Best Seafood Resturant In Bkk

Endo

My missus loooooooooooooves seafood.. :o

So where is the best seafood resturant in BKK (can of worms anyone?)

Cost is irrelevant, im on holiday so i wont care (Cost estimate is fine if you want to provide it for future reference) :D But closer to Siam Square (we are staying at the Novotel) the better :D

People rave about Lek & Rut, corner Yaowarat and Pha Dung Dao in Chinatown.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/01/07/travel/06bangkok.php

I like it but recommend you dine indoors in their restaurant rather than al fresco, ask for directions curbside.

Also a popluar Thai seafood restaurant is Hua Plaa Chong Nonsee, Rama 3/Wat Chonglom intersection (Nonsi Road). Excellent value but this huge restaurant is always packed so maybe expect a wait for a table.

A search of this and the Western Food forums might yield additional recommendations.

i will go for JE NGOR 'S KITCHEN , the one in new road (si-phaya) before i will ask some other people around

cost is high, place do not look very good, but nice food

With a branch at the corner Narathiwat and Chan Kao.

Yes, they have few branch, i never try them, as i live near china town.

the one i go is located : 541/9 Charoen - krung Soi 39 ( si-Phaya) new road

Poo Gratian ( crab / garlic )

Pla Boo

many iso & politic people there, approximate 1000+ baht a head

It's gotta be Lord Jim's at The Oriental Hotel. I ahve'nt eaten meat for over 25 years, basically living on fish instead, and this place served up the best I've ever had.

Yeah, it's pricey, but friends paid as it was my birthday. However, there is a lunchtime buffet which was I think around 900 baht. Well worth it.

Check it out!

At least 3 of the places I would have recommended! I do like Somboon's though it can be touristy but still very good. I go Je Ngor's on Naratiwat a few times a year and it's always packed with regular middle class Thai. The buffet as far as seafood goes is great at the Oriental with nice view of the river. Sunday evenings at Sheraton Grande on Sukhumvit has a great seafood buffet along with other foods including Indian and is also great.

If you want fresh and good tasting seafood at very very reasonable prices, I recommend Prakked seafood on Chula 23.

It doesnt look like much, just a normal thai style restaurant. Thai style = just a room with tables and chairs, no fancy decor.

I have introduced it to afew ppl, farangs and thais and they all give it the thumbs up.

And it is located very close to the Novotel Siam.