I Want To Buy A Bbq

midasthailand

I have not been able to find anything other than a hibachi-type grill or the gas contraptions at www.bbqthai.com. I also want a BBQ, but the real thing, like a New Braunsfel.

I am to the point where I am going to take some online blueprints and give it to my machinists at the factory to make me one. If you find a decent selection of real BBQ's please let me know as well.

I am salivating now thinking of a nice smoked brisket or a rack or two of ribs!

Weber mostly makes grills. But they do have a few kettle BBQ's. I prefer an offset BBQ myself, but a kettle BBQ is better than nothing, and if you move the charcoal/wood pan up, it does make a real nice grill for steaks and burgers.

I like the offset better because it pretty much guarantees that you will only have indirect heat (which is the definition of BBQ). With a kettle BBQ, you can get too high a temperature is you are not careful, and depending on how good the shield is, you can have flare-ups.

Do you happen to know if True Value has the Weber BBQ's or only the grills?

• 1 year later...

Before you spend the money, be sure using the BBQ, with it's unavoidable smoke and smell, won't cause a bunch of problems with neighbors/condo assoc.

An apartment building where I used to live was very strict about cooking on balconies. They were ok with small gas bottle cooking rings but not BBQ's.

Edited by dddave

• 3 months later...

I'm looking at a BBQ at the moment as well,

I just went to The BBQ Store on soi 39 and I wasn't impressed with the markup. at least 6000 baht more here than in Aus.

The ones from quickfire in Udon Thani look the business all stainless steel with insulated lid and made in thai. Quick Fire

But they are a bit more than I wanted to pay, hmmmm the hard descisions.......

Might have to check out the range in Homepro