Bkk To Angeles City (philippines) Rumor

hendrix

While I'm not particularly interested in ever visiting Angeles City, I've been hearing rumblings that Cebu Pacific will be offering 3 flights/week there. Does this interest you as an affordable escape from Pattaya's infamous Songkran? Also an alternative to the naughty nightlife of Thailand.

I have been to Angeles City, but I gotta say I personally like Pattaya much better. Aside from my preference of Thai women to Filipina, I found the Phillipines to be a bit run down for my taste. Sure there are some that like to go there regularly, but it is not for me. I doubt I will be returning to the Phillipines anytime soon unless one of my Filipino friends invites me.

I found during my visits there (for business) & some relaxation , everything seems to be in decay & crumbling. The only place I thought was up to standard was the Intercontinental in Manila. But even it seemed to need some refurbishment

Angeles City reminded me of a old village with a false facade , like an old movie set.(Was considering buying there) No Way

:o

I found during my visits there (for business) & some relaxation , everything seems to be in decay & crumbling. The only place I thought was up to standard was the Intercontinental in Manila. But even it seemed to need some refurbishment

Angeles City reminded me of a old village with a false facade , like an old movie set.(Was considering buying there) No Way

:o

The Intercon in Makati has been the recipient of a number of uninvited guests in the past which turned the old lady into a war zone. No wonder it needs refurbishment

Angeles City reminded me of a old village with a false facade , like an old movie set.

That is is not like Thailand is the main reason many guys like Angeles (at least for visits). Living there long-term would be another matter. Though for many guys, they love it.

Filipinas are tigers too compared to most tame Thai kittens :o

I went to AC last year to get away from the Pattaya water madness, had a great time. It was my third visit. It's a nice change from Pattaya, but I am always happy to get back here. The new expressway to Subic is open now, if you've got the time it's worth spending a few days by the beach there. Maybe take a girl or two from AC with you? There's enough nightlife action in the Subic area, but it's certainly not AC.

I doubt that I will use the direct CP flights though. CP's reputation for cancelling flights because they don't have enough passengers (and then screwing the passengers around) will keep me flying PAL to Manila. Anyway, I like Manila, too, been there many times over the years. Freelancer heaven if you know where to look and how to avoid getting set-up.

Air Asia have been promising a U-Tapao-Clark low-cost direct flight for a couple of years or more.

But it has never happened - I am told that the TAT Authorities do not want to lose their sex-pat tourists to the Flips.

I personally like AC and so do many of my friends - the girls speak better English, are less pushy, there is a licensing scheme to make sure they are not under-age, so on.

But you do have to learn the ropes about cherry girls and Santos Street / Perimeter Road (afternoon areas, like Soi Yodsak)

I have been to Angeles City, but I gotta say I personally like Pattaya much better. Aside from my preference of Thai women to Filipina, I found the Phillipines to be a bit run down for my taste. Sure there are some that like to go there regularly, but it is not for me. I doubt I will be returning to the Phillipines anytime soon unless one of my Filipino friends invites me.

Been thinking about going there, for some time, but put off by stories of how difficult it is to get around. Can you advise me of any web sites/ forums that give good information about life in AC please. Also, is it like Pattaya, in that you can just turn up and get an hotel, and is there a high/ low season ( I understand there are a lot less tourists visiting the Phillipines than Thailand, and AC is not really a tourist destination as such?

Thanks for any advice.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Been thinking about going there, for some time, but put off by stories of how difficult it is to get around. Can you advise me of any web sites/ forums that give good information about life in AC please. Also, is it like Pattaya, in that you can just turn up and get an hotel, and is there a high/ low season ( I understand there are a lot less tourists visiting the Phillipines than Thailand, and AC is not really a tourist destination as such?

Thanks for any advice.

It is not difficult to get to. Just fly to Manila then book a coupon taxi in Manila airport to AC.

I think AC is over rated, more of a last chance saloon for OAP's. For younger people (around 30-40) far better to go direct to Cebu and enjoy the life there. It is impossible not to have a great time in Cebu.

Thanks for any advice.

It is not difficult to get to. Just fly to Manila then book a coupon taxi in Manila airport to AC.

I think AC is over rated, more of a last chance saloon for OAP's. For younger people (around 30-40) far better to go direct to Cebu and enjoy the life there. It is impossible not to have a great time in Cebu.

Or just take a bus for about 120 pesos.

I can't agree about Cebu City being more fun.

If single and male, AC cannot be beaten...then Manila, and Cebu a distant 3rd. Cebu City appeals more to Asian tourists and right now there is a Korean explosion going on there. At my favourite Cebu City Hotel last month even the menus had been changed to Korean/English.

AC is definitely not a tourist destination. There's only one reason to be there...girls, girls, girls. If barhopping and girls are all you need, go there. If not - stay away.

It's my favourite place to be. If I was single again I wouldn't be wasting my time posting on Thaivisa...I'd be catching the next flight. :o

Note: The Koreans are starting to take over in AC too...buying plenty of bars, building hotels, golf courses and restaurants. Other foreigners are not welcome at their Hotels.

Edited by tropo

Find nine friends who want to go there and hire your own commuter jet, Utapao to Clarke. Direct door to door. Balloon chasers need not apply. :o

Edited by Rimmer