Your Thai Political Views Versus Your Western Political Views

WinnieTheKhwai

Your political views, Thai vs the West  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been reading through the news clippings forum more than usual this week, and noticed something interesting. Some people who strongly supported PAD sometimes claimed to be a (US) Democrat and going to vote for Obama. Now that's also my pursuation (Obama, i.e. liberal / left wing in a Western sense), but my views on Thai politics strongly disagree with PAD / the Thai Democrat party.

But enough about me. Let's see where we all stand.

I tried to phrase it as general as possibly, i.e. grouping in US liberals with for example UK labour people, social democrats, and so on.

For the Thai political scene I tried to avoid phrases like 'I love Samak' or 'I love PAD' because many people will be somewhere in between. So it's more on if you feel largely positive on what PAD is trying to do, and feel that it will make Thailand a better place in the long run, OR that you feel it only creates chaos and could lead to a military coup and an end to [democracy / what passes for democracy] in Thailand.

Phew. :o ( Yes, this poll is flawed, all polls are. )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I'm more of an Independent - I could swing either way when it comes to politics - and I do not blame PAD for wanting to get rid of Thaksin's boys, but I object to using illegal means to do it.

Both sides are thieves, cheaters and liars who care nothing about the people, but the PPP has been elected twice and will be again with a new election. Why not try to get rid of them without ruining the country? :o

Thanks for that contribution... Yes I left out independents, libertarians and probably others. :o

If I left out anyone else, just do like Ulysses and Mattchu and post. :D

I also know not everyone is from the USA or UK, but I think you can imagine for yourself what you'd vote. For starters if you ARE in the US then you only get a choice between two, so go with that. For other countries, go with 'what describes you best' or just post.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

You left out none of the above Winnie. Sorry we aren't all from the USA on here.

Note: This poll does NOT assume anyone is from the US. In fact neither am I; Read the poll text (limited space) and read the post text: "I tried to phrase it as general as possibly, i.e. grouping in US liberals with for example UK labour people, social democrats, and so on.

I'm aware that what's called 'liberal' in the US isn't liberal in most other places (more like libertarian) so that's why it states US Liberal, Labour ((UK/AUS), Social Democrats (most of Europe). This however is WAY to much to get into here; vote what suits you best in the spirit of the poll, or post.

I am moderate but I find the current incarnation of Republican "conservatives" in the U.S. to be nothing but religious sycophants and corporate lobbyists.

It would appear all major political parties worldwide fit the corporate lobbyist criteria, but if you vote for a minor party such as the BNP or Green party who dont pander to corporations youre viewed as an extremist.

What i want to know is why the PAD dont come up with a few policies to get those dumb poor farmers who are so uneducated that their vote shouldnt be recognised, a FREE education up until the age of 18, that might get their brains upto the level of those superior middle class people in BKK.

I believe the prior paragraph is how the PAD views the poor, it is not my view.

PAD, like all political groupings (including political parties) is falling into the trap of believing its own b*llsh*t.

Such as: "Middle-class = Superior", and "University-educated=Intelligent".

Although they are of different kinds, it takes every bit as much intelligence and skill to grow the food for your family and a surplus to sell as it does to be a member of a university faculty.

I know, as I was one of the latter, and tried (not very successfully) to do the former.

Im very left wing at home and have got more so as I have aged, and find all Thai political parties and pressure groups involved in this little power struggle to be far too right wing for my liking. I'll wait for the development of a left wing Thai party before supporting anyone although I will probably be dead before it happens.

For the record I pretty much find the US Democrats and UK Labour far to the right too. I guess I am unusual.