How To Renew Road Permit?

sunny747

Hi ,

my car is 15 years old and in April 08, i changed the ownership under my name. During the changing name, they checked my car.

Now my road permit (sticker on the windshield) showing it will end in October.

how do i register it? do i have to go to mochit again? i have LPG certificate from the shop as well.

how much do i need to renew?

by the way, i don't have insurance . it expired. is it going to be a problem? while changing ownership i haven't had insurance as well.

please help .

thanks.

Edited by sunny747

I actually feel quite sorry for you, Sunny, owning a car seems to be a constant form of angst. There's people who can probably advise you better but just take your log book (blue or green, hopefully you have one) to your nearest transport department with a photocopy of everything and do as they say. Check the pinned threads at the top of the motoring section.

Don't have a log book? Then go see a lawyer. Really shouldn't be driving without insurance. There will be an insurance place at the transport office

I actually feel quite sorry for you, Sunny, owning a car seems to be a constant form of angst. There's people who can probably advise you better but just take your log book (blue or green, hopefully you have one) to your nearest transport department with a photocopy of everything and do as they say. Check the pinned threads at the top of the motoring section.

Don't have a log book? Then go see a lawyer. Really shouldn't be driving without insurance. There will be an insurance place at the transport office

i had an insurance (from the previous owner) but it expired which i can see on the window. I couldn't renew it coz i don't speak the language and i don't know where to pay. I work here hence i have work permit and they also provided me some insurance card which is also in Thai. It should cover at least something.

yes i have blue book under my name and lpg certificate from the shop.

anyway, thanks goldfish. I'll check the pinned threads.

Edited by sunny747

When you renew your car tax (compulsory) you will also be asked for the tear of slip from your insurers which show you have at the minimum the Government Insurance this is not optional it is law. I cant believe anyone would drive here without insurance (except the locals of course) If you have an accident it will be your fault and you will have to pay!

i didn't buy from tent. I bought it from a guy who i don't know very well. I don't want to disturb him regarding this matter obviously.

Anyway, i heard there are some companie's who does the work for you. is that true?

i'm not comfortable providing my blue book to anybody unknown.

since nobody could give me proper advice like always, i better take a off from work and go to Mochit and figure out myself. I'll post my experience for other members like me.

I think most car dealers would do this for you for a fee, would save you a lot of time.

The dealer I bought from does it for me. Many motor cycle dealers do the MC tax/insurance for anyone, not sure if they handle car tax/insurance as well.

i really want to pay for the insurance but i just bought my car in april and didn't have much time to explore. i have 9 to 5 job and i don't have time.

I'm Stunned !

Do you have time to put fuel in the car ?

Do you have time to read and post messages on internet forums ?

Do you have an answer for the policeman that asks you for your insurance details when an accident occurs that you had no way or preventing - guess why they are called accidents?

Hope your 9-5 pays well - you might need some money, large boxes of it.

There are insurance places that are open after 5pm and online as you can see above and with a few web searches.

April, May, June.... mid-September, "...didn't have much time ..." !

My dog (the stupid one) could think of a better excuse.

i really want to pay for the insurance but i just bought my car in april and didn't have much time to explore. i have 9 to 5 job and i don't have time.

I'm Stunned !

Do you have time to put fuel in the car ?

Do you have time to read and post messages on internet forums ?

Do you have an answer for the policeman that asks you for your insurance details when an accident occurs that you had no way or preventing - guess why they are called accidents?

Hope your 9-5 pays well - you might need some money, large boxes of it.

There are insurance places that are open after 5pm and online as you can see above and with a few web searches.

April, May, June.... mid-September, "...didn't have much time ..." !

My dog (the stupid one) could think of a better excuse.

ok Dad, i'll be more careful next time. :o

There are some members in this forum who's job is to dig nonsense issue's than to provide quality inputs. I'm in problem and i need help that's the reason why i'm in this forum. Yes i know it is my mistake but i still have 2 weeks in hand to finish all these works and i need to know where to do .

Nobody actually told me what really should be done instead telling me why didn't i do this bla bla.

Edited by sunny747