House Purchaces In Pattaya

Hi, I'm thinking of buying a house off soi siam country club,in the royal prestige village.Does anyone know anything about this village or the area?is the public transport on soi country club?is it easy to get into town?any information would be good.

thanks Davylad

Hi,

Yes, it's a beautiful place, but so far from everything ! Where do you live for now ? Do you know well Pattaya ?

It appears that many people buy in Pattaya east because they trust agencies that have interest to sell this place where there are so many houses for sale, and then big benefice for them.

In the East, the prices are really too high for this location, and it will be very difficult to resell if you need one day. Pattaya is a seaside city and the sea is very far from Siam Country Club !

For now, I think it's really better to buy between beach road and Sukhumwit road. And easy too, because agencies don't work there.

Hi Geroc,

You say that royalprestige is a lovely place,but then everything else is negative?It's only 4 miles from walking street,this doesn't sound very far to me,all agencies have an interest in selling thats there job,properties like this would be 3 times the price on the beach side,but I've also heard bad things about living on the beachside,suksabai villas being the crime capital of thailand for instance,

Got to be a tie between Suksabai villas and Pratumnak hill for that title!

555 ! You're so funny ! I suppose you've bought a house in East Pattaya ! That's great. Living in a seaside city and buy the farthest it's possible from the sea ! For farangs, fuel is not expensive in Thailand, but driving 12/15 km for shopping is a bit mad.

Just truy to rent out your house. You'll see easily how cheap will be the price.

Agencies like to work in the East. Around 1000 houses are for sale. It's easy to influence customers. People who buy there are new ones in Pattaya and they listen crazy argument as security, or quietness, imaging that in Pattaya, killers work, cars drive and dogs bark only between the beach and Sukhumwit ! But I've to admit cheaper prices.

I've often helped friends for finding a house or a condo in Pattaya. First rent and discover for 3 months or more. Then you'll be able to choose the place you'll buy. And if you can't expend big money, you can go to the east, but not too far. When real estate market will slack up, east pattaya prices will break down.

Hi, I'm thinking of buying a house off soi siam country club,in the royal prestige village.Does anyone know anything about this village or the area?is the public transport on soi country club?is it easy to get into town?any information would be good.

thanks Davylad

Hi,

Yes, it's a beautiful place, but so far from everything ! Where do you live for now ? Do you know well Pattaya ?

It appears that many people buy in Pattaya east because they trust agencies that have interest to sell this place where there are so many houses for sale, and then big benefice for them.

In the East, the prices are really too high for this location, and it will be very difficult to resell if you need one day. Pattaya is a seaside city and the sea is very far from Siam Country Club !

For now, I think it's really better to buy between beach road and Sukhumwit road. And easy too, because agencies don't work there.

Hi Geroc,

You say that royalprestige is a lovely place,but then everything else is negative?It's only 4 miles from walking street,this doesn't sound very far to me,all agencies have an interest in selling thats there job,properties like this would be 3 times the price on the beach side,but I've also heard bad things about living on the beachside,suksabai villas being the crime capital of thailand for instance,

555 ! You're so funny ! I suppose you've bought a house in East Pattaya ! That's great. Living in a seaside city and buy the farthest it's possible from the sea ! For farangs, fuel is not expensive in Thailand, but driving 12/15 km for shopping is a bit mad.

Just truy to rent out your house. You'll see easily how cheap will be the price.

Agencies like to work in the East. Around 1000 houses are for sale. It's easy to influence customers. People who buy there are new ones in Pattaya and they listen crazy argument as security, or quietness, imaging that in Pattaya, killers work, cars drive and dogs bark only between the beach and Sukhumwit ! But I've to admit cheaper prices.

I've often helped friends for finding a house or a condo in Pattaya. First rent and discover for 3 months or more. Then you'll be able to choose the place you'll buy. And if you can't expend big money, you can go to the east, but not too far. When real estate market will slack up, east pattaya prices will break down.

I am afraid you are way wrong there Geroc, people who buy in the east are the ones who have stayed in the city and cannot take anymore of the traffic, pollution, street hustlers and petty crime, violent crime, scammers, to name but a few reasons!

Far better value for money on the east side than some of the daylight robbery prices being quoted for a postage stamp size plot in the city!

East side is LIVING - City side is simply SURVIVING !

You are somewhat back to front with your reasoning Geroc

thanks Davylad

Hi,

Hi Geroc,

I am afraid you are way wrong there Geroc, people who buy in the east are the ones who have stayed in the city and cannot take anymore of the traffic, pollution, street hustlers and petty crime, violent crime, scammers, to name but a few reasons!

Far better value for money on the east side than some of the daylight robbery prices being quoted for a postage stamp size plot in the city!

Whatever you say ,it's convenience vs value for money,and from what I've read I'd take the convenience of the beachside in Jomtien,which is very quiet compared to central pattaya.but less value for money.

thanks Davylad

Hi,

Hi Geroc,

Whatever you say ,it's convenience vs value for money,and from what I've read I'd take the convenience of the beachside in Jomtien,which is very quiet compared to central pattaya.but less value for money.

Right !

thanks Davylad

Hi,

Hi Geroc,

???????????? Have you ever been in Pattaya or do you only read gossip daily newspaper ? No ? So surely you want to sell your house in east for long time ! Maybe you're a real estate seller ?

Seriously, if you're a real resident of east Pattaya, come and visit Jomtien, between beach and Sukhumwit. 500 from the sea, 300 m to Sukhumwit, many shops everywhere, supermarkets at 5 minutes. And a so quiet and safe place.

Birds awake me in the morning, then I go to ride my bicycle along the beach, watching the little fisher boats coming back... Wonderful !

The best place in Pattaya.

thanks Davylad

Hi,

Hi Geroc,

???????????? Have you ever been in Pattaya or do you only read gossip daily newspaper ? No ? So surely you want to sell your house in east for long time ! Maybe you're a real estate seller ?

Seriously, if you're a real resident of east Pattaya, come and visit Jomtien, between beach and Sukhumwit. 500 from the sea, 300 m to Sukhumwit, many shops everywhere, supermarkets at 5 minutes. And a so quiet and safe place.

Birds awake me in the morning, then I go to ride my bicycle along the beach, watching the little fisher boats coming back... Wonderful !

The best place in Pattaya.

I have lived here 7 years now Geroc, maybe when you have been here as long as me you will begin to realise the difference, for now , enjoy your serenity! :o

buy a house in Pattaya ? no way rent rent rent

Hi, the problem with renting is it's very expensive,and I'd be renting for half the year when I'm not there.you can buy a house for 6 million baht,to rent it for 30 yrs would cost 20 m baht,but I just don't like the idea of renting,just goes against the grain chucking money out of the window.

20mill over 30 years ,my god what are you intending to rent? a 6 mill house can be rented for about 30k a month ,put your 6 mill into a savings account ,even at 5% ,well you do the math ,rent boy rent. then if your wife and you split or you want to move no problems .

Hi, the problem with renting is it's very expensive,and I'd be renting for half the year when I'm not there.you can buy a house for 6 million baht,to rent it for 30 yrs would cost 20 m baht,but I just don't like the idea of renting,just goes against the grain chucking money out of the window.

20mill over 30 years ,my god what are you intending to rent? a 6 mill house can be rented for about 30k a month ,put your 6 mill into a savings account ,even at 5% ,well you do the math ,rent boy rent. then if your wife and you split or you want to move no problems .

I haven't seen any houses with pools on the beachside advertised for 30k a month?can you give me some places to look at?but even thats 10 mill over 30 yrs

I haven't seen any houses with pools on the beachside advertised for 30k a month?can you give me some places to look at?but even thats 10 mill over 30 yrs

sorry i didnt mean beachside,but then where can you buy a house beach side for 6 mill,closer to 15 .by the way 30k over 30 years years is only 10.8 mill if you put that money eg 6 mill into even a savings account paying 5% gives you a good return ,and a thai built house(would you want to stay the same place for 30years?) would be in a sorry state. plus your chances of selling if you want to move are very low.

ps we live in a very large detached house just of sukhumvit ,all mod cons on an estate 28k a month ,look around agents ask high rents ,phone direct to the owner. its easy when you know how .despite what people say most renters are desperate to rent their houses ,there is a glut of farang style houses thais here generally buy in the 1/3 mill range.

ime not being negative ,only trying to help ,we were all in the same boat once,best of luck.

sorry i didnt mean beachside,but then where can you buy a house beach side for 6 mill,closer to 15 .by the way 30k over 30 years years is only 10.8 mill if you put that money eg 6 mill into even a savings account paying 5% gives you a good return ,and a thai built house(would you want to stay the same place for 30years?) would be in a sorry state. plus your chances of selling if you want to move are very low.

ps we live in a very large detached house just of sukhumvit ,all mod cons on an estate 28k a month ,look around agents ask high rents ,phone direct to the owner. its easy when you know how .despite what people say most renters are desperate to rent their houses ,there is a glut of farang style houses thais here generally buy in the 1/3 mill range.

ime not being negative ,only trying to help ,we were all in the same boat once,best of luck.

Correct 100% about renting. Friend of mine found out who owned a house he was after, agent wanted 24k/month. He found the owner and offered 15k/m. Was immediately accepted as they had it empty over 2 years(from new) and were looking for some kind of return

Hi,I'm more confused now than when I posted my question,but it's been very interesting anyway,I think the best thing to do is rent somewhere first and see if you like it before buying,but If I'm going to rent I'd like to be beachside but all the rents 60k upwards,I see that taksin's brother is the new prime minister so he could make a difference to the buying by company situation(if he has the same views as his brother)

of course not. because for 30k rent you get in Pattaya either a shack or a moderate house without pool in a shitty area.

of course not. because for 30k rent you get in Pattaya either a shack or a moderate house without pool in a shitty area.

you get a shack or live in a shitty area? what a load of b-llocks i neither live in a shack or live in a shitty area ,but in a beutifull detached house on a gated estate close to town ,complete with all mod cons ,i must admit we do not have a pool as it was one of the things we definatly did not want ,especially as the club house has a large one if anybody ever bothered to use it ,in fact of all the pools near us only one ever seems to have anyone in it and she is about 2 years old with her nanny.

so if you want to talk b-llocks please know what you are talking about before starting.

you get a shack or live in a shitty area? what a load of b-llocks i neither live in a shack or live in a shitty area ,but in a beutifull detached house on a gated estate close to town ,complete with all mod cons ,i must admit we do not have a pool as it was one of the things we definatly did not want ,especially as the club house has a large one if anybody ever bothered to use it ,in fact of all the pools near us only one ever seems to have anyone in it and she is about 2 years old with her nanny.

so if you want to talk b-llocks please know what you are talking about before starting.

i know exactly what i am talking about and i admit that you might have been lucky to find a rather low rental. talking about your <deleted>... the adjectives "big, beautiful, detached, gated estate, close to town" mean nothing because they are not specific at all.

-some people who move up from a 100m² flat to a 200m² house might perhaps think that this house is "big", others might consider it claustrophobic tiny.

-"beautiful" is a subjective expression as one man's junk is the other man's treasure.

-i have seen over the years dozens of "gated estates" in Pattaya where the gate is never closed, a gateman does not exist and anybody (including the burglars) can move freely in and out 24 hours a day.

-"close to town"? how long is a piece of string?

:o

I don't think I'll ever get tired of stting by my pool with a few asian beauties?

I take it Beverley is your daughhter :o

RAZZ

no the daughter of somebody I met in the philippines .her mother took the photo before trying to steal my credit cards,she also stole £200 off me,I learn't not to trust anyone that day.the receptionist in the hotel let her open my safety box(some security)luckily she was an amateur but very convincing liar.

ya all the properties I've seen with pools on the beachside are 60,000 plus

which I can't afford as it eats into my capital and I only have small income

Correct 100% about renting. Friend of mine found out who owned a house he was after, agent wanted 24k/month. He found the owner and offered 15k/m. Was immediately accepted as they had it empty over 2 years(from new) and were looking for some kind of return

Yeah sure..... like they would have told him it was empty for 2 years and were looking for SOME kind of return. Is that something a landlord would say? :o

Hi,yes you're right about the pools,the vast majority of people never use them,or only for the first couple of days of their holiday,but I'm the exception I use the pool everyday.

Hi,yes you're right about the pools,the vast majority of people never use them,or only for the first couple of days of their holiday,but I'm the exception I use the pool everyday.

exception? not a single day passes that i do not use our pool at least THREE times a day. i even swim some lengths (most of the time). sometimes 1½ and sometimes two full lengths!

as to swimming pools i wouldnt use one if it was olympic sized ,no interest whatsoever. as to paying 28k a month when we moved to Pattaya 3 years ago i must have looked at 40/ houses many in the 60k region one on particular was 55k ,i offered 30k was told 32k was the bottom line ,i refused and said 30k was the limit i would pay ,we were refused ,three years later it is still empty ,shame it was a lovely 4 bed 3 rec house on a very well looked after estate .the house we now live in was advertised at 50k ,we paid 30k for a year ,then rent was reduced to 28k on signing for another 2 years ,i will be signing again soon and our thai landlady is having the kitchen extended for us ,you only have to be sensible and know what you are doing to get what you want .

ps our guard never sleeps ,the police captain who lives next door to us makes sure of that.

Edited by thaimate

Pattaya is a pathetic place for fat people to get laid. Stay away! (unless ur a fatty)

you should come to the uk most of the women are really fat,

i think he was refering to fat males although he wrote people!!!

im afraid everyone knows about the size of the women in uk haha hence thailand has a lot of male visitors from uk and europe/usa.

i sure like petite women and am not fat although have got fatter with all the eating out i do here compared to healthy cooking i did in uk.

if you check adventures previous posts on other topics you will see that he is a troll or complete <deleted>.....infact in one of his posts he said he was thinking of coming down to pattaya so maybe this superfit young lad has put on a bit of weight and considers himself a fatty now(considering he lives on the streets of bkk ,supposedly, i think he will still be slim for a long time yet) maybe his business picked up and he actually got a valid visa to stay here.

I think a problem with owning is that as there don't seem to be any zoning laws here, are there ? your idyllic dreamhome may one day

be close to an all night karaoke bar, boilermaker's shop or knacker yard, and if none of these, surrounded by the neighbours from hel_l.

Pattaya is a pathetic place for fat people to get laid. Stay away! (unless ur a fatty)

you should come to the uk most of the women are really fat,

i think he was refering to fat males although he wrote people!!!

im afraid everyone knows about the size of the women in uk haha hence thailand has a lot of male visitors from uk and europe/usa.

i sure like petite women and am not fat although have got fatter with all the eating out i do here compared to healthy cooking i did in uk.

if you check adventures previous posts on other topics you will see that he is a troll or complete <deleted>.....infact in one of his posts he said he was thinking of coming down to pattaya so maybe this superfit young lad has put on a bit of weight and considers himself a fatty now(considering he lives on the streets of bkk ,supposedly, i think he will still be slim for a long time yet) maybe his business picked up and he actually got a valid visa to stay here.

Hi.I have noticed a lot of "bar girls belly" in pattaya,caused I assume by sitting around all day drinking soft drinks?on my trips to Thailand and Philippines I'm never very hungry, due to the heat and I always go home slimmer.

• 2 weeks later...
hi , is there anybody can give some info about bang sare place secure or not etc.. next month move to there with family your advices will helpfull thanks

yes i think bang saray is pretty safe generally and a lot quieter than pattaya. it also has a nicer and quieter beach and some nice seafood restaurants too.are you moving here permanently? if you dont know the place then how did you pick it?

if you want more advice then i would post new topic question in general questions or maybe even pattaya forum