Registering A Business/getting The Work Permit

I'm sure this topic has been gone through over and over again but my search results get a bit confusing.

Could someone with expertise provide simple explanation/links on the process?

I want to register a company with a few Thai partners. What are the requirements? for registering and for my WP.

Currently I'm on a yearly non-imm student visa.

Thank you.

There are alot of factors that determine what is required. A degree may not be necessary, but it may depend on your position. Takes a certain amount of registered capital, number of Thai employees, salary of the foreignor, and that can change depending on where you apply.

There is some good general advice if you look at the websites of the legal firm's websites, also, at the top of this forum there are some useful links to

government sites. In the jobs/economy/business forum, there is a legal guide in the pinned topics at the top of the page, it's a bit dated, but the basics are the same.

Anyway, that may help to get the specific information you want.

Edited by beechguy

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for the all replys.

All I asked was a simple question, how to get a work permit before BBA..????

Shows some intelligent. No?

Just asked some help/advice.

You members seem to be too posh for it..

Let me rephrase it a simple question.

What is this forum for?

Without a degree and without working experience it will generally only be possible to get a work permit with as job description "general manager" of the company in which you are major share holder.

You are normally allowed to over see the general management of your own company!

On the company side, you'll need 2 million Baht registered capital per work permit issued.

According to the labor law, no Thai employees are required to allow a foreign employee to get a work permit, however several provincial labor departments do require you have Thai employees. If they do require it, the employees need to have paid taxes/social security for the 3 months previous to you applying for the WP.

You cannot get a work permit when holding an education visa.

You would have to apply for your work permit, get the paperwork that you applied and paid for the application, leave Thailand, get a non immigrant B visa, come back and then get the work permit issued.

You will not get a multiple entry visa at an Asian Embassy/consulate and you will not qualify for a 1 year extension based on employment unless the company you work for can show audited book keeping for the previous year showing a handsome turn over, AND you get at least 50,000 Baht salary (assuming you are European) AND the company has at least 4 Thai employees.

Which means that you are stuck doing a visa run every 90 days, and re-validate your WP every time to bring it into sync with your visa.

All I am asking is advice, not official legal counseling.

Is it nescessary to really have a bachellors degree for that?

It is if you intend to get a work permit to become a legitimate English teacher, its also advisable to be able to spell the name of the document you are asking about correctly.

There is also a novel high tech feature on this forum called search, try using it and you will find a vast number of detailed postings giving you very detailed information about the business process set... :o

Most certainly the members of TV are not too "posh" as you put it, but think the members who are in the know cant be bothered re-hashing the same information over and over...