Tourist Visa Question

She will have to get in touch with this office in BKK......

She doesn't have to get in touch with these people, they are just a collection point, if you want to take advice from them, do so at your peril, they have no power over the issue of Visa's.

Good Luck

Moss

Ok...... A good friend of mine is trying to get his girlfriend back on a tourist visa, they have been together for 9 months and has spent half of that time with her in Thailand.

He has been very meticulous on all documents, photos, etc etc, but the only stumbling block he can see is that she has no reason to return to Thailand. As if family is not a good enough excuse!!! Ok, she does not work and has no assets. The question is, how much of a problem is this?

Your views are appreciated.

Something to consider about a tourist visa to the US is that there are two agencies being dealt with; the State Department actually issues the visa but then you deal with Homeland Security when you apply for entry. State Department normally issues tourists visas to people coming to the US to do just that, be a tourist. The officers of Home Security assess the intent of the person standing before them based upon that. If you don't appear to be there following the intent of the visa, you could be turned around. A friend of mine held a valid multiple entry tourist visa. Normally, at ports of entry, holders are admitted for six months. The officer saw a picture of a guy who he thought might be a boyfriend and limited her stay to 30 days.

Ok...... A good friend of mine is trying to get his girlfriend back on a tourist visa, they have been together for 9 months and has spent half of that time with her in Thailand.

He has been very meticulous on all documents, photos, etc etc, but the only stumbling block he can see is that she has no reason to return to Thailand. As if family is not a good enough excuse!!! Ok, she does not work and has no assets. The question is, how much of a problem is this?

Your views are appreciated.

Something to consider about a tourist visa to the US is that there are two agencies being dealt with; the State Department actually issues the visa but then you deal with Homeland Security when you apply for entry. State Department normally issues tourists visas to people coming to the US to do just that, be a tourist. The officers of Home Security assess the intent of the person standing before them based upon that. If you don't appear to be there following the intent of the visa, you could be turned around. A friend of mine held a valid multiple entry tourist visa. Normally, at ports of entry, holders are admitted for six months. The officer saw a picture of a guy who he thought might be a boyfriend and limited her stay to 30 days.

I would guess that these requisites are applicable for a MALE parner??

I am an Oz female in the reverse role and wondering if it is easier for a Male to obtain a Tourist Visa to Oz.

Have been in a relationship here in Bangkok for 9 mths and going back to Oz for 5 weeks end September, my partner would like to come out for 2 weeks for a Wedding the BIG BUT is:

He is African and has been in Thailand for 4 years on a Tourist Visa.

He is Self Employed and obviously has no Tax Returns etc to produce all funds are on a cash basis so no concrete records.

What are his chances of obtaining a Tourist Visa or the best way to present his application.

How long would he have to wait for a Visa if successful.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you