SWP couldnt get a game for 1 top club he wont be getting a game at City next year, if your new owners hopes of signing Ronaldo, Messi etc... come true, hardly good for English football.

The trouble is those days of working hard and winning the title isn't enough anymore. Those days seem to be over. The champions league have turned the top 4 into a closed shop with a lop sided financial advantage. :o The only way to break into it is to get a sugar daddy who is going to spend BIG :D

the game ate itself the minute that sky became involved, the super-rich man's plaything is just a logical progression. i now love and detest football equally whereas when i was a kid i loved it unconditionally. it's no longer a sport, has absolutely no soul and is just a pretty ugly, unromantic industry like most others.

I'm sorry, i don't understand the point your'e trying to make.

Are you slagging off City cos some rich guy has come along with dosh? If so, then i say <deleted>, your'e talking out of your ass. Last year i think we was number 20 in the rich list. So 20 other clubs had more dosh than us. What's wrong with being number one.

post-19542-1220446660.jpg

But most them other 19 clubs generated the money themselves, in a fair competitive way. ie tickets sales tv revenue and shirt sales.

Fair play to you ive no doubt youll win everything for the foreseable future after hearing the front guy on skynews just now.

I also hope they put the prices up so only those from Cheshire and the suburbs can afford to go.

Multi Billionaires are not killing Football, it died years ago & SKY TV killed it... :o

But up until recently it was a level playing field with the Sky money as clubs were using the money they generated as Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool do, hence it is in theory possible to compete.

At least Jack Walker was a local lad when he poured money into Blackburn, Manchester City are now just a club for the Arabs.

the game ate itself the minute that sky became involved, the super-rich man's plaything is just a logical progression. i now love and detest football equally whereas when i was a kid i loved it unconditionally. it's no longer a sport, has absolutely no soul and is just a pretty ugly, unromantic industry like most others.

The German, Spanish and Italian leagues all have Murdoch money or something similar theyve still got a fair sense of competion and dont feel the need to sell out, so it shouldnt be a logical progression.

I hope they do buy a billion pounds worth of players in the next couple of years, to kill all realistic competition off completely, as that is what their intention is.

Manchester City are now just a club for the Arabs.

Joined today eh. I reckon your'e Redrus's alter worried ego :o

Come on troll. Own up. Tell us who you support and introduce yourself in the thread for new comers to the footy forum :D

Why would i have to be a troll (13yo girl webtalk) just because i think that when a business is spending money it could never possibly generate it is unfair competition and will put an end to football as a competition?

Do you think its going to be in SWP interest when he's dropped next season as he isnt the best right winger on the planet by a long stretch. Or when English youth players find it far more difficult to get a game then they do already, Man City have developed some good youngsters recently in a few years time theyd have had a very good chance of being in the top 4 without ridiculous money, now all these bar Richards will be able to get a game for Man City in a year or 2.

Would you like to see 20 different Billionaire owners of Premier Leauge clubs with results pretty much being decided on which Oligarch spent the most pre-season?.......please dont give the lame excuse of that is how football is now.

If you read another thread you will see which team i watch on television.

Edited by willywonker

But up until recently it was a level playing field with the Sky money as clubs were using the money they generated as Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool do, hence it is in theory possible to compete.

At least Jack Walker was a local lad when he poured money into Blackburn, Manchester City are now just a club for the Arabs.

it hasn't been a level playing field for about fifteen years. and you're forgetting, or possibly ignoring, the fact that those four clubs which have played in the champions league over the past five or six years have incomes way over and above those of the clubs which don't.

jack walker being a local lad is irrelevant too. i think you're a wind-up aren't you?

The German, Spanish and Italian leagues all have Murdoch money or something similar theyve still got a fair sense of competion and dont feel the need to sell out, so it shouldnt be a logical progression.

I hope they do buy a billion pounds worth of players in the next couple of years, to kill all realistic competition off completely, as that is what their intention is.

well if you define 'competition' as germany having two clubs capable of winning the league, spain also two and italy maybe four, then yes, i agree. that said i'd rather watch la liga than the premiership for a number of reasons.

best thing about german football is the price of match tickets, dads and lads can still go and watch bayern munich for about twenty quid for the pair of them. try doing that at chelsea.

Do you think its going to be in SWP interest when he's dropped next season as he isnt the best right winger on the planet by a long stretch. Or when English youth players find it far more difficult to get a game then they do already, Man City have developed some good youngsters recently in a few years time theyd have had a very good chance of being in the top 4 without ridiculous money, now all these bar Richards will be able to get a game for Man City in a year or 2.

it hasn't been a level playing field for about fifteen years. and you're forgetting, or possibly ignoring, the fact that those four clubs which have played in the champions league over the past five or six years have incomes way over and above those of the clubs which don't.

jack walker being a local lad is irrelevant too. i think you're a wind-up aren't you?

It would seem Man Citys assistand manager is on the same wind up as me, saying this is going to stop young players getting in.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/7597106.stm

Besides from Chelsea the top 4 teams fund players with money generated, hence its an even playing field, if either Everton or Newcastle had progressed when they qualified theyd have had money above Liverpool who came 5th.

Edited by willywonker

sour grapes ,same thing happened when chelsea got bought out ,most of the moaners are united fan anyway

I concur :o

If Man city won every trophy for the next 10 yrs through money generated id wish them well,and im most certainly not a Man U supporter.

You may concur but you still havent given a response to the FACT that kids from Manchester will have no hope of getting a game for Man City and the ones currently on the books who are very talented inc SWP will be on the bench or out of Eastlands very soon. Do you think this is a good thing???????

I gave you a link from your assistant manager here it is again, it certainly not sour grapes from him, if anything he seems disapoointed for the young city players -http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/7597106.stm

These billionaires want instant success hence will rarely give youngsters a chance, it will make the talent pool of English players even smaller then it is already, Do you think this is a good thing only occassionally qualify for the World Cup/ Euro Championship???????

Instead of calling people Trolls, or saying its sour grapes can you answer straight forward questions.

Edited by willywonker

If I may be so bold, could I please interupt for one moment W.W.

It appears there may have been a bit of misunderstanding, most newcomers to this thread, whilst it is not compulsary, introduce themselves via this link:-

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Football-Forum-t154842.html,

many haven't known about due it to the amount of information on the sight,or were too preoccupied by wanting to reply quickly to a thread close to their heart.

Very few join up and get stuck in straight away with an indepth analysis of the state of football in present day Europe. Hence I suspect a bit of a suprise by some members here.

Whilst I have only been actively participating in Thai Visa for just on a year now I have always found the Lads & Lassies of this section to be good value, fun to read & mostly witty in their banter.

Please let me use this opportunity to welcome you to the Football Topics, enjoy yourself and have fun, we can't solve all the problems of the football world (Though at times over a few jars most of us think we could) and as someone mentioned before tell us a little about yourself and you might find we are not such a bad lot after all.

Cheers & Chok Dee

and Sorry if I took up too much time.

L.K.

It would seem Man Citys assistand manager is on the same wind up as me, saying this is going to stop young players getting in.

Besides from Chelsea the top 4 teams fund players with money generated, hence its an even playing field, if either Everton or Newcastle had progressed when they qualified theyd have had money above Liverpool who came 5th.

no they bloody don't! good gods man, abramovich is an anomaly but he has stated that the money he's given to chelsea is in fact a loan, which may at some point require repaying. peter *spit* kenyon bleats on about chelsea breaking even by 2010 despite record losses year on year. man utd and liverpool are hundreds of millions in debt. fund players with money generated my arse, liverpool have had to go deeper into debt to buy players and take a personal loan off david moores to sign dirk kuyt. i don't think you know what you're talking about really mate.

no they bloody don't! good gods man, abramovich is an anomaly but he has stated that the money he's given to chelsea is in fact a loan, which may at some point require repaying. peter *spit* kenyon bleats on about chelsea breaking even by 2010 despite record losses year on year. man utd and liverpool are hundreds of millions in debt. fund players with money generated my arse, liverpool have had to go deeper into debt to buy players and take a personal loan off david moores to sign dirk kuyt. i don't think you know what you're talking about really mate.

I concur :D

That should wind "Twonker" up :o

Football sold its soul a long time ago.

Everyone wants their team to finish as high as possible. If you have more money, you have a better chance. But money doesn't guarantee success. It does give you a bloody good chance of avoiding relegation ... so Man City should be ok for the next couple of years. :o

Ha'way the lads!!

Come on troll. Own up. Tell us who you support and introduce yourself in the thread for new comers to the footy forum :D

He no longer walks amoung us. :D :D

He no longer walks amoung us. :D:D

Well I wasted my time trying to smooth troubled waters, I guess the silly wonker has gone back to his Chocolate Factory. (Roald Dahl has a lot to answer for.... :D )

Thanks for the update JS (I guess it would be a bit daft to ask why he was banned - too much Newcastle Brown perhaps......... :( )

It seems that this thread has created a good bit of banter for the first time in a while :D ,

What I've got to say is you cant stand money so whatever happens , even though not cricket! , happens , :o

We all would appreciate our own team of our players I'm sure , that's why Liverpool need Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher and the rest of real football fans cheer their team because of the local lads.

lol

sour grapes ,same thing happened when chelsea got bought out ,most of the moaners are united fan anyway

<deleted>

I concur :D

Liar, you know full well most United fans have got <deleted> all to say thats negative about this, it's been done before and will be done again.

yawn

redrus

(I guess it would be a bit daft to ask why he was banned

Breaking the rules. :o:D

Lets hope the swine doesnt return for saying Man City are now a team for a certain section of the planets society.

But willywonker, has a very good point about Man City's youth players not likely to get a chance in the future due to the instant success breed of owner, theyve already said they expect 4th this year, Premier League next and the Champions league the year after, Hughesy as decent a bloke as he comes across has got to keep himself in a job, this is difficult to do whilst bringing through young players, as the Chelsea model which Man City aspire to has shown.

Fortunately for Sturridge, Hart, Johnson and Richards theyve been able to show their talent.

The only way to create competition is to follow Mr Blatters route of several ENGLISH home grown players per team, and tell the fascists in the EU to "go away" but in a far nastier way. Blatter may be an ass but he has a point on this one.

Edited by billybonker