How Much To Rent A 3 Bedroom 150+m2 Condo

hello we are having a debate in another thread about the rental price

another poster says that thais pay 40k baht for a 3 bedroom 150+m2 grade a condo and that only dumb farang pay 100k a month in rent

i am having a hard time believing he is correct because when i look through thai real estate listings i do not see the prices he is talking about

can someone please clarify?

thanks

another poster says that thais pay 40k baht for a 3 bedroom 150+m2 grade a condo and that only dumb farang pay 100k a month in rent

i am having a hard time believing he is correct because when i look through thai real estate listings i do not see the prices he is talking about

thanks

We had a thread in this forum not too long ago asking how much TV posters were paying for rent in Bangkok. The amount and apartment sizes were all over the map. Look for that thread in here. I think the last post was about a month ago. There wasn't a distinction made regarding grade, but I would assume that location will play a major role in determining the monthly rental.

thanks

if you find one, let me know, i am in the market for one. :o

SV Riverside in SV City is a very reasonable option for a serviced appt , good location , rama 3 - I am not sure that they have 3 bed , but I rented 1 bed a year ago for 25 Baht a month inc electric , tv , maid service etc , They have adjoing rooms so I suppose you could get a 3 bed for around 40 a Month .

So I would also think 100k is too much .

SV Riverside in SV City is a very reasonable option for a serviced appt , good location , rama 3 - I am not sure that they have 3 bed , but I rented 1 bed a year ago for 25 Baht a month inc electric , tv , maid service etc , They have adjoing rooms so I suppose you could get a 3 bed for around 40 a Month .

So I would also think 100k is too much .

how is rama 3 a good location?

maybe if you work there or something

Places like SV City and The Lofts Yennakart etc are NOT grade A locations in the real estate sense of the word, they may be grade A for someone, but the generally accepted definitation of Grade A (according to CBRE):

- easily accessible location

- secure environment ensuring privacy

- good building design

- high quality interiors and decoration

- functional and efficient layouts

- adequate carparks

- professional mgt

- complete facilities including swimming pool, gym, squash, tennis, etc

I would add:

- minimum ceiling height of 2.75m

- concealed split type aircon

- maid quarters

- wood/stone flooring

- built in furniture natural wood or equivalent

Some of Sansiri's projects are Grade A, Domus is probably close to grade A, The Park definitely...Somkid gardens would be one of the only older projects i can think of that would be grade A.

If you want to live in some older project (like I do) and pay rent (I own, but I would guess renters in my building pay 35,000b for a 3 bedrooom) which is very convenient then that is fine.

However, the lack of westerners in my building suggests to me that most of that lot would rather live in a place like Soi Ruam Rudee, Langsuan, Saladaeng etc etc and to do that, then you have to pay grade A price. Good luck finding anything in Saladaeng for instance that is less than 100,000b for a 3 bedroom. Thai or foreign alike.

I don't claim someone is overpaying just because they want to own a BMW 3 series. That is the cost of that car. I have owned one, I hated it, but that doesn't mean someone else is stupid to buy one just because I don't want to spend the money to have a BMW and instead drive a pick up.

Thaihome - loving that DECK!!!! WOW! Where is the project>? Can't recognise it offhand.....

Edited by steveromagnino