Urgent For Swedish Citizens

The embassy of Thailand in Stockholm,Sweden will from. october 1 not process visa for Thailand by registrated postmail and as far as I know the few ways to apply for visa to Thailand is a visit in person at the embassy or by some relative that can visit the embassy.

I been always send my visa apply to the embassy and get it back in less than a week but from this year the process time will take about 4 weeks but to apply in person at the emabassy only take ONE day.

Its very difficult to get a reasonable answer from the staff there and just wonder if there is same rules in other countries too?

The embassy of Thailand in Stockholm,Sweden will from. october 1 not process visa for Thailand by registrated postmail and as far as I know the few ways to apply for visa to Thailand is a visit in person at the embassy or by some relative that can visit the embassy.

I been always send my visa apply to the embassy and get it back in less than a week but from this year the process time will take about 4 weeks but to apply in person at the emabassy only take ONE day.

Its very difficult to get a reasonable answer from the staff there and just wonder if there is same rules in other countries too?

Thanks for the update, but any decision of how each Embassy/Consulate handles their business is based on the Consul in charge

Thanks for the update, but any decision of how each Embassy/Consulate handles their business is based on the Consul in charge

As far as I know no other Thaiembassies in other countries this far that change their way of visa process handle.

The Thai Embassy in Stockholm use to change some details in their issues and requirments,, some years ago you couldnt get a tourist double entry visa but since 2 years you can get a double and to get a NON-O you have to be at least 55 years and have a pension at least 55.000 after tax payment but if you older than 60 years you only need a pension for 20.000 per month after tax.

see more information at www.thaiembassy.se