Order Of Siam - Warhammer Online

Wolfie

What type of server should we play?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lets meet in vent tomorrow evening around 8. So real quick again that we get an overview

WHO ROLLS WHAT?

me: Bright Wizard / alt: White Lion

gf: Archmage

OPEN VS CORE

I thought a bit more and read some opinions on the Open vs Core rule sets and I personally want to go to a Core server now because the Open server come with lots of problems (the rule set is sh!t). Here are a couple of reasons.

- In higher level Tiers you often have competing Public Quests, that means you compete in the first stage vs Destro. This can be fun but if you do this on an open server without a group and Destro have more people in the area this PQ is a no go for you. Same with other PQs. Right now you get the best gear from PQs so if people camp them you will have a hard time getting top gear. The problem is that we will probably have a population imbalance towards the destruction side, so even if we play at non peak times in the evening we or if nobody else is online you will be outnumbered by enemies. That limits what you can do and I don't want that.

- Slow leveling of Alts. After the first bunch of people have leveled up, the Tier 1 scenarios will be dominated by Tier 2 players, the Tier 2 scenarios by Tier 3... This really kills the fun and because you die so quick (they can 2 shot you) you wont get decent XP from scenarios (scenarios are the quickest way to lvl right now). Same problem with PQs and groups of higher lvl players who can easily screw you over and you can't even get your main and kill them because if you are Tier 1 or Tier 2 they will be chickenized anyway. So you can't even call the "big guys" unless you are lucky and know someone who is at the right level right now.

- Decentralized battles. I'm happy to find some action going on at midnight because it is confined to the RvR zones. If I would always play at peak hours (3 hour time difference to Australia so 6pm to 9pm) I wouldn't mind but servers get quite empty after 10 - 11 pm and it can already become a problem finding a fight.

- Darklands is a balanced server and most people stay what I have heard. We are fortunate to have a server that seems not to be completely controlled by Destro and many good Order guilds stay on Darklands. It will be also without a doubt the server with most experienced players because of the beta and the highest population (at least in the beginning).

- If you know the history of DAoC you know that Mythic didn't care about the Open PvP servers and the ruleset and this seems to be the same with WAR. They came up with a flawed ruleset at the last minute (instead of debolstering people to make the game more interesting on Open RvR servers they just allow lvl 20s to fight lvl 5 players) and they probably will not push the development for the Open RvR servers and just update it with the same Core content like they did in DAoC. Open RvR could be so cool but it is true that the game is designed for Core and unless they come up with decent Open Server rules many problems like mentioned above can kill some of the fun and heavily limit your freedom.

To sum this up Core server will allow you to level alts faster, get better gear easier and are of course more solo friendly. You can help low levels and visit all Tiers in case you want to level a crafting professions for example you are screwed on Open servers right now if you start in Tier 3 or later (can't go back to Tier 1). I played so much this week and I realized I don't actually need PvP everywhere because it is already such a big part of the game and I enjoy having the freedom of choice instead of being limited in my activities because a group of Destro decides to camp some PQs that I need to get my influence rewards.

Ya Im for Core, can I change my vote? heh

I just got lv 8 with Bright Wizard... that cinched it, got my 2 dots now AND and AE nuke... well it doesnt get better than that, was nuking groups of 5 Destros for 300 per person at lv 8. Thats 1500 damage in one shot.

Well I will be playing a BW too, the SM just wasn't man enough for the job at low levels and the dwarf thing doesn't appeal, so sorry it wont be me saving the day.

I will roll an SM as an alt, they are good in PvE and just in case they get some attention from Mythic, but frankly it would be best if we get an Ozzie based main tank who can actually mix it up in melee RvR and not worry about laaag, which is why I suspect I did so poorly, besides I don't want to wait until I'm level 20 to enjoy RvR

As for servers my preference has always been core.

Edited by quiksilva

FYI from European Herald

If you own a Collector’s Edition Pre-Order you will be able to enter your head start code on Sunday at 1:00am CET. Also, you will be able to register your bonus items at that time. The head start for the owners of a Collector’s Edition Pre-Order will begin on Sunday afternoon.

If you own a Standard Edition Pre-Order you will be able to enter your head start code and your bonus item code on Monday at 9:00am CET. You will be able to log into the game and play as soon as your code has been validated.

Those of you who played the open beta will be able to use the same client for the head start. If you haven’t played WAR yet, make sure to download the client be ready for the game.

To be part of the head start you need an active account on our webpage www.war-europe.com. If you already have one, make sure that you know your login and password and then all you have to do is wait until you can enter the head start code.

If you don’t have an account yet, now is the time to create a new account. Even if you don’t have a head start code, you will need this account for release on September 18th.

This is going to be an interesting time for all of us. WAR is finally coming and the battles for the Warhammer world will begin.

See you on the battlefield!

I hope this doesn't mean if we have already entered these codes that we will have a problem (?)

Central European Time CET is 5 hours behind us, so that means we can enter the codes from 6am tomorrow morning, so this will likely mean that we will not be able to get in until tomorrow night

Edited by quiksilva

Quicksilva, no we are fine. This is just how GOA handles it and not Mythic. Just make sure you have put all your codes in the Mythic account and you will be fine. The server are up Sunday morning US, that's afternoon in Europe and evening here. I think 8 or 9 in the evening.

I registered order-of-siam.com today and will set up our forum there tomorrow morning. I will post some useful hints and we can talk about more guild details on the site.

Cool let me know if you need help on graphics and such, I quite enjoy doing that sort of thing.

Plus

Originally we were due to play as follows:-

Collector's Edition pre-order customers will be granted Head Start access on September 14th at 9pm local Sydney time. (i.e. 6pm BKK time) Characters created in the Head Start program will carry over when the servers officially go live on the Day of Reckoning - September 18th.

But that's all changed now:-

WAAAGH!!!

Things have shifted a bit but in the end you get more WAR!

Early tomorrow morning, Open Beta will end as we shut down all servers and prepare for the coming of the Collector's Edition Head Start.

We encourage you to take this time to sleep, eat, say hello to your friends and family, feed the pets, etc. and get ready for launch as the CE Head Start kicks off tomorrow (Sunday 9/14) @ 1PM EDT!

Tomorrow afternoon the Age of Reckoning will arrive, will you be ready?

We will see you all on the battlefield very soon...to WAR!

So it looks like we will not be playing until 1am on Monday morning. Frankly I won't be on at that time, although I might just roll my characters to reserve their names but that's about it.

Edited by quiksilva

Yeah, shame that... i was hoping to get a few hours in tonight - i think i will get up early tomorrow morning and roll my chars so i have the names reserved :o

Dont forget there is very likely to be a BIG patch to get the beta clients upto the retail release.

Ok, so lets bring the poll to a close...

We have 3 votes for CORE and 5 votes for OPEN, with 3 votes of Dont Mind.

However, we have a couple of people who say after some thought and research they would have voted CORE instead of OPEN, so is it safe to assume that if a new poll was created today the focus would shift to CORE? (For the record, i think i would probably say CORE after reading all the feedback)

As we have all of today to decide, lets give everyone a chance to re-vote by simply posting on this thread with either CORE or OPEN, i will then count everything up around 8pm tonight... how does that sound?

My new vote would go for: CORE :o

Ok, so lets bring the poll to a close...

We have 3 votes for CORE and 5 votes for OPEN, with 3 votes of Dont Mind.

However, we have a couple of people who say after some thought and research they would have voted CORE instead of OPEN, so is it safe to assume that if a new poll was created today the focus would shift to CORE? (For the record, i think i would probably say CORE after reading all the feedback)

As we have all of today to decide, lets give everyone a chance to re-vote by simply posting on this thread with either CORE or OPEN, i will then count everything up around 8pm tonight... how does that sound?

My new vote would go for: CORE :o

Core - Darklands

Alright guys head over to our Guild forum on http://order-of-siam.com, sign up and post in the General Discussion thread that I can set your status to Guild member. There are also some threads in the Members Only section that you can fill with posts to waste some time before WAR goes live around midnight.

Edited by freitag1

Alright guys head over to our Guild forum on http://order-of-siam.com, sign up and post in the General Discussion thread that I can set your status to Guild member. There are also some threads in the Members Only section that you can fill with posts to waste some time before WAR goes live around midnight.

Ok Just registered on order of siam

Just not had the time to DL anything yet

I hope MBK get's the CE soon as I'll be in KL all next week and not back till late on 26th

MBK gameshop called me last night and they will have their copies this week

They offered to contact their Singapore supplier and open the game box to get the original serial # (headstart needs original serial from tomorrow) to me

Been to busy to get into beta and head start so I just asked them to hold onto my CE until next weekend