Blind Massage In Bangkok

desi

Awhile back I went to a great masseur, but lost contact.

I've tried others since, but they obviously are not trained as they have no feeling for what they do. It's almost like night and day really.

In looking around, I thought I'd enquire about blind masseurs.

Has anyone had the pleasure? Do you know where I can locate either a masseur on their own, or a small business? In the Ari area or close by?

I remember reading years ago that there were blind masseurs at the top of a shopping complex in Ladprao, but nothing since.

Oh, I did google and find a discussion about blind masseurs in Nana (who may, or may not be blind), but I can only guess that they are not what I'm looking for...

My next step will be contacting the Association of the Blind of Thailand as they have a massage training program.

Any advice, information or just plain sharing of personal experience is welcome!

They have a blind massage girl where I usually go. It's amazing how they can give such a complete massage without seeing.

You've got to hand it to her.

It's an old joke, but I couldn't resist. Thanks to the OP for the set-up. Never thought I'd have the opportunity to use it here.

I used to like an ' ancient massage ' myself and tried out many places all over the city. I also tried a blind masseuse a couple of times. To be honest, they are no better or worse than anyone else ....its just pot luck. One of my blind masseuses spent the whole 2 hours telling me how it came about she was blind ( traffic accident ) and although I felt sorry for her it did not improve the massage. IMHO the best thing to do is find someone who has been practicing for a long time. Also, don't get a talkative one as if you induldge in conversation it spoils their concentration and the massage suffers for it. It also helps to tell them what your preferences are , hard, medium or gentle. A hard massage is not for the faint hearted and if they are not skilled you can leave the place with more aches and pains than when you went in. A private room or curtained off area without a television is also important.....no distractions. Good Luck.

Thanks for the advice. I'm ok with a hard massage, but I need someone who knows what they are doing (I just don't know where to find one again). Creating pain without having 'the touch' is just pain. The masseur I went to was amazing. When he did something, it was for a reason. And since he was in tune with me, the teas he had brought for me were also for a reason.

So my aim is not to go just for a blind masseuse, but one who's trained and sticks around for awhile. They do seem to drift around, yes?

Btw - where did you find a blind masseuse? I've googled like crazy and haven't been able to come up with anything much at all.

there is no point looking for a blind massage therapist or to look on the net, as only very few clinics do have websites or anybody wrote about them on the net - even if you find one, it might be very far from where you live.

search locally, ask local people for recommendations, walk from the shop to shop and ask for the best therapist. The owner of the shop is usually the best one, as well as the older ones. I had very good massages from therapists well in their 60s.

myself I do go to the blind therapists close where I live in thawi wattana

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?zoom=17&...nited%20Kingdom

there are 2 small shops almost next to each other on soi settakit 31-2, one charging 150baht/2h, the other 180baht/2h (because it's air conditioned).

I knew a real fat white lady who went to a male blind masseuse in Bangkok and she said he was constantly feeling her up on purpose and acting like it was an accident and she hated it. So, that one was on Sukhumvit 71 across from Jusco if you want to get felt up.

I've tried others since, but they obviously are not trained as they have no feeling for what they do. It's almost like night and day really.

Has anyone had the pleasure? Do you know where I can locate either a masseur on their own, or a small business? In the Ari area or close by?

I remember reading years ago that there were blind masseurs at the top of a shopping complex in Ladprao, but nothing since.

Oh, I did google and find a discussion about blind masseurs in Nana (who may, or may not be blind), but I can only guess that they are not what I'm looking for...

My next step will be contacting the Association of the Blind of Thailand as they have a massage training program.

Any advice, information or just plain sharing of personal experience is welcome!

hello there

when I,am in thailand I get the best massage of all from a thai man called " jacky", its 2 hours of the best massage I,ve ever had, but it can be hard ( you can ask him to ease off)

it feels just great after along flight night out, etc

and I love massage, he also does that herbal type hotpad massage

he teaches blind people so that they can make a living and also others,

and hold seminars all over the world, sells health products which really are very good ( goji juice, green drinks, etc)

he is also a man thailand can be proud of, honest, skilled, kind and a super nice guy... just plain nice to be around, and has a wealth of advice on related subjects

jacky would be very safe for ladys - very safe no threat at all, if you know what i mean..

best wishes

why was the comment about " real fat" necessary ?, I,am sure that lady would like that, its very unkind

forgive me if it was just a joke, but on thread like this one cannot see the context, and therefore words like that can hurt

hello there

when I,am in thailand I get the best massage of all from a thai man called " jacky", its 2 hours of the best massage I,ve ever had, but it can be hard ( you can ask him to ease off)

it feels just great after along flight night out, etc

and I love massage, he also does that herbal type hotpad massage

he teaches blind people so that they can make a living and also others,

and hold seminars all over the world, sells health products which really are very good ( goji juice, green drinks, etc)

he is also a man thailand can be proud of, honest, skilled, kind and a super nice guy... just plain nice to be around, and has a wealth of advice on related subjects

jacky would be very safe for ladys - very safe no threat at all, if you know what i mean..

best wishes

why was the comment about " real fat" necessary ?, I,am sure that lady would like that, its very unkind

forgive me if it was just a joke, but on thread like this one cannot see the context, and therefore words like that can hurt

sorry, would you like his details?

bye

sorry, would you like his details?

bye

Yes, please.

(he sounds just like what I'm looking for)

hello

he the best of all, the closest I,ve ever had is in japan by a man called hiro who mixed shiatsu with thai and western chiropratic

anyway,pls send a mail to [email protected]

she is a good platonic friend who can call him, his english is,nt that great

you can also try calling her 0870350539, please say that your a friend of "blondy" from amsterdam and you,re looking for jacky, the massage man

pls let me know how it goes

best wishes

There's a place across the street from Ban Rie Coffee at Ekamai BTS (next to California WOW). Haven't tried it in years so don't know how good it is, but it's been there a long time and the only time I went the massage was pretty good.

Looks like I'm going to have quite a fun time. Ta!

Directly across the road from Siam Jusco on Sukhumvit 71. The masseurs and masseuses are all blind and were trained by the blind school of Thailand or similar organization. I forget the name. Very good and inexpensive. 150 Baht an hour 250 for two hours. They only can take four customers at a time so if they are full you may have to wait a while.

Wat Po is like a farm, and a very busy farm at that.

The place on Suk 71 across from Jusco looks too simple and completely lacks the ambience that is absolutely necessary for a massage, imo.

The OP should try all the shops on her area, it is often not the question of being the certifiable best, but the question of being the most suitable and responsive to your physique and personality.

The OP should try all the shops on her area, it is often not the question of being the certifiable best, but the question of being the most suitable and responsive to your physique and personality.

Have done (but not the whole community, obviously). I've had just one really good masseur in BKK. A male. It's the difference between someone who's just digging in their nails, to an artist at the trade. I'm bored with so so or even medium ok. I want the artist. Even a so so artist would be better than someone going through the motions.

As suggested, today I tried another (the last) massage shop in my immediate area. And while she was better than usual, the magic fingers were not present. But I will go there when I don't have the time to go further as it's the type I prefer. It's in a small house and seems established in the community.

There is one walking distance from near my place (The Loft Yen Ar Kart). It is on a small road call "Chan Kao" (Old Chan road), in between Naratiwas Road & Nanglinchee Road. make sure you tell the Taxi that it is "Thanon Chan Kao", as "Thanon Chan" it self is a few block away (very confusing).

Hardly any farang there. Price is cheap.

http://www.fepblind.ksc.net.th/ (there's nothing much on their website).

There is one walking distance from near my place (The Loft Yen Ar Kart). It is on a small road call "Chan Kao" (Old Chan road), in between Naratiwas Road & Nanglinchee Road.

Excellent, thanks! I've had the flu this week and was waiting for it to completely go before heading out again as I don't think I'd be thanked for my gift (and don't you just hate it when the masseur has the flu and passes it to you?)