Finding Card Left At Atm

Daffy D

I agree. I had an ATM card swallowed after only one attempt at SCB off Suk, across from Soi 8, although it was many years ago. The bank was closed but I got the card back the next day.

In the Uk they cannot do that, they would be obliged to send the card to the issuing bank.

I agree. I had an ATM card swallowed after only one attempt at SCB off Suk, across from Soi 8, although it was many years ago. The bank was closed but I got the card back the next day.

In the Uk they cannot do that, they would be obliged to send the card to the issuing bank.

I was talking about an incident with an ATM in BKK years ago (around 1990). At that time, some ATMs could be a bit quirky. Why? Who knows? They probably just get jammed sometimes. If I hadn't gone to the bank the next day, they might have sent my card to the issuing bank. As it was, I got there early, showed my ID, they retreived the card and returned it to me. Even now, they still have to retreive the cards first before they can send them off.

Also, some ATMs that were 'Out of Order' back then could take weeks before anyone would get around to fixing them.

As it was, I got there early, showed my ID, they retreived the card and returned it to me. Even now, they still have to retreive the cards first before they can send them off.

Agree, and you had a good result for your efforts - the UK banks don't have that discretion they HAVE to send them on to the issuing bank.

thai society does not reward honesty and goodwill.
Not sure such a sweping statment can be used. I have seen a baht bus pull up behind a motorbike that just came into a gas station where I was filling up, the driver jumped out and handed a wallet to the biker, it would seem that the biker lost it a few moments ago on the road.

Not sure if the same would have happened if the biker had been farang - but not all people are bad less honest.