What Is Your Indulgence ?

Khutan

For those who live in Thailand, there are many things new and interesting, but there is also something you miss from home, that gives you some comfort.

I was talking to a friend over the weekend and he said he really missed Maple Syrup and made sure he had a supply of it.

Cheese and dairy products are not easy to buy and beef sausages are very rare. So a b-b-q of beef sausages and a "Goonie" of red wine is nearly an impossibility.

For me I like to have peanut butter in the refridgerator. I give myself a special treat of a Peanut butter sandwich on extra fresh bread.

Is there something from "Farang-land" you still greatly enjoy and make an effort to have at home ? :o

Cheese and dairy products not easy to buy? All you do is take your purchase to the check out girl, pay and leave. I have no problem. Don't even have to speak the language.

There are god knows how manyTesco, Big C etc throughout Thailand all of which stock a selection of milk, milk products,cheeses, cheese products (and red wine).

Dairy farming is taking off in a big way in Thailand, partly due to free milk now being given in schools. Thai cheddar still needs improvement

Beef sausages...I'll agree with that

Cheese and dairy products not easy to buy? All you do is take your purchase to the check out girl, pay and leave. I have no problem. Don't even have to speak the language.

There are god knows how manyTesco, Big C etc throughout Thailand all of which stock a selection of milk, milk products,cheeses, cheese products (and red wine).

OK, Ok, Ok, I should have said for Dairy products, Up-Country, like Surin or somewhere like that.

OK, Ok, Ok, I should have said for Dairy products, Up-Country, like Surin or somewhere like that.

No problem up north, Ubon has Big C Tesco etc & if you want good sausage I have a German friend who makes his own, also bakes his own bread - He has a small resteraunt in Sisaket - Ask any farang where Franks place is, we all eat there at some point, really good food & also cheap

I'd agree with mattnich, daity products (excluding fresh milk) are not that easy to get hold of "up country", nearest for just basic Chedder is about 70 km.

Usually when I'm down in BKK, or simular I try to get hold of some nice cheese, different cooked meats, Lamb is one of my fav"s and Blue Cheese. Best place for cheese and cooked meats I've found is the Deli in Phuket, but the 1200 km drive is a killer, Villa in BKK is pretty good as well

Western Star butter.

Taylors bread.

Coon cheese.

Decent Pizza from the corner pizza shop.

Crumpets.

The Dude: Villa on Suk 33 (I think that's the one) has 4 n Twenty pies, pasties and crumpets. You can go nuts in there if you are really missing lots of stuff. Not too sure about the lamb though.

I've brought my ham back from Australia yesterday for Christmas, along with the champers, plum pud and BBQ Shapes.

Hot english mustard(seem to only find American hotdog mustard here)

Decent copies of Playboy...not afriad to show naughty bits  :D

Oh, and more fluffy  dice  :o

Can get Colmans powder in the Tesco/Big C types

I love milk drink gallons of it the locals always look mildly amused. Peanut butter and banana sanwiches are the best i make a selection with the various types of bananas I can get and have my own little "blind" taste test, complete with full commentry

Oh, and more fluffy  dice  :D

I love milk drink gallons of it the locals always look mildly amused. Peanut butter and banana sanwiches are the best i make a selection with the various types of bananas I can get and have my own little "blind" taste test, complete with full commentry

And I thought I was the only one who liked PB & 'Nana Butties (swilled down with fresh milk) :D

Used to like PB spread on Wagon Wheel biscuits too. :o

Oh, and more fluffy  dice  :D

And I thought I was the only one who liked PB & 'Nana Butties (swilled down with fresh milk) :D

Used to like PB spread on Wagon Wheel biscuits too. :o

I like peanut butter and nana on wheetabix too, give it a spin, also farleys rusk and banana milkshakes are f'kin lush