What Bikes You Ride, Post Some Pics...

CroBiker

I had forgotten about this thread!

The gods of motorcycling gave me a reminder I was getting older...and to take heed!

GSxR750-cropped.jpg

Was good while it lasted!

So it was something sensible next.

ST1100withxmasstuff.jpg

But occasionally I feel the need for speed.

So my sons old CBR600 (Candy Red) gets a run. That's him on it at a recent ride day. P2060070-cropped.jpg

But in my heart I really want to be riding something like this. Oh yer!

11_ZX1000JK_Con.jpg

PS: Yer, I know I am crazy!

Edited by BSJ

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, if this thread is resurrected, I will join it: jap.gif

Hey LoneRider, I've been looking for a set of clocks for my XJR. I need to replace em as they got damaged in a lowside. I can't seem to find any in Bangkok though and Red Baron want something like 10,000 to import a set from Japan. Have you got any suggestions?

Hey LoneRider, I've been looking for a set of clocks for my XJR. I need to replace em as they got damaged in a lowside. I can't seem to find any in Bangkok though and Red Baron want something like 10,000 to import a set from Japan. Have you got any suggestions?

Hy Zzinged,

try this link :

http://k-speed.tarad.com/product_392124_th

or maybe look at www.drbike.co.th or www.118bike.com

good luck

OK. I am hereby resurrecting this thread from the dead. It is a cool topic, and in the past 3 years, I know that alot of us have gotten new bikes. So therefore, I decree this thread "raised from the dead" and I am ordering everyone to put updated pics of the bikes that they ride!!!!! :P

Nothing wrong with thread necromancy, especially for a good reason. Best I post up :D

My recent history of motorcycle ownership in no particular order.

My bought new 2004 Yamaha YZF-R1 (Middle East) spec, sold. The red one was mine. This bike was an absolute weapon. Handling, speed, acceleration was incredible. Photo taken in the Middle East

DSC03948.jpg

My bought new 2002 Yamaha Dragstar XVS1100A, sold. Absolutely faultess motorcycle: Photos taken on the island where I worked in the Middle East

pre-bling photo with yours truly, the handsome devil I am :lol:

Garrys2002DragStarA.jpg

Bling photo, with running lights, chromed spokes ( they come galvansied from the factory :annoyed: ) and other chrome goodies.

Picture006-1.jpg

My bought second hand 2004 Ducati 999S. Awesome bike and defintely makes me feel good everytime I ride it. Photo taken at my home near Chiang Rai.

IMG_5722.jpg

Edited by Garry

Honda GL400, Dead on reliable, solid, easy to work on if needed and inexpensive for a 400 cc bike. Plenty of low end torque and can ride 120-130 kmph with no problem all day if needed. Love it!!!! You can pay a whole lot more but not have a lot more bike. You need an 750-1200cc monster bike? Really? In Thailand? Really?

NEW%20BIKE%20BUILD%20055%20sm%20%281%29.jpg

Honda GL400, Dead on reliable, solid, easy to work on if needed and inexpensive for a 400 cc bike. Plenty of low end torque and can ride 120-130 kmph with no problem all day if needed. Love it!!!! You can pay a whole lot more but not have a lot more bike. You need an 750-1200cc monster bike? Really? In Thailand? Really?

NEW%20BIKE%20BUILD%20055%20sm%20%281%29.jpg

Its not about what you need, unless you have a specific job to do with your bike. Its more to do with what you like, personal choice so to speak. All the guys here have different tastes and whether its an expensive foreign import or a locally made step through scooter, what the hell, just enjoy yourself, ride safe and take in all the great places that are available to us in LOS.

Chill

Yeah, really, in Thailand, really! :rolleyes:

Bira6FebTonyGixxerSSR.jpg

:lol:

I dig the graphics on your old CBR- are those decals or paint? I have some solid color track fairings I need to decorate and am looking for ideas and inspiration :)

They are stickers I designed in Illustrator and Photoshop, making mock ups to try out ideas until I got it right.

I was quite happy with the result

Edited by canuckamuck

If Red Baron can get you a set for 10,000B that's cheap. A good used set goes for between 3-500 GBP in the UK. K-speed have the chrome covers, the black plastic cover and the white internal bit for a few hundred Baht each. I bought these and they do fit although you have to poke through a hole for the oil level light. The front plastic cover is ridiculously expensive, 150 GBP, I got one for 25 GBP delivery off ebay and a cover starting at 10 GBP recently didn't sell. Complete clocks are available from China on Ebay from 150GBP.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My old bike: CBR 150

full.jpg

Saw this bike parked at Taweechon Botanical Gardens in Doi Saket, Chiang Mai today. I knew I recognized it from somewhere...:D

Edited by RED21