Us Social Security Benefits For Thai National?

donx

[ACS = American Citizen Service in US embassy, work hours is 9-11 am and 1-3 pm. ( if im still remember) that where social security administration is but only can give you some information and all the applications then you have to send to SSA in Manila.

Yes my son have social security number (SSN) before my husband die and he have US passport a month after he was born.

Your wife need to apply for SSN. But that Khun Sophaphan will give you all the applications.

Thank you again for this information.

By the way, this situation doesn't involve my wife. My wife is a Thai/US citizen living with me in the US. My questions are for our friend and the second wife of her ex husband who just passed away. Our friend is also a Thai/US citizen living in the US, but the second wife and her child are only Thai citizens living in Thailand and they have never lived in the US. It's a complicated situation so I understand why you would think I'm talking about my wife.

Hmm sorry for misunderstanding..ok..I only suggest you should go to US embassy and see what documents they need to apply for your friend's son.

[ACS = American Citizen Service in US embassy, work hours is 9-11 am and 1-3 pm. ( if im still remember) that where social security administration is but only can give you some information and all the applications then you have to send to SSA in Manila.

Yes my son have social security number (SSN) before my husband die and he have US passport a month after he was born.

Your wife need to apply for SSN. But that Khun Sophaphan will give you all the applications.

Thank you again for this information.

By the way, this situation doesn't involve my wife. My wife is a Thai/US citizen living with me in the US. My questions are for our friend and the second wife of her ex husband who just passed away. Our friend is also a Thai/US citizen living in the US, but the second wife and her child are only Thai citizens living in Thailand and they have never lived in the US. It's a complicated situation so I understand why you would think I'm talking about my wife.

Hmm sorry for misunderstanding..ok..I only suggest you should go to US embassy and see what documents they need to apply for your friend's son.

Again, think i didnt read propally from early post..

Nothing to do with SSA in BKK nor Manila...they are in US right..I dont know if any help from my post.

But good luck for your friend's child.

Nothing to do with SSA in BKK nor Manila...they are in US right..I dont know if any help from my post.

Actually, the second wife and the 6 year old boy are living in Thailand, so your information has been very helpful to me and my friend. It is my friend who is living in the US. After she was divorced, her ex husband returned to Thailand. Then some years later he married the second wife and had a son all while remaining in Thailand.

It's OK if you don't fully understand the situation. Please know that you have definitely provided some most useful information. The second wife will need to contact the US embassy in BKK, so I will pass on the contact information you provided in your first post.

Actually, the second wife and the 6 year old boy are living in Thailand, so your information has been very helpful to me and my friend. It is my friend who is living in the US. After she was divorced, her ex husband returned to Thailand. Then some years later he married the second wife and had a son all while remaining in Thailand.

It's OK if you don't fully understand the situation. Please know that you have definitely provided some most useful information. The second wife will need to contact the US embassy in BKK, so I will pass on the contact information you provided in your first post.

Glad to know i can help something.

Good luck