Comodo Firewall, Any Good?

steveb

I would like to try Comodo firewall as I have read good things about it. I have also read that it's very difficult to remove and many pop ups. Anyone have experience with it and is it good? Are there any other alternatives out there?

I give Comodo Forewall Pro a 9.8 vote out of 10! The other top firewall (but its not free) would vote a 9.9! Thats Agnitum Outpost.

Thats my humble opinion... and use a router with NAT and Firewall enabled - its rock solid protection

Edited by webfact

I would like to try Comodo firewall as I have read good things about it. I have also read that it's very difficult to remove and many pop ups. Anyone have experience with it and is it good? Are there any other alternatives out there?

I give Comodo Forewall Pro a 9.8 vote out of 10! The other top firewall (but its not free) would vote a 9.9! Thats Agnitum Outpost.

Thats my humble opinion... and use a router with NAT and Firewall enabled - its rock solid protection

+1. Best of the freebies, good stuff.

very very thorough - a bit intensive at the start , but as it "learns" it is less intrusive

picks up everything so far

Actually, I just remembered - there were some problems with the updating process. Two times it has updated itself and both times it "forgot" (or didn't maintain) whatever it had previously learnt, so it had to start again with the "learning" process which meant, initially, lots of pop-ups and slow running of programs while it learnt what they did.

But, apart from that, no probs... :o