Shopping For A Coffee Machine To Brew Coffee

thairookie

I'm not referring to those "dripping" ones where you just add the ground coffee into the percolator. I can handle that manually.

I'm looking for something similar to what is being served in most hotels these days. I'm not sure of the term, some may call it expresso or capuccino machine.

The problem is I'm interested in neither expresso nor capuccino nor latte. Just the ordinary brewed coffee that we get from the bigger hotels. Anyway, anyone care to explain the difference between expresso and capuccino ?

I've seen this machine called "KRUPS" at Robinson going for 30K baht. Well, I'm totally new to this, so I hope to get some constructive opinions on getting such a machine.

I'm not referring to those "dripping" ones where you just add the ground coffee into the percolator. I can handle that manually.

I'm looking for something similar to what is being served in most hotels these days. I'm not sure of the term, some may call it expresso or capuccino machine.

The problem is I'm interested in neither expresso nor capuccino nor latte. Just the ordinary brewed coffee that we get from the bigger hotels. Anyway, anyone care to explain the difference between expresso and capuccino ?

I've seen this machine called "KRUPS" at Robinson going for 30K baht. Well, I'm totally new to this, so I hope to get some constructive opinions on getting such a machine.

What I would suggest is go to your nearest starbucks and ask them for one espresso (double) and one cappucino. Add one pack of sugar to both.

Now pound back the espresso and after 30 seconds if your heart hasn't stopped then try sipping on the cappucino for the next 30 minutes. Generally speaking ( I can hear the flak coming already) Cappucino's are for girls or guys that have an affinity for Silom Soi 4.

I have one of these (my second) jdlplhbl.jpg, it makes great coffee and comes with a coffee guide to making a range of coffees from Americano to Machiato.

I say it's my second, my first got 'lifted' by the shippers the last time I moved out of Thailand - Probably doing service in some BKK coffee shack.

they're great if you want to order your capsules from amazon.com...because nestle thailand wont sell any here....

Just order them online from nespresso club...worldwide shipping..never had a problem here in Thailand.

And yes they are great machines and wonderful coffee.

they're great if you want to order your capsules from amazon.com...because nestle thailand wont sell any here....

Just order them online from nespresso club...worldwide shipping..never had a problem here in Thailand.

And yes they are great machines and wonderful coffee.

how much are the machines and where can i get one?

Thanks

drop the nespresso club an email and they will tell you the authorised dealers in BKK. I remember seeing a couple of the machines in the Emporium last year so i guess also Paragon.

Nespresso Club Contact

I do believe nespresso club will even ship you a machine internationally (Beware import duty tho). Prices are arund $200-$1000 depending on the model etc.

Failing that numerous nespresso dealers in Hong Kong, Singapore and most cities in Japan.

Edited by dekka007

drop the nespresso club an email and they will tell you the authorised dealers in BKK. I remember seeing a couple of the machines in the Emporium last year so i guess also Paragon.

Nespresso Club Contact

I do believe nespresso club will even ship you a machine internationally (Beware import duty tho). Prices are arund $200-$1000 depending on the model etc.

Failing that numerous nespresso dealers in Hong Kong, Singapore and most cities in Japan.

Thankie

Verasu.com also has a pretty extensive selection of coffee machines. You might try their website, or if you want to see before you buy they have a big store on wireless. We bought our espresso/cappucino machine from them 7-8 years ago and it still works great (la pavoni).

If you are looking for brewed coffee, you want a percolator - that is what all major chains including Starbucks use. The espresso machines are for making coffee much stronger than brewed coffee.

Espresso is literally a shot of coffee, with steam and hot water forced through 7 grams of hard-packed coffee. Cappuccino has milk added to it, with foam on top, while latte has mostly milk added to it with less foam on top - basically a weak cappuccino. Americano is a shot of coffee with about two shots of water added - which is somewhat similar to brewed coffee.

Check out Boncafe Thailand

they trade pretty decent machines and their coffee is affordable and good!

The real italian stuff someone posted already... PAVONI, RANCILLIO.....check this out:

I have two Boncafe coffee makers, one in Samui and one In Phuket, but they break down alot...

But said this , Samui Boncafe will be out within 1 hour to fix, no problem and excellent service

But my coffee machine in Phuket has not worked for 1 week now in Phuket, and still waiting for someone to come out!!!

Nespresso coffee machines are the latest fashion.

Any one got one?

I have a Nespresso machine. And yes, they are fashion. Do you want coffee or fashion?

They are expensive, but look good (a feeling you lose afgter 4 weeks).

You can only use their coffee, not too bad, but expensive, and if ever they leave the market, you will have to buy a new machine.

My machine has continuous problems. If you want it fixed, you must become a member of their lifestyle club.

You looking for a good machine, make sure you have 18bar pressure. Yesterday I saw in Home Pro a Krupps machine for 9000 THB which I had never seen before. It did not carry any specifications however. I would not trust an espresso machine nder 10000 THB.

I drink a lot of coffee in stalls that have Boncafe machines, good quality. I am moving to Sa Kaeo end of this year and will buy a Krupps or a Boncafe machine.

Last thing: combined machines (grinder and coffeemachine) are expensive. Better to buy a good grinder and a good machine separately, except if you are looking for fashion. In that case, I am sure you will find one with an inbuilt jacuzzi and spoilers.