Date Of Arrival

Greetings

I have used up all my "visa on entry" stamps so I am in Vientiene city (Laos) and tomorrow intend going to the thai embassy to get myself a single entry tourist visa (TR60).

The "application for Visa" for asks for the date of arrival in Thailand.

Since i am unsure of when i will re-enter Thailand i don't know what to put down.

(I don't think i'll stay long in Vientiene; its a hole, but i may like to go down the country into cambodia for an unspecified amount of time).

My question is will the tourist visa in my passport be marked from the day i actually enter Thailand (as stated here) http://www.pattaya-funtown.com/visa_tourist.html as opposed to a hypothetical date i write on the application in Vientiene.

I'm 39, Australian, travelling on an Australian passport.

cheers

As an Australian you don't have a visa on arrival, you were here on visa exempt entry.

The date of arrival is the date you expect to be in Thailand. Just try to be accurate, but don't make a problem of it.

For a tourist visa you will have 3 months in which you have to make use of the visa (stamp will say uttilize before *****). You have to enter Thailand before that date and get 60 days of stay. If needed you can ask for an extention of stay for another 30 days at an immigration office. Will cost you 1,900 baht.