Leaving In A Huff

hendrix

A friend of mine was mentioning a few months ago an incident where his pregnant wife was knocked off her motorbike while driving, punched in the face, and had her bag stolen while people looked on not offering her any assistance. He mentioned he was ready to cash in his chips and leave Pattaya once and for all.

I have been frustrated quite a few times (a day!) but I've never come close. I simply lose myself in a book or head to the gym or a massage parlor.

Any near throwing your toys out of the pram stories?

A friend of mine was mentioning a few months ago an incident where his pregnant wife was knocked off her motorbike while driving, punched in the face, and had her bag stolen while people looked on not offering her any assistance. He mentioned he was ready to cash in his chips and leave Pattaya once and for all.

I have been frustrated quite a few times (a day!) but I've never come close. I simply lose myself in a book or head to the gym or a massage parlor.

Yep that certainly must have been frustrating for your friend... :o

In relation to giving up. An Oz reporter landed a gig in New York some years ago & made his mark & revisited his family after 11 years or so in the Big Apple. He is fairly well liked in the press & was interviewed for a Melbourne Newspaper while he was 'home' on vacation.

Newspaper Reporter :- It must have been quite a culture shock for you living in the Crime capital of the world as some people regard it.?

Journo :- Not really , I haven't been in any place where I didn't feel comfortable.

Newspaper Reporter : Have you ever been mugged in the last few years though ?

Journo : As a matter of fact just last week & I had my wallet stolen.

Newspaper Reporter : Was that in Central Park by any chance ??

Journo : No , it happened here in Melbourne my 'home' town

TRUE Story................anti social scum are everywhere

:o

TRUE Story................anti social scum are everywhere

:o

WOW! REALLY!!!

Who would've thought.

It has become standard here on TV, for virtually any topic, to see the knee-jerk, pointless and mindless 'it happens everywhere' posts. Did anybody ever say it didn't? What is the desperate psychological need these poor souls have to post these remarks? (A rhetorical question)

Should we not discuss anything on TV anymore? Only sweet, sticky, dripping complimentary posts allowed?

Or posts that the reader agrees with?

Or every time someone wants to discuss say the taxi mafia on Samui, he must mention taxis in Rio, Beijing, Johannesburg, London, Cairo, Melbourne, New York, Timbuktu, Gat sonder Water, you get my drift. (Or do you. Must I sit and type out every city, town and village in the world for you?)

Irritating doesn't describe it.

/rant

Edited by OlRedEyes

Most people must think about moving on from Pattaya occasionally (maybe even daily?) for various reasons (violence, prices, pollution, death threats, :o etc.), but in the end where would you go? Bangkok and Phuket can't compete as places to live, IMHO. The alternatives abroad, assuming you are largely attracted here by the bars and easy sex, are mostly twice as dangerous and have hardly any infrastructure. Cambodia, the PI, Indonesia, they're great places for a holiday and a change of scenery, but personally I am always glad to get back home to Pattaya. I've only lived here for four years, maybe after ten years I will become jaded and want to move on, but certainly not yet. :D

Edited by Guderian