Need Hotel Near Sukhumvit Soi 3, December

johnson36

4-5 weeks in December for around 5-600 baht a day, including wifi? Hehehehe . I think you need to save more money.

I wouldn't put a dog into any place at that price range in peakseason in Sukhumvit, let alone my wife.

This was your original post. Which as good as says there is no where even offering rooms with free wi-fi in the area for 20000 per/mth in December. You never even thought to mention the S.M.Grande as somewhere for me to try.

The 30 sq/m rooms at 20,000 bht/mth are full this year but why should I have automatically assumed that would be the case when we stayed there last year from 1st Dec - 24th January and we booked it in September. The 30 sq/m rooms haven't gone up in price they are still 20000. The 50 sq/metre rooms with Kitchen are still 35,000 and some of those are still available, we will probaly go for one of these as we like the location.

Please say if you know of anywhere between 20000 and 35000 per/mth.

S.M.Grande want another 20,000 for my extra 12 days after the 1st month (30 days). This doesn't seem very fair to me, it means we pay 1166 bht per day for the first 30 days and then 1666 per day after that for 12 days, how does that discount work ? is it just in Thailand ? my wife has already asked them to charge the 42 days at 1166 (49000) and they say " can not do"

I would be quite happy to stay further away from Nana area if the place was close to a BTS stop.

You are facing a terrible, terrible, terrible problem. I feel for you. I really do.

Why not face up to the fact that prices have gone up and just pay more? :-)

Here's a hunch. There ARE no 20,000 30sqm rooms at SM Grande. They are on the website to draw you in, but they don't really exist. It is a very common marketing ploy.

Relax. Don't fret. You're spending far too much time worrying about the small things.

You are facing a terrible, terrible, terrible problem. I feel for you. I really do.

Why not face up to the fact that prices have gone up and just pay more? :-)

Here's a hunch. There ARE no 20,000 30sqm rooms at SM Grande. They are on the website to draw you in, but they don't really exist. It is a very common marketing ploy.

Relax. Don't fret. You're spending far too much time worrying about the small things.

They do exist because I have stayed in one for 7 weeks ( or was I dreaming that, just a moment while I ask the wife ). They do still have the 30 sq/m rooms and they are still 20,000 but they are booked up for this December. The next cheapest is 35,000 which is for a 50 sq/m with kitchen and balcony, some of these are still available, these were 35,000 last year, the prices havent changed at S.M.Grande. It doesn't surprise me that all the 30 sq/m are taken as it is good value for the area.

Maybe you hadn't heard of the S.M.Grande Soi 4 ( thats the one where Nana Plaza is ) before I mentioned it. It wasn't somewhere you told me to call to check availability, then again you haven't suggested anywhere between 20,000 an 35,000 so I can only think you dont know there area very well.

I would prefer positive advice please, if we have to stay at S.M for 35,000 we will but in the meantime I am open to suggestions of other places up to 35,000, almost 12 weeks till we arrive so theres plenty of time left.

Edited by johnson36

I live in the area pal.

I havent heard of such places because, frankly, i don't frequent low rent hotels. I'll leave that to you.

Here you go bendix, not sure if the lip is curled enough there but its the best I could find. I thought you might find it helpful :o

post-4641-1221711841.gif

I live in the area pal.

I havent heard of such places because, frankly, i don't frequent low rent hotels. I'll leave that to you.

You hadn't heard of S.M. Grande on soi 4 ? I see you live in that area but you don't get out much. Low rent hotels ? S.M has 4 bedroom 350 sqm apartments at 130,000 p/mth, might be low rent to you but not to most people.

Why dont you try giving people positive advice it might make you feel better.

Your original post could have said something like: Hi Pal, I think you will not find any availability of rooms in that area for 20,000 you may have to pay around 30,000 or you could look a bit further away from the area where you may find rooms for 20,000. This could have included a list of a few places for me to try.

Wouldn't that be much nicer.

If anyone has anywhere in mind for me to try please post.

Edited by johnson36

johnson, I've forgotten. Could you remind me if there are any rooms left at S.M. Grande for 20,000 in December?

bendix

I wouldn't put a dog into any place at that price range in peakseason in Sukhumvit, let alone my wife.

Why are you looking for somewhere to put your dog? :o

Edited by harrry

• 1 month later...

Does anybody know any names of the hotels in Soi 3/1 ? I found a place on the net a few weeks ago but can't remember it now, it looked nice and clean and tidy. I am thinking about booking some where for a few nights and then having a look round for someplace for the remaining 40 nights. If anybody nows of a place for me I would like to spend 20000 - 30000 per month, so a total of 30000 - 40000 for my complete stay. Arrive 6.30pm Dec 7th, leave bangkok afternnoon on the 18th January. Any of the Sois off Sukumvit from 1 to 20ish will be ok, just needs to be nice and clean, no rats in rooms etc.

Edited by johnson36

Does anybody know any names of the hotels in Soi 3/1 ? I found a place on the net a few weeks ago but can't remember it now, it looked nice and clean and tidy. I am thinking about booking some where for a few nights and then having a look round for someplace for the remaining 40 nights. If anybody nows of a place for me I would like to spend 20000 - 30000 per month, so a total of 30000 - 40000 for my complete stay. Arrive 6.30pm Dec 7th, leave bangkok afternnoon on the 18th January. Any of the Sois off Sukumvit from 1 to 20ish will be ok, just needs to be nice and clean, no rats in rooms etc.

There are a couple on Soi 19. Honey Hotel and another one.

• 3 weeks later...

Honey House hotel Soi 22 Sukhumwit, there is 2 " Honey House 1 " and " Honey House 2 ", number 1 is lot nearer to Sukhumwit road.

Are they any good ?

Which one is best ? photos on website look ok but I always prefer to stay somewhere that has been recommended to me.

Edited by johnson36

If you're considering the Honey Hotel, then I'd suggest the Royal Asia Lodge at the end of Soi 8 would be a better choice. You can book direct thru their web site or many of the hotel booking sites, usually around 1000 baht per night for a very nice, well kept room. But I haven't checked with them lately on todays prices, since I'm no longer a tourist here. It's good clean place with good service. Also a free 24 hour tuk tuk between the hotel and main Suk Road. Soi 8 comes out right at Nana BTS, which makes it very convenient for traveling. And if you don't take the hotel tuk tuk, it's still only a 5-10 minute walk from the hotel on a quiet, little trafficked street. Soi 8 also is about halfway between Nana and Cowboy, for those so inclined.

If you're considering the Honey Hotel, then I'd suggest the Royal Asia Lodge at the end of Soi 8 would be a better choice. You can book direct thru their web site or many of the hotel booking sites, usually around 1000 baht per night for a very nice, well kept room. But I haven't checked with them lately on todays prices, since I'm no longer a tourist here. It's good clean place with good service. Also a free 24 hour tuk tuk between the hotel and main Suk Road. Soi 8 comes out right at Nana BTS, which makes it very convenient for traveling. And if you don't take the hotel tuk tuk, it's still only a 5-10 minute walk from the hotel on a quiet, little trafficked street. Soi 8 also is about halfway between Nana and Cowboy, for those so inclined.

Thank you.

Just as you put the reply in I was looking at Royal Asia Lodge on Soi 8, its on my list as 1 to look at. Up to now we have booked are 1st 2 nights in Honey Hotel Soi 19 at 1000 baht per night, this will give us time to have a look around for some where for a longer stay, all I want at the moment is to make a short list of places to view. We will look at Honey House 1 and 2 on Soi 22 and Royal Asia Soi 8, I know Honey House 1 is quite close to Sukhumwit Road but im not too sure how far down Soi 22 Honey House 2 is, my wife has called them already and ive still not got the answers (need to do it myself) they told her Honey House 2 is 1 year old (dont know if I believe that ?) I asked if the photos on the website were of Honey 1 or 2, they told her same same, how can the photos be exactely the same, one hotel they say is only 1 year old and the other is older, did they just copy the 1st one ? was it that good ?

Heres a link to Honey House Hotel Soi 22, may a TV member can tell me if the photos are hotel number 1 or 2

http://www.honeyhouse.co.th/room.html

Edited by johnson36

Just a webpage I found that may be of use or interest.

http://thaiapartment.com/ServicedApartment...ex_Serviced.asp

Bua House Apartment (which is on the above link) might be worth a look.

Thank you.

I have sent an email to Bua House, but I think they are after long term stayers of 6 months or more.

Maybe, although there are both daily and monthly prices quoted on the webpage.