Work In Chiang Mai

RichieWhite

No.

And I wouldn't call ThaiVisa any good, in this respect, neither --- nothing to see here, just move on to the next click in your Google list - (most of the honored members on this board are retirees and thus have no clues on job-seeking and such), --- but might chime in regardless.

Edited by rishi

Thanks for the advice Dan Sai Kid. Yeah the old dinosaur above feels the need to pull rank on his 'senior member' status. I guess when you are a retiree theres not much else to do. I speak Thai fluently can read and write and have been managing Villas in Samui. I'm wanting to head up north as my girl wants to be closer to her native Mae Hong Son after finishing Uni. I'll have a look at that ajarn site maybe to get a foot in the door take a teaching job and take it from there.

Thanks again

To the old guy.... grow up. If you don't have anything helpful to say, save your arthiritc fingers for better uses.

Richie

Just to set you off on the right footing on Thaivisa you might want to re-read the rules you signed up to when you joined - especially:

2) Posting another members personal details, photos or web site details is forbidden and will result in being banned. Excessive, aggressive posts against other members, moderators and admin; or flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is best defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, rants, and/or for launching personal attacks, insulting, being hateful, useless criticism, name calling, swearing and other bad behavior or comments meant to incite anger.

My apologies - I had forgotten the good old old saying: "If you can't make it anyways - you can always become an English teacher" - No offense meant to English teachers as such --- just a punch at those who never thought of being an English teacher until someone else mentioned that as a solution to "How can I possibly stay in Thailand with my girlfriend , which I can't afford to bring back to my homecountry" --- or something similar.

My apologies - I had forgotten the good old old saying: "If you can't make it anyways - you can always become an English teacher" - No offense meant to English teachers as such --- just a punch at those who never thought of being an English teacher until someone else mentioned that as a solution to "How can I possibly stay in Thailand with my girlfriend , which I can't afford to bring back to my homecountry" --- or something similar.

Hope your not a typical example of what retiring in CM does to a man....you sound bored , bitter and twisted.

Give the guy a chance

Not all Chiang Mai retired expat ThaiVisa farang posters are bored, bitter and twisted. This town is chockablock full of fairly well qualified native speakers who drive down the wages for English teachers here. The OP has not in this thread mentioned his qualifications. Native speaking country? University degree? Teaching experience? TEFL training? Good interview presentation, knowledge of English, skilled in working with Thais who behave like Thai English students?

Im with you on this one.....

If you want to make a million here in Chiang Mai, start with 3 millon.... :o

I guess I'm a Bored, Bitter and Twisted, Business owner expat here in CM....

And sorry, I'm not interested in you new business venture, Or cant lend you any money at the moment....

The locals will know what I'm talking about.

This should stir things it up...

Edited by highonthai