Adding Pages To A Us Passport

Hello,

I recently sent my US passport in to get more pages added because I didn't have much more room than for 1 more visa. I sent it registered mail to the US office in Pennsylvania and I got notification that it was delivered on 2008-08-30. I got the regular service rather than springing for the expidited service. However, there is no indication on their website how long either service will take: http://travel.state.gov/passport/fri/add/add_850.html

Has anyone used this service before, and if so how long did you have to wait before receiving your passport? I am planning to apply for a 1 year visa to Thailand, but I can't do it until I get my passport back!

TIA

At the Bangkok Embassy, it took about 10 minutes to do.. If I recall correctly.

CS

CS - I had the same experience as you at the BKK Embassy. I don't know what the time frame is for someone in the USA doing what the OP has described. I would venture to guess you should see it anytime in the next couple weeks. It isn't like they are issuing a passport and having to review all your documents. At the Embassy, they just put the extra pages (watermarked etc and in numerical order) into the back of the passport and anchor with a special tape or something...can't remember exactly but it was prompt and pretty slick!

CS - Receiving my emails?

Martian

Edited by Martian

Hmm...as of 2008-07-11, I haven't received my passport back. It has been nearly two weeks since it was received at the processing center.

I wish I would have posted here sooner - if I knew how quick and easy it was to add pages in Bangkok, I would have waited until I got there.

Just in case anyone else is looking for an answer to this...

Passport received 2008-09-12. So from the time I mailed it until the time I received it, it was 16 days total for the regular service.

I am in Los Angeles and the processing center is in Philadelphia. Mailing time each direction was 3 days. Maybe there is some fluctuation from this, but let's face it, how busy could the US passport service get being that only 4% of Americans even have a passport?

So if you have at least 3 weeks before you need your passport to go on a trip or to get a visa, you don't need to pay for the expidited service.