How Safe Is Thailand Now?

ThaiEye

My parents having been ringing me up repeatedy from the UK asking whether i had been shot or lynched yet - ok, perhaps that a bit of a slight exaggeration but they are real worried. I try to explain to them that i feel perfectly safe but they seem to believe everything that they hear down the local social club on how dangerous countries like Thailand.

In regards to the latest situation in Thailand, how safe would you say Thailand is? Look forward to reading your responses and i'll send my parents the link here. It will be good for them to read the opinions of others in Thailand and especially Bangkok.

Generally, where do you live?

The answers might be somewhat different between an address on Government House Road in BKK, and 97/13 Buffalo Soi in Chiang Rai.

For example, life goes on as it has for hundreds of years here in upcountry Isaan. The last two or three coups were only noticed by school children who got a day or two off from school. Sannook, sanook! :o

I left Bangkok on 2nd Sept, I had to go back to work in Indonesia.

I have already got my flight to Bangkok booked for the 2nd Oct.

I speak to my wife 3 times per day and she says every thing is ok. We live in Bangphlat, just off Sirin Thong, Bangkok

FD :o

Good to read your replies.

Sure, in regards to Bangkok Dangerous, then travellers should be more wary of traffic, elephants and manholes. Like you don't wear a Thaksin t-shirt in a demostration, you don't wear a Glasgow Rangers shirt in a rowdy Glasogow Celtic supporters pub. Just use comon sense. Don't need to bother listening to exaggerated foreign media reports.

I feel perfectly safe in Bangkok, more so than in any European capital i have ever been to.