Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Order Of Siam - Warhammer Online

Wolfie

What type of server should we play?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, so we need to make a decision by Sunday (Mid-day) as to what server type we should roll the guild on, the other thread has started to address this, but for the sake of clarity i have created this poll for all players to participate in.

If you feel you want to explain your choice or table arguments for or against a particular ruleset, feel free to post in the thread.

Note: Please, if your not going to play this game and be part of the "Order of Siam" Thaivisa guild, please do not vote, feel free to post in the thread and speak your mind, but leave the poll for the players themselves - thanks! :o

Ok, so after a bit of logical thought and consideration my choice of server *has* to be Open Ruleset (full pvp)

My reasons for this are (and some of you wont like this)

The game is the same as every other MMO out there, the game itself is simplistic, the graphics are similar to World of Warcraft, the game play is similar to World of Warcraft, in fact i will go as far as to say this game is "World of Warcraft 2" - the same 'game' with a Warhammer 'skin' and history/content. I love the way that RvR/PvP is fully integrated into the game, encouraging you to get involved at early levels, the Battlegrounds (aka Scenarios) are fun, the Public Quest system is a pure stroke of genius. Crafting doesnt seem to have a major impact on the game, its almost feels as its an 'afterthought' instead of an integral part of the game. This game, whilst good and fun right now has nothing to hold interest past your first lvl40 character.

Therefore, i feel that an Open Ruleset (Full PvP) will be absolutely necessary to keep interest in the game for any length of time.

You know I have never actually played on a pvp server, and as I said before the reasons that I like core is that I do not want to be worrying about being ganked as Im leveling up.

However, I'm willing to try it out, after all if I don't enjoy it, I can always roll on another server.

Edited by quiksilva

To be honest, if this game goes the same direction as all the other MMO's ive played PvP servers, the ganking will be in the low level zones and most rife at the beginning of the games life. Give it a month and the ganking will die out. Also this game has more of a RvR focus, so those who are just looking to PvP will head to the scenarios more than ganking... this is just my thoughts.

I'm afraid I still have to put in a vote for the core server. I respectfully disagree that this game will be similar to wow. Wow was built form the ground up as a PvE game, with PvP a secondary priority. WAR is by far a RvR oriented game, on both types of servers, RvR is the end game content, period.

I am a big fan of, if I don't feel like pvp'ing, and I want to do some pve, or farm something for a profession, or farming for better equipment, i dont want to pvp.

I disagree that the wow pvp servers only gank at the lower level zones, I played on a wow pvp server for two years before switching to PvE, and I got incredbily tired of the ganking outside of Kara, SSC, TK, etc etc... it got very old very fast.

I still think that the core server in WAR will have something for everyone, the pve will be pain-free and you wont have to pvp if you don't want to.. the scenarios, and world RvR, which is the focus of the game, is there and very much more accessable than wow PvE servers where you could not fight anywhere out in the open world if it didn't have pvp objectives.

I just worry that, at least myself, will grow tired of the ganking like in wow, and will just move or re-roll on a core server in the end. So basically there is an escape for those that don't want all rvr all the time in core, and no escape for those people in open, in my opinion.

All this said, I will have to admit we have not played on an open ruleset server yet, so I could be blowing things out of proportion, but I have a hunch it will still have the ganking and corpse camping that plagued wow pvp.

-Jim (Keros)

I'm afraid I still have to put in a vote for the core server. I respectfully disagree that this game will be similar to wow. Wow was built form the ground up as a PvE game, with PvP a secondary priority. WAR is by far a RvR oriented game, on both types of servers, RvR is the end game content, period.

I am a big fan of, if I don't feel like pvp'ing, and I want to do some pve, or farm something for a profession, or farming for better equipment, i dont want to pvp.

I disagree that the wow pvp servers only gank at the lower level zones, I played on a wow pvp server for two years before switching to PvE, and I got incredbily tired of the ganking outside of Kara, SSC, TK, etc etc... it got very old very fast.

I still think that the core server in WAR will have something for everyone, the pve will be pain-free and you wont have to pvp if you don't want to.. the scenarios, and world RvR, which is the focus of the game, is there and very much more accessable than wow PvE servers where you could not fight anywhere out in the open world if it didn't have pvp objectives.

I just worry that, at least myself, will grow tired of the ganking like in wow, and will just move or re-roll on a core server in the end. So basically there is an escape for those that don't want all rvr all the time in core, and no escape for those people in open, in my opinion.

All this said, I will have to admit we have not played on an open ruleset server yet, so I could be blowing things out of proportion, but I have a hunch it will still have the ganking and corpse camping that plagued wow pvp.

-Jim (Keros)

It wont be as bad as wow with the ganking since if someone from tier2 goes to tier 1 they will turn into a chicken. SO you wont see rank 25's ganking rank 5's. Also im interested in the pvp server since it just came out. Keeps things more interesting.

Edited by daones

Actually I think you can kill one tier down ie: tier 2 can kill tier 1 but tier 3 cannot kill tier 1. I voted open but if we go core I wont be too upset.... I dont think. I dont like being killed by someone higher level, I think theres no honour in that and wonder what freaking 12 year old punk ass is attacking me but the truth is.... Ive gotten used to it and think about playing without the added threat and wonder how fast the game will get boring with too many safe areas.

Actually I think you can kill one tier down ie: tier 2 can kill tier 1 but tier 3 cannot kill tier 1. I voted open but if we go core I wont be too upset.... I dont think. I dont like being killed by someone higher level, I think theres no honour in that and wonder what freaking 12 year old punk ass is attacking me but the truth is.... Ive gotten used to it and think about playing without the added threat and wonder how fast the game will get boring with too many safe areas.

oh really, thanks for clarifying that i wasnt aware. But shouldnt matter much anyway once people get leveled up. I think I may have my friend in the states buy the preorder from d2d so i can start playing early. By the way does anyone know if the preorder package off offgamer.net has the CE headstart on standard headstart?

Not sure quicksilva, it was usually 8 - 9am eastern US time. I'm all for open but I see the problem that it might get hard to find battles. I play at weird times (sometimes 3AM or whenever) so I'm happy to find always some open RvR going on in the Empire vs Chaos Zone. This could become a problem on Open RvR servers. If I can login later tonight (yesterday I could at 2 AM), I might roll a toon on the new Open RvR server to see how it impacts the game.

I voted don't mind but will make up my mind later this week. I will also keep an eye on the server forum for the new open server to see what people think about it.

Edited by freitag1

I'm not really concerned about ganking as we will always be able to call some "big guys" if we level an alt. Because most of us are in the headstart and it seems also want to play on a regular basis we should be ok. Lots of things about the open ruleset are still unclear though. It would be great for example to attack their warcamps but I doubt that Mythic will implement many extras for people who want to run on Open (for example battlefield objectives in warcamps).

BTW Wolfie, to address some of your concerns. The RvR zones grow in each Tier so in Tier 4 for you will have just 35% of PvE zone and the rest is RvR.

There are also several dungeons / instances, multiple battlegrounds (I think 18 are in at the launch) and the city siege. From what I know there is lots of stuff to do and personally as I have a strong FPS background I hope that I can just login with my lvl 40 and go and fight a bit similar to a good map in a FPS that doesn't get boring too (because new enemies bring new challenges).

I'm, also a keen FPS player in fact I play more FPS type games than anything else. I suppose thats why I enjoy PvP, I do, but I like to do it on my terms.

Slightly different topic for the collectors edition people, does anyone know how & when we will get our boxes?

Lol it just so happened that I went there after making my previous post :D They said that the 25th was a good bet. I wanted the CE, but that's juuuust slightly out of my price range :o

I'm down! Any ideas on what server you're all hopping on? I have some friends going to Darklands and Ironclaw.

If youve got friends going to darklands AND Ironclaw... well convince them to all go on the same sever, as we all will, it would be very cool if we could all join the same guild and work together for raids and wars.

We should decide today what server we are all supposed to go on before head start tomorrow!

Edited by Sabum

I went to I27 today ad they have plenty of CE preorders still but the price is about 3,900 now. In my opinion, way too much for the extra gear and headstart. I'll just have to get a key online or wait until I can get my hands on a box.

Edited by Gluestick

I paid 3600, its only a 300 baht increase. Its not just extra in game items and head start, it does come with a 4kg box of pretty nifty stuff (2 hard cover graphic novels and a bunch of other things Im actually looking forward to seeing)

medium_2364192940_9fedf65c92_o.jpg

So DARKLANDS, or the open server. Now that I see open is going to be the minority of servers Im not so interested in open. Doesnt matter to me since there is alot of pvp already.

Edited by Sabum