Non-o Extension

Did a search and couldn't find the info I was after.

Basically I have a Non-O Multiple entry visa. My next visa run will be on 6th January which takes me up to around April 5th. I plan to go to the UK around the 15th April.

Is it possible to get a 10 day extension to the visa rather than having to do a visa run for the sake of such a short time ? (the visa is valid until June of this year)

If I have to do a visa run then fine, but would prefer not to.

Thanks.

Thai Bairn

3. NON-IMMIGRANT VISA

5. VALIDITY OF A STAY

The holders of this type of visa are initially granted a period of stay in the Kingdom not exceeding 90 days unless otherwise instructed by the Office of Immigration Bureau.

6. EXTENSION OF STAY

Those qualified persons can obtain an additional one year stay permit counting from the date of entry in the Kingdom pertaining to the Office of the Immigration Bureau's regulations on extension of stay. The extension of stay is at the discretion of the Immigration officer.

N.B. Applicants wishing to stay in the Kingdom longer than 90 days, have to file their application either at the Thai consular mission aboard or at the Office ofImmigration Bureau in Bangkok located on Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road,Bangkok 10120 , Tel (662) 287-3101-10 (or website at (http://www.police.go.th/thaiimb/frconten.htm ) . The consular officer must refer the case to the Office of Immigration Bureau for approval. Upon receiving approval, the consular officer may issue the visa as instructed by the Bureau...............You/ll need to do a run. :o

Oh well, it was worth a try, another trip to Hat Yai, how exciting !

I did see that bit but someone had told me they knew someone who managed to get an extension, obviously talking out of their erse.

Thanks anyway.

Thai Bairn

It is very likely people have received short extensions for valid reasons, such as hospital stay and such. But you have a visa many would die to have and are still trying to get more. Make a border crossing and don't call attention to yourself. :o

No harm in asking for the extension. You may well get it.

If not you do the visa run.

Another idea has come to me.

How long are you going to the UK?

If you do have to do the visa run, you can get a re-entry permit and come back on the same 3 month stamp after your Uk visit.

Then do you last visa run just before the visa expires (June).

No harm in asking for the extension.  You may well get it.

If not you do the visa run.

Another idea has come to me.

How long are you going to the UK?

If you do have to do the visa run, you can get a re-entry permit and come back on the same 3 month stamp after your Uk visit.

Then do you last visa run just before the visa expires (June).

I was actually going to try and get a new visa in the UK from a small but very popular consulate in England.

I think I will probably just do the visa run and postpone my trip till the end of April, at least then I can book a flight soon without any uncertainty.

Thanks for the advice though.

It's curious that a Non Imm 'O' single entry visa has stamped on it something to the effect " no extensions permitted." But Non Imm 'O' multiple entry visas do not have this stamp (in my experience). Is 90-days sacrosanct **unless** you've been screened for the coveted 'multiple entry' award, i.e., you've been given a visa good for essentially 15-months? Yes, I know, border hops are involved to get this 15-months -- but why no stamp saying you can't get an extension? Does this mean you can get a 30 day extension?

Anyways, you don't (or shouldn't) have a stamp prohibiting an extension -- so maybe you can get one. As others have said, no harm trying. And you certainly have the time to do so.

I may be in the same boat soon, so please -- if you do talk with Immigration -- post the results. Thanx.

It's curious that a Non Imm 'O' single entry visa has stamped on it something to the effect " no extensions permitted." But Non Imm 'O' multiple entry visas do not have this stamp (in my experience). Is 90-days sacrosanct **unless** you've been screened for the coveted 'multiple entry' award, i.e., you've been given a visa good for essentially 15-months? Yes, I know, border hops are involved to get this 15-months -- but why no stamp saying you can't get an extension? Does this mean you can get a 30 day extension?

Anyways, you don't (or shouldn't) have a stamp prohibiting an extension -- so maybe you can get one. As others have said, no harm trying. And you certainly have the time to do so.

I may be in the same boat soon, so please -- if you do talk with Immigration -- post the results. Thanx.

You gotta believe it Jim ... that Extension Not Permitted means absolutely nothing. It is there so they can get rid of you if you are up to no good

You gotta believe it Jim ... that Extension Not Permitted means absolutely nothing. It is there so they can get rid of you if you are up to no good

Yeah, Doc. It certainly is meaningless for those who apply for one-year extensions based on support or retirement. But why no 'extensions not permitted' stamp on Non Imm 'O' multiple entry visas? Can they, indeed, get a 30-day extension, while single entry types cannot?

I sure would like hear any feedback on experience with this. I usually stay 80 days per visit -- but might want to stay 120 days in the future.

Anyone ever extend a 90-day stay for another 30? Or 10?

Yeah, Doc. It certainly is meaningless for those who apply for one-year extensions based on support or retirement. But why no 'extensions not permitted' stamp on Non Imm 'O' multiple entry visas? Can they, indeed, get a 30-day extension, while single entry types cannot?

I sure would like hear any feedback on experience with this. I usually stay 80 days per visit -- but might want to stay 120 days in the future.

You need to provide them with a substantial excuse for any extension Jim.

Yeah I used to be able to get two lots of 45 days via the relevant Embassy and Immigration, nowadays they're a lot tighter and only (generally) give 10-15 days, although one of my friends at a Uni can get longer for his teachers (although it's dependant on nationality) via their Embassy and Immigration!