Glass "hood" For Strada.

mattias33

Have a Mitsubichi strada pick up and i want to cover the back of it to make it more useful. I´ve seen the back can be covered with a "hood" made of glass. Or at least alot of glas and some parts in metal. Where do i buy this thing? Preferable in Bangkok if possible. And approx. how much will it cost me?

Thanks

Hi mattias33, when you say glass do you mean FRP - fibreglass reinforced plastic? Special canopy. Or genuine clear as crystal very unsafe glass like your windscreen and backlite? If it's the latter you could get an engineering business to make a frame and a glazier to cut some toughened safety glass to fit. But the former would look better and weigh less!

post-63954-1220792908_thumb.jpg

Have a Mitsubichi strada pick up and i want to cover the back of it to make it more useful. I´ve seen the back can be covered with a "hood" made of glass. Or at least alot of glas and some parts in metal. Where do i buy this thing? Preferable in Bangkok if possible. And approx. how much will it cost me?

Thanks

Here they are typically called a "carryboy", which is the brand name of one of the major suppliers of such (the other is Sammitr). Others might refer to them as a "canopy". In USA they are usually called a "topper" or "shell".

They are for sale everywhere...just cruise around and look for them.

Cost, I have no idea. I bought a "cover" for my Vigo...like a trunk lid, that can also raise up (electrically) and lock into place to create a "sunshade" for the bed...about 24.000 THB for that installed.

Thanks

Here they are typically called a "carryboy", which is the brand name of one of the major suppliers of such (the other is Sammitr). Others might refer to them as a "canopy". In USA they are usually called a "topper" or "shell".

They are for sale everywhere...just cruise around and look for them.

Cost, I have no idea. I bought a "cover" for my Vigo...like a trunk lid, that can also raise up (electrically) and lock into place to create a "sunshade" for the bed...about 24.000 THB for that installed.

Yep, carryboy is the thing i am looking for, sounds familiar. Anybody know a dealer in Bangkok and price?

Or i simply have to look around when i come in a few weeks. Thanks for the help guys.

their is like 2 main brands from my understanding, aero class, and carry boy....

carryboy show room is on the bangna trat highway, before the airport you should see a huge billbord saying carryboy, just get of the exit and have a look.....

Thanks man. I´ll check it out when i come in a few weeks. I am in Sweden at the moment, thats why i keep asking if anybody know the price, i can´t swing down there.....

Anybody have the slightest idea? 10k? 20? 30?. What am i looking at?

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Got it now! From Bangna i beleive it was bought and the price was 23 000 baht. Very happy with the carryboy, gives the car a whole new look, and i can use the car more as a family-car now, since the load can be outside nomatter if its raining or not. Very good!

Now, the guy who took my car and went on fixing this said to me that i need to do somekind of new registration if i understood him correctly? Anybody knows what this is about and what i do, where i go (motoroffice i suppose?) and how much it should cost me?

Thanks.

Got it now! From Bangna i beleive it was bought and the price was 23 000 baht. Very happy with the carryboy, gives the car a whole new look, and i can use the car more as a family-car now, since the load can be outside nomatter if its raining or not. Very good!

Now, the guy who took my car and went on fixing this said to me that i need to do somekind of new registration if i understood him correctly? Anybody knows what this is about and what i do, where i go (motoroffice i suppose?) and how much it should cost me?

Thanks.

You need to take it to your local Land Transport Dept and get it re-weighed and the details changed in your blue book, probably a few hundred baht and you may have to pay a small amount more for your road fund license from now on.