What Bikes You Ride, Post Some Pics...

CroBiker

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a look at this.. i am VERY tempted,. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...452029&rd=1

Nice!

Never seen such one before...... but how would you get it hr? You know it's next to impossible to import a vehicle......

Best regards......

Thanh

There is a newer alternative, what we call a postie bike here in Oz. There are 10's of thousands of em, and the agricultural model too! At auction the post office bikes can go for between Au$400 - Au$700.

I think my dad bought the first of many (agi models) in 1970. We have had about 10 of em.

post-63954-1221955034_thumb.jpg

Take a look at this.. i am VERY tempted,. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...452029&rd=1

Nice!

Never seen such one before...... but how would you get it hr? You know it's next to impossible to import a vehicle......

Best regards......

Thanh

I know two motorcycle dealers in Phuket who can import any bike, brand new or used. One is cheaper then the other though.

Imagine owning brand new ZX-14 for less then 450,000 on the road. It ships in 3-4 parts and gets re-assembled by them.

At least that is how I got mine but it cost me 690.000....straight from factory in Japan. That was before finding out about cheaper dealer though. :o

Edited by CroBiker

Hi :o

If it isn't too much trouble for you, could you ask them how much would a brand-new Yamaha RXZ cost, imported from Malaysia (they're made there)? That's a 135cc two-stroke bike. Or is there a free-trade or similar thing between Thailand and Malaysia so i could just buy one there and ride it to Bangkok and register it?? RXZ used to be available in Thailand (i ride one) so it's not an "unknown" that would need emissions test etc.

Kind regards.....

Thanh

If it isn't too much trouble for you, could you ask them how much would a brand-new Yamaha RXZ cost, imported from Malaysia (they're made there)? That's a 135cc two-stroke bike. Or is there a free-trade or similar thing between Thailand and Malaysia so i could just buy one there and ride it to Bangkok and register it?? RXZ used to be available in Thailand (i ride one) so it's not an "unknown" that would need emissions test etc.

Kind regards.....

Thanh

Thanh,

I am in USA now, best if you talk to them.

One is teera motorcycle dude at bypass road (Alex) - chat him up on MSN: [email protected] .

The other owns that new bike shop at chaofa rd, few hundred yards after kajonkiet school. His name is SURI THAMRANG - [email protected]

Lots of great bikes in this thread. Good pics and it all proves how much interest there is in big bikes here in Thailand.

My stable consists of a '98 Honda Night Hawk CB750 which I mistakenly imported from California, a '00 Africa Twin XRV750, a '02 VTX1800 (which I love) and my little darlin' rides a '98 Honda Shadow ACE 400.

Good fun and so many new friends make my retirement here the best choice I could ever make.

See ya all in December.

Lots of great bikes in this thread. Good pics and it all proves how much interest there is in big bikes here in Thailand.

My stable consists of a '98 Honda Night Hawk CB750 which I mistakenly imported from California, a '00 Africa Twin XRV750, a '02 VTX1800 (which I love) and my little darlin' rides a '98 Honda Shadow ACE 400.

Good fun and so many new friends make my retirement here the best choice I could ever make.

See ya all in December.

Africa Twin is beauty, have some pics? Are you based in Cali?

Hi Thanh, one question leads to another!

Can anyone say what the situation is bringing bikes in from Malaysia and can you get big bike?

There are tons of big bikes in Malaysia but at least 30% more expensive than in Thailand. Singapore bikes are cheap, try over there.

I would be very careful about importing a 2 stroke. Rumour is out there they will be banned soon.

Yeah "rumour is out" since about 20 years, not only in Thailand but everywhere........ Tell you what, they can stop me from riding two-strokes the day i close my eyes for ever, but not any earlier. They may restrict importing two-strokes or the sale/registration of new ones, but on which ground do they think they can "ban" existing ones without compensating the owners?

If they give me a new four-stroke i may park my RXZ for a day or two.......

Best regards.....

Thanh

I would be very careful about importing a 2 stroke. Rumour is out there they will be banned soon.

Yeah "rumour is out" since about 20 years, not only in Thailand but everywhere........ Tell you what, they can stop me from riding two-strokes the day i close my eyes for ever, but not any earlier. They may restrict importing two-strokes or the sale/registration of new ones, but on which ground do they think they can "ban" existing ones without compensating the owners?

Best regards.....

Thanh

They'll just restrict the import of spare barrels and the like and eventually get rid of them that way if nothing else.

Best regards.....

Thanh

Well, it seems like they replace the petrol with gasohol and eventually the gasohol might be the only thing for sale, that is incompatible with 2 strokes and will obviously prohibit 2 strokes to be run (if they do run on the gasohol the engine will fail after a while), unless you buy airplane or race grade petrol which is very expensive. What Dave says is probably also true, so I can see the screamers disappearing gradually.

So sorry to say, but the future for screamers seems uncertain.

yeah, Gasohol IS an issue.... however not impossible to overcome. That's a shot that backfires for "them" who want to get rid of two-strokes "for environmental reasons" (hear hear - BS again to have a reason to wield power over the masses) - the two-stroke runs just fine on Gasohol, you only have to double the oil intake :D Now if THAT's good for the environment.... yet it won't stop me riding two-strokes.

Best regards.....

Thanh

Best regards.....

Thanh

Climb down off your soapbox.

You can import as many 2 stroke bikes as you want. I am not stopping you.

I was speaking to the more lucid in the crowd.

I worded my post very carefully.

I am selling my Honda Nova Dash RS while it still has some value.

"Compensation" proves you haven't been here too long. Regards & 500 smileys. Don't bother trying to start a flame war. Ain't gonna happen.

It was 139,900 THB (special promotion, 5K discount for Sept) plus 7,500 THB insurance and 2,900 THB for the number plate. After I picked up the bike I got stopped on the way back to Ban Chang for a contribution to the policeman's ball.

First, nice Pit.

How much attention is the Ninja attracting from the coppers since they know it's new and relatively expensive and thus the owner must be big money? Anyone else notice the frequency of contributions having gone up since buying theirs?

yeah, Gasohol IS an issue.... however not impossible to overcome. That's a shot that backfires for "them" who want to get rid of two-strokes "for environmental reasons" (hear hear - BS again to have a reason to wield power over the masses) - the two-stroke runs just fine on Gasohol, you only have to double the oil intake :D Now if THAT's good for the environment.... yet it won't stop me riding two-strokes.

Best regards.....

Thanh

hey thanh, i just bought a husqvarna wr250 enduro bike, 2 smoke, ! love it,.