Shall I Take It!

thaigerd

Someone offered me today a nice piece of equipment for my kitchen at home:

post-2733-1220867137_thumb.jpgpost-2733-1220867148_thumb.jpgpost-2733-1220867159_thumb.jpg

post-2733-1220867169_thumb.jpg

They brought if from Europe to Thailand in a container and don't need it anymore.

The 6 gasburners on top have these safety cuts and the electric oven has a ventilaton (convectomat).

I would like it very much because of the oven(very soon it's xmas and I could make a turkey or goose.

They ask for 25k Baht.

Shall I go for it???

Gerd

Hi Gerd,

it looks like a 100cm range cooker and seems to be un-used - strange oven window .. guess it must be Italian made probably for the UK market as a low cost unit - in the Uk range cookers are popular and the middle of the range units cost about PD's 1,000.00 the top 8,000.00 Pd's+ - this one is quite simple and would probably cost you Pd's 500.00 in the UK - its made for home use considering how close the burners are together - however, if new and you want an oven anyway (an electric oven is better than gas) at that price you really can't go wrong - saying that, check the voltage of the oven - make sure its 220V and try to bargine it down to 20k

John

p.s. no Turkey please make a nice Goose and roast potatoes in the drippings

thgis is a range cooker for under 500.00 Sterling

post-30681-1220883264_thumb.jpg

this is a top range cooker for 8 Grand Sterling

post-30681-1220883156_thumb.jpg

The price seems good for something in the pictures that looks unused etc etc.

However a point to consider, apologies if I am wrong, if this unit was designed for European 'mains' piped in domstic 'natural gas' it will probably require conversion to work correctly with bottled LPG gas here in Thailand. (Reason for current owner to pass it on?)

I have a friend that explained to me many years ago the diffences and the effects of using the wrong gas - might have been related to calorific value of the gas and the effect of the burner on CO production ??

----------------pause in writing to Google-------------------------

Found a link: here.

The Calorific Value of a fuel is described as “The amount of heat released when a know quantity of fuel is burned”.

Commercial Propane = 95 MJ / m3

Commercial Butane = 121 MJ / m3

Natural Gas = 38 MJ / m3

Because LPG appliances release more heat than Natural Gas, it is important that any gas appliances fuelled by LPG are designed and manufactured for that purpose.

Therefore, Natural Gas appliances cannot be used with LPG and vice versa for LPG appliances with Natural Gas.

....there's more....

Air / Gas RatioLPG vapour requires a higher ratio of air / gas to burn correctly.

Fuel / Air Mix

Commercial Propane = 23:1

Commercial Butane = 30:1

Natural Gas = 9.6:1

Therefore, it is important that appliances fuelled by LPG are provided with adequate ventilation and serviced regularly to ensure that they burn efficiently.

Maybe a little more research is required than does it fit ?

HTH.

ooh gerd, an oven! how i would love an oven!

go for it man! i can smell your cooking from here already!

Hi Donna,

long time no see you!

The oven is from one Alex' villas, Sunee and me are just painting the kitchen as a welcome for "him"(the oven, not Alex :o )

.....to be honest: Sunee is painting, I'm giving instructions.

Gerd

Just one quick question here, Thaigerd - does the little lady like the oven and its many burners? The reason I ask is that I once bought a huge, heavy box with two ovens, four burners, a griddle and a white cover, to fit right into our 1919 unrestored near-mansionn. My wife, who used it, hated the thing. I ended up trading it for 4 burners and a conventional gas oven. Ask her more than once.

Nice piece of kit, however PeaceBlondie has a valid point. I was given a US made Magic Chef gas oven thatended up as a kitchen decoration. Why..because the gas rings didn't generate enough brute force heat to cook Thai dishes and my wife does not roast anything.

If your hobby is cooking farang style food regularly then this is for you.

My wife sold mine as it was a waste of space.

Just one quick question here, Thaigerd - does the little lady like the oven and its many burners? The reason I ask is that I once bought a huge, heavy box with two ovens, four burners, a griddle and a white cover, to fit right into our 1919 unrestored near-mansionn. My wife, who used it, hated the thing. I ended up trading it for 4 burners and a conventional gas oven. Ask her more than once.

PB,

I do all the food at home, including Thaifood.

Wife does perfect dog food :o and we are all happy with our results.

She will be very happy when the first Lasagna, turkey comes out of it, for sure.

Gerd