September 10th Immigration Meeting?

I recall a post mentioining that on September 10th there would be the annual Immigration meeting for new provisions and ammendments to the existing laws. Was there ever this meeting or not?

Just curious.

Uncletom

Yes , The meeting was held. You can read a report in the Changmai Forum. :o

I recall a post mentioining that on September 10th there would be the annual Immigration meeting for new provisions and ammendments to the existing laws. Was there ever this meeting or not?

Just curious.

Uncletom

The forum seems to be under renovation. Could someone give me a basic rundown on the general outcome of it?

Just curious.

Uncletom

The forum seems to be under renovation. Could someone give me a basic rundown on the general outcome of it?

I've just read it. Its working fine.

No new news, but helpful for those living in Chiang Mai. A shame other offices do not do this.

I couldn't get it open from where I am for some dam_n reason.. But what I did read when saw and opened a bottom linked post on this .com site was that a poster had given a basic ragid rundown of the actual meeting with photos to boot. Two interesting parts crossed my attention. One was in relation to being married and mentioned that it was 400k in the bank married to a Thai to get the visa. This is a change.

The next was number 12 that I decided to copy and paste which is sort of contradictive but does remention and changes status for the visas for supporting a child, instead of only over 50 and living with a child. Anybody know about both of these changes?

12. The law provides for other justifiable reasons for having a visa, such as supporting a child and needing to stay in-country to follow through some court procedure (two examples given at the meeting). Without looking, I believe these are listed in the October 2006 police order. I would strongly suggest that you contact immigration regarding your specific circumstances

One was in relation to being married and mentioned that it was 400k in the bank married to a Thai to get the visa. This is a change.

I think the poster got this back to front in his effort to report while suffering from lack of sleep.

There is no change for new applicants since October 2006.

All the rules are here in the 2006 Police Order.

Edited by Lite Beer