How Much Will It Cost To Build A 30 Room Building?

hi all

the land is already in my wife's name , and is south of Bangkok , dont know how to spell the name , but sounds like , tom bolly pature ,

one side of the plot is a factory , other side is a single build , 3 story building that has thirty Thai style rooms for rent , along the soi all the plots are the same size , just under 1/2 a rai , the land shape is long but thin,

is this enough info , for anyone to give me a idea , ie cost to finish said building,

Very difficult to guesstimate without looking at plans..........................if you are serious, you should

advertise for a contractor on this forum. Try and find a farang to do the job for you.

Be aware that if you use a thai contractor................he will make it his mission to cheat you by cutting

corners when you arent looking. His workers will steal your materials............so make sure you have time

to be on-site all the time, to ensure the job is done to plan.

Good luck..and get ready to deal with Thai renters!!!

Very difficult to guesstimate without looking at plans..........................if you are serious, you should

advertise for a contractor on this forum. Try and find a farang to do the job for you.

Be aware that if you use a thai contractor................he will make it his mission to cheat you by cutting

corners when you arent looking. His workers will steal your materials............so make sure you have time

to be on-site all the time, to ensure the job is done to plan.

Good luck..and get ready to deal with Thai renters!!!

thank you very much robbiecia

well do as you say , re contractor , had some guesstimates, from people in the 4 to 6 million range , ie cheap materials , good materials

thanks again

I assume you are wanting to build cheap rooms for rent to the factory workers?

I built a row like this 5 years ago.

Cost me around 10,000 per room in labour and about the same again in materials.

Going on price increases in the commodities sector - steel up 220% since I built those rooms - I reckon 800k - 1mil Baht give or take for 30 cheap cinder block rooms with fibro cement roofing, squat toliet, basic wiring, cheap false ceiling, tiled floor and rendered walls.

Will you have to supply your own transformer? You'll probably need a 50kv sucker - not sure anout the going rate for those, however, I don't think you'll get much change from 200k Baht.

1/2 Rai (40m x 20m) sounds a little small to build 30 rooms, if you build them on a 4 x 6 footprint. That pretty much takes up the area without any walkways or required gaps around the borders. A 3m x 6m footprint might work - go to the local OBT or Thesabahn and see the engineers (chang). For a little money (well spent IMO) they will help you plan the whole thing and you won't have to worry about getting plans approved.

Hope this is some help if it is what you had in mind.

Cheers,

Soundman. :o

well do as you say , re contractor , had some guesstimates, from people in the 4 to 6 million range , ie cheap materials , good materials

thanks again

Looking at 25 m2 * 30 = 750 m2 plus 20% for access ways makes 900 m2.

Very cheap construction maybe 4,000 Baht/m2 up to nice standard 9,000 Baht m2, so 3.6 million to 8.1 million.

Somebody posted 20,000 per room, that equates to around 800 Baht/m2. Impossible, unless you use waste cardboard. I suspect he didn't construct a three story building.

thanks again

Very cheap construction maybe 4,000 Baht/m2 up to nice standard 9,000 Baht m2, so 3.6 million to 8.1 million.

Somebody posted 20,000 per room, that equates to around 800 Baht/m2. Impossible, unless you use waste cardboard. I suspect he didn't construct a three story building.

thanks to you sir ,

understand totally , many thanks

thanks again

Its amazing what can happen when you actually read a post. :o

my brother in law just built (finished 6 months ago) a basic 28 room apartment block in chiang mai inner city for approx 1.8 mill. The property sits on 60 square wah (240 sqM) and is 3 story. the rooms are quirte basic furnishings and the original plan was to rent to thais and have basic thai bathroom. I suggested spending a bit more on the bathrooms and then having he option to rent to farangs too. He eneded up upgrading to farang bathroom at about an extra 3K per b'room and now enjoys almost full occupancy with a mixture of thai/farang....and a mixture of prices too!

Even 6 months though has probably added at least 15% to the price.

I think what soundman quoted was spot on for a larger plot for a single story block. But you'd easily get 30 rooms on 1/2 rai with 2 stories.

As for the thai ripping you off and cutting corners...yes that definately happens and also there is some very good ones...unfortunately there is no real way to evaluate this so it is very sound advice to always be on site...but bear this in mind...it can also become more expensive to always be onsite...ie...I think we'll do this instead....we'll add an extra "whatever here".....lets have some more power points....etc etc.....where as the thai constuction workers will just stick to the basics.

As you already have the land, no need to rush into it, talk to other people who have built in the area.

cheers

the blooded tiger