Anyone Know This Village?

geordiel

Im seeking information on a village Baan Phoonsuk, Pa Chan Sub-district, Phlapphla Chai District, Buriram. Anyone been there?

Sorry, can't say that I know Baan Phoonsuk. Phlapphla Chai District, Pa Chan Sub-district is clearly marked on the map, just north of Route 24 and about half-way between Prakhon Chai and Prasat. I would guess Baan Phoonsuk is just another of those rather small villages that is not quite big enough to get itself a mention on the big map.

Im seeking information on a village Baan Phoonsuk, Pa Chan Sub-district, Phlapphla Chai District, Buriram. Anyone been there?

Sorry, can't say that I know Baan Phoonsuk. Phlapphla Chai District, Pa Chan Sub-district is clearly marked on the map, just north of Route 24 and about half-way between Prakhon Chai and Prasat. I would guess Baan Phoonsuk is just another of those rather small villages that is not quite big enough to get itself a mention on the big map.

Have you got the details right ? I live off route 24 in Buriram Province. I've asked 2 locals and they haven't heard of it. That doesn't surprise me as most aren't up on geography, even locally.

Thanks for trying. Yes it is a small village apparently (40 houses). Not allowed to visit gf's home there until my intensions are of a more serious nature. Am curious to find out as much as I can though.

Im sure ive read posts like yours before, not allowed to visit till ect ect, it seems that gf will want you to buy presents for mum & dad family ect before you visit them, thus showing your good intensions, but when you see where and how they live, you might change your mind, perhaps better to tell gf that you will take family out for food & drinks, then if all ok, buy mum & dad presents.

Hope it works out for you..

Thanks for trying. Yes it is a small village apparently (40 houses). Not allowed to visit gf's home there until my intensions are of a more serious nature. Am curious to find out as much as I can though.

.....Look out for a pair of size 10 brown shoes! :o

Edited by dee123

.....Look out for a pair of size 10 brown shoes! :o

Nice. Found a pair

Yup perhaps, dont think so though. Papa doesnt know about me yet (though we suspect he does but isnt saying anything) but her mother, sister, son, daughter have been to Pattaya to meet me. All went well. Papa to be told if/when , me/she ready.

Have seen photos of village so that will probably have to do until I finally get there.

Yup perhaps, dont think so though. Papa doesnt know about me yet (though we suspect he does but isnt saying anything) but her mother, sister, son, daughter have been to Pattaya to meet me. All went well. Papa to be told if/when , me/she ready.

Have seen photos of village so that will probably have to do until I finally get there.

A friend of mine had the same situation he met the whole family except the father. In the end after 2 years the father got sick and died so he never got to meet him. It just makes me think about the whole family relations ship to keep such secrets from each other especially between husband and wife. Maybe I should start interrogating the wife to see what she is keeping from me :o

Best of luck and I hope it works out.

Not allowed to visit gf's home there until my intensions are of a more serious nature.
Never heard that one before. The first intentions are get the farang to come and see how poor Ma & Pa are and get him to start dishing out the dosh.

Oh sounds like a quite common excuse, .....I once spent two days going round hospitals in Bangkok looking for my wifes supposedly ill brother ,...only to find out later that I had to be shipped out of town because a new farang was visiting my village... :o

would it not help if you could first contact "Papa" through video link first? :o....then perhaps make a future appointment?

Edited by dee123

The father has high status and is very strict and traditional. Even though gf is a divorced mother of two, as his daughter (with no husband), she has to act and dress very modestly. Would cause him big loss of face in the village if daughter brought back a man (especially a westener) who hung around for a while then buggered off. Gf has too many commitments in the village looking after family, farm etc to move away and knowing her as I do, she would hate living anywhere else. I would therefore have to live in the village, hence my caution. When the time is right we will tell him. Im sure he has an inkling that something is going on though pretending otherwise.

When next over will have a look around other parts of Issan to get a feel for the place. I have had umpteen different careers and lived in many countries so no culture shock is insurmountable for me.

Good life isnt it?

good on you geordiel for taking my post's on the chin......you never know you might have found a "jing jing pooying"....but??? 25 yrs of experience tells me otherwise.....sorry pal! :o if I've heared your story once,......I've heared it a thousand times....it just don't happen unless something fishy is going on.

Edited by dee123

.....as Lloyd Grossman might say "lets look at the evidence".......met in Pattaya..........is running family farm.....father doesn't want to meet you......In Issan you might hear a mother in law say "bai talat"..= gone to market.....it doesn't mean she's gone shopping it means she headed off to Pattaya.....to put more money towards "Papa's" farm.....and thats the culture difference you will have to get your head round.....

Edited by dee123

good on you geordiel for taking my post's on the chin......you never know you might have found a "jing jing pooying"....but??? 25 yrs of experience tells me otherwise.....sorry pal! :D if I've heared your story once,......I've heared it a thousand times....it just don't happen unless something fishy is going on.

But there might be a possibility that "nothing fishy" is going on............ :o

Give it a chance ...................and best of luck :D

....ok bergen can agree with that,,....but remember Sinsod is only applicable as a token gesture for farang,...as Thai law makes it impossible to continue the tradition,....no money must be asked for by your girlfriend or family,.....all the best though and good lick

Edited by dee123