Sea Sun Sand Resort Concerns

dbaron

I am thinking of staying at the Sea sun sand reort in Patong but have read several reviews about ongoing theft from the in room safes.

Does anyone know if this is still happening.?

I have heard they have moved the safes into reception.

Is this true?

Thanks for help

DB

I am thinking of staying at the Sea sun sand reort in Patong but have read several reviews about ongoing theft from the in room safes.

Is this true?

Thanks for help

DB

I read the same reviews, but a friend of mine stayed there for 2 weeks without any problems whatsoever; staff was very friendly and no other guests seemed to have problems, so I would personally recommend this hotel (and my friend is coming again in February, staying in the same hotel).

However, just one 'bad apple' in the cleaning staff might change all that, so it is wise to not have excessive amounts of cash or valuables in a room safe, as per definition somebody will have a master key for it.

Use traveller checks, and assumption would be that if you stay in a 3star hotel you would not need to have a Rolex or mega-expensive electronics with yoy. A travel insurance is a must anyway.

Is this true?

Thanks for help

DB

When (and where!) you have so much choice, why even think about a place with such a badly tainted name? When I supported a previous complainant (admittedly 2 years ago) I found that they were connected to an even more obnoxious outfit in the same area. Farang run!!

Go to Google. Go elsewhere.