Need Hotel Near Sukhumvit Soi 3, December

johnson36

Myself and the wife (Thai) will becoming to BKK on the 9th December and need to book a hotel for about 1 month, maybe 5 weeks. I am looking for something quite near to soi 3 that will do a discount for a month stay, about 20,000 baht will be ok. Can anyone recomend anything, if it has free wi-fi that would be good.

Maybe you dont know the area very well ?

Last year me and the wife stayed at S.M. Grande Residence, 33 Sukhumvit Soi 4, its a fantastic place, quite a new building, it has Swimming Pool & Jacuzzi, Stream & Sauna, Fitness Centre, Children's Playground, pool table, table tennis, basket ball and FREE WI-FI. All the staff and security are very nice.

We paid 20,000 baht per month

http://www.kobayashi.co.th/PhotoGallery/Su...it/sk1101_3.htm

http://www.kobayashi.co.th/Thaigo/sukhumvi...ment/sk1101.htm

Before I book it for this year I am just looking to see if there are any other choices at a similar price.

If your not familiar with the area it is located on Soi 4 about 5 minutes walk from Nana Plaza on the left hand side opposite Ronnies Pizza

Last year me and the wife stayed at S.M. Grande Residence, 33 Sukhumvit Soi 4, its a fantastic place, quite a new building, it has Swimming Pool & Jacuzzi, Stream & Sauna, Fitness Centre, Children's Playground, pool table, table tennis, basket ball and FREE WI-FI. All the staff and security are very nice.

Before I book it for this year I am just looking to see if there are any other choices at a similar price.

If your not familiar with the area it is located on Soi 4 about 5 minutes walk from Nana Plaza on the left hand side opposite Ronnies Pizza

I also stayed there a month. Great place for a couple and free tuk tuk anywhere within around 1km radius. 2 types of studios and I think yours was entry level. Not sure what the prices are now though everything seems to have jumped 20% overnight

I also stayed there a month. Great place for a couple and free tuk tuk anywhere within around 1km radius. 2 types of studios and I think yours was entry level. Not sure what the prices are now though everything seems to have jumped 20% overnight

if they hav'nt sorted out the political situation out by then your price range might get you a lot more :o

Yea, book it again as you will not find that level of amenities elsehwere IME. That building has been fully re-furbed but remains relatively empty owing to outrageously high rents and/or prices. They must be managing some units as extended-stay/serviced. You could find a one BR apartment for 19,000 (exclusive of electricity, water) in the area but it won't have all those extras. Don't hesitate.

ive just booked tickets today for 6th Dec arrive BKK 18.30 7th. and leave BKK 6 weeks latter on 18th Jan. Im going to get the wife to give S.M.Grande a call on Sunday. Hopefully ill be able to book for 42 nights on the same rate as it works out for 30 nights at 20,000. Hopefully she will be explain to them that we want 42 nights at 666 baht, 28,000 total. Last year we stayed over the 30 nights and paid more for the extra nights which seems abit silly when you have already been there a month. I think they originally wanted 1000 baht or something for the extra nights.

I am sure that if my wife asked if we could stay 25 nights they would tell her 25,000 but if we stayed 30 nights we could have the monthly rate of 20,000 baht, she will try tomorrow. All I want is for them to work the rate out prorata as I have done, surely this is possible even in Thailand. They all have calculators. Even my thai wife has to have a little chuckle now when they use the calulator to add 40 baht and 20 together.

Will we be successfull in getting 42 nights at the rate of 30 nights for 20,000 ????

Edited by johnson36

ive just booked tickets today for 6th Dec arrive BKK 18.30 7th. and leave BKK 6 weeks latter on 18th Jan. Im going to get the wife to give S.M.Grande a call on Sunday. Hopefully ill be able to book for 42 nights on the same rate as it works out for 30 nights at 20,000. Hopefully she will be explain to them that we want 42 nights at 666 baht, 28,000 total. Last year we stayed over the 30 nights and paid more for the extra nights which seems abit silly when you have already been there a month. I think they originally wanted 1000 baht or something for the extra nights.

I am sure that if my wife asked if we could stay 25 nights they would tell her 25,000 but if we stayed 30 nights we could have the monthly rate of 20,000 baht, she will try tomorrow. All I want is for them to work the rate out prorata as I have done, surely this is possible even in Thailand. They all have calculators. Even my thai wife has to have a little chuckle now when they use the calulator to add 40 baht and 20 together.

Will we be successfull in getting 42 nights at the rate of 30 nights for 20,000 ????

Impossible i would think, there is no logic when it comes to that stuff here. Wouldn't be surprised if their website hasn't updated, actually would be in shock if it was...keep us posted

all we can do is try, im going to write all the sums down for the wife and get her to make the offer of 28000 for 42 nights, seems reasonable to me. Theres no way I am going to agree to 20000 for 30 nights and then 12000 for the remaining nights. Last year I wasnt in as good bargaining position because we had already paid for and used up are 30 nights and still needed somewhere to stay.

Doesn't need to be on Soi 3, anything within about 15 minutes walking distance of Nana area will be OK

I take my hat off to you. Getting a Thai to walk 15 minutes is a miracle.

She managed to walk with me from Soi 4 to Soi 53 one day, but she insisted we got the sky train back.

4-5 weeks in December for around 5-600 baht a day, including wifi? Hehehehe . I think you need to save more money.

I wouldn't put a dog into any place at that price range in peakseason in Sukhumvit, let alone my wife.

There is a brand new complex about 150M up Soi 4 on the left handside, i was going to stay there in peak season last year for exactly 20,000 BHT, sorry i dont know the name maybe someone on here does.

Bendix - You must be the richest man on TV to afford a dog a better place then this, i salute you on your wealth.

4-5 weeks in December for around 5-600 baht a day, including wifi? Hehehehe . I think you need to save more money.

I wouldn't put a dog into any place at that price range in peakseason in Sukhumvit, let alone my wife.

There is a brand new complex about 150M up Soi 4 on the left handside, i was going to stay there in peak season last year for exactly 20,000 BHT, sorry i dont know the name maybe someone on here does.

Bendix - You must be the richest man on TV to afford a dog a better place then this, i salute you on your wealth.

That sounds like the same place: S.M.Grande Residence, theres a 7/11 just before the entrance and it is opposite Ronnies Pizza.

its building 101 on this map: http://www.kobayashi.co.th/Thaigo/sukhumvit/sukhumvit.htm

My wife has just telephoned S.M.Grande a few minutes ago and all the 20,000 rooms are full for December.

I need an alternative for a similar price. My original requirements have changed slightly

1: it can be quite far from Nana if it is not too far from a BTS stop ( 5 or 10 minutes walk to any BTS is ok )

2: It doesn't need to have free Wi-Fi

My wife has just telephoned S.M.Grande a few minutes ago and all the 20,000 rooms are full for December.

I need an alternative for a similar price. My original requirements have changed slightly

1: it can be quite far from Nana if it is not too far from a BTS stop ( 5 or 10 minutes walk to any BTS is ok )

johnson36 I would suggest the 20000 hasnt existed for a long time. Everything has jumped in price and I do agree with Bendix although I would have put it different :o I use to stay at the dynasty grande around the corner and it has jumped from 1800 bht/night to 2800 per night. There is one solution, I live at the Trendy (new)soi 13 ,5 mins from Nana Bts. A ot of studios for rent here and they have all come onto the market for rental at once and many will be available in December. you can pm me say November and i can give you a list of numbers from the notice board by the pool. They all furnished and Im sure some one would be happy to rent for a month or 2.

Edited by zorro1

johnson36 I would suggest the 20000 hasnt existed for a long time. Everything has jumped in price and I do agree with Bendix although I would have put it different :o I use to stay at the dynasty grande around the corner and it has jumped from 1800 bht/night to 2800 per night. There is one solution, I live at the Trendy (new)soi 13 ,5 mins from Nana Bts. A ot of studios for rent here and they have all come onto the market for rental at once and many will be available in December. you can pm me say November and i can give you a list of numbers from the notice board by the pool. They all furnished and Im sure some one would be happy to rent for a month or 2.

HI Zorro

Soi 13 is OK for me, we can walk to soi 3 or 4 from there, will they be serviced appartments or just private lets ? Hour much can I expect to pay for 7th Dec till 18th Jan ? (42 nights)

Cheers

I will give you the number for their sales office a bit later. There not serviced however no probs getting a maid 3 times a week, around 100-200 bht at a time. Theses are regular private condos but I already met a few holiday people that were able to rent for a month or 2 due to so many un rented condos just sitting there. will pm you soon with number, good luck

Edited by zorro1

Now I know the 20,000 baht rooms are all full for December and they only have the bigger rooms with kitchens at 35,000 we need an alternative.

We arrive in BBK on 7th December and leave on 18th January

My original requirements have changed slightly

Now I know the 20,000 baht rooms are all full for December and they only have the bigger rooms with kitchens at 35,000 we need an alternative.

15,000 baht difference divided by 42 days = 352 baht difference a day? :o

RAZZ

Hi Razz

You got your sums wrong.

35000 is the price for 1 month (30 days) as is the 20000 so the difference is 15000 per 30 days = 500 baht more per day. So for 42 days it is 21000 more, about £344 (21000 / 61 baht)

RAZZ

Hi Razz

You got your sums wrong.

35000 is the price for 1 month (30 days) as is the 20000 so the difference is 15000 per 30 days = 500 baht more per day. So for 42 days it is 21000 more, about £344 (21000 / 61 baht)

Which is about 5 beers :D

RAZZ

I seriously doubt you'll find a decent place for less than 1,200 THB per night for your length of stay. Trendy (Soi 13) is quite nice, and there are studios (35 m2) in there for 20,000 (base) but that price is for at least a one year contract. Personally I'd take the 35k rate at S&M Grande given that you are familiar with the property and are happy with it.

Maybe Google "Long stay", "Extended Stay", "Serviced Apartments" and "Bangkok" to get a feel for current pricing.

RAZZ

Hi Razz

You got your sums wrong.

Which is about 5 beers :D

RAZZ

Yes and its also 210 beers over the stay. OK for you with bottomless pits of money but some of us have to try and budget somewhere. I would agree if I was looking to stay somewheere a few nights, 500 baht a night more wouldn't make a lot of difference but come on 42 night at 500 more 21000, £344 is a lot of difference.

OK, so now I know theres no rooms left at S.M.Grande for 20,000 per month what are my best option for around 30,000 per month or 42000 for my total stay of 42 nights, ill consider anywhere but I want something nice, no rooms where the window faces a brick wall about 1 metre away.