Somchai Wongsawat To Be New PM

Jai Dee

Jeez, do they actually pay for posting crap like that? I could use a beer.

Animatic, that was about my own effort to help out PPP apologists (at request of Crushdepth at the top of the page), it wasn't about your posts.

I think I did a very good job and deserve a medal.

We have entered the realm of farce.

We have, indeed, though some might argue that the actual entry date is the first Thai stamp in your passport.

Jeez, do they actually pay for posting crap like that? I could use a beer.

Animatic, that was about my own effort to help out PPP apologists (at request of Crushdepth at the top of the page), it wasn't about your posts.

I think I did a very good job and deserve a medal.

We have entered the realm of farce.

We have, indeed, though some might argue that the actual entry date is the first Thai stamp in your passport.

Here's a medal and no blood will be spilled insertin... attaching it..

JUST kidding.

6728_23124200_scaled_225x143_1.jpg

May the farce be with you!

Edited by animatic

Thaksin gets his red passport back

The Foreign Ministry has reinstated the diplomatic passport of former PM Thaksin Shinawatra, a high-level source in the ministry said yesterday. The renewal of the red passport was made less than two weeks after Thaksin's fomer legal adviser and close aide Noppadon Pattama was appointed Foreign Minister.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/23Feb2008_news05.php

The clock is ticking... 2 weeks from the date of their appointment, this administration if it is to act with equal vigor, is October 9th. (being generous at granting a full 2 weeks instead of "less than two weeks")

Edited by sriracha john

So does anybody buy into the rumour that the current PPP elements in control are going to find peace by doing a deal with "royalists" whereby slightly ammended populist policies become order of the day and politcs is reformed and no doubt a bunch of other things come to pass? To achieve this apparently the leftists had to be sacrificed and Newin split asunder from the party leaving shall we say more trasditonal kind of Thai politicians in control of PPP and the leftist/Octoberist elements of PPP split into two with one part linked to the non-leftist Newin and the other based more around ex-PPP Octoberists.

So does anybody buy into the rumour that the current PPP elements in control are going to find peace by doing a deal with "royalists" whereby slightly ammended populist policies become order of the day and politcs is reformed and no doubt a bunch of other things come to pass? To achieve this apparently the leftists had to be sacrificed and Newin split asunder from the party leaving shall we say more trasditonal kind of Thai politicians in control of PPP and the leftist/Octoberist elements of PPP split into two with one part linked to the non-leftist Newin and the other based more around ex-PPP Octoberists.

Sounds more like a leaked manifesto than a rumor...

Thaksin gets his red passport back

The Foreign Ministry has reinstated the diplomatic passport of former PM Thaksin Shinawatra, a high-level source in the ministry said yesterday. The renewal of the red passport was made less than two weeks after Thaksin's fomer legal adviser and close aide Noppadon Pattama was appointed Foreign Minister.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/23Feb2008_news05.php

The clock is ticking... 2 weeks from the date of their appointment, this administration if it is to act with equal vigor, is October 9th. (being generous at granting a full 2 weeks instead of "less than two weeks")

From all news I see everything has calmed down and people I talk too feel appeased with the new team. I guess its all just the PAD fanatical sheep who are looking for whatever small story they can find to agree with. To some of you if you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen. Stop crying to Mods when you dont like some critism. boo hoo.

alright, heres a warning to all

political discussions always seem to bring out such a passion, which is all well and good

but remember, the minute it becomes a personal attack, those posts and remarks will be deleted, and will likely earn those making them a warning, possibly a holiday. meanwhile, posts bothering on breaking the rules are also being watched. so please, I know every one here is intelligent and capable, but please, use your resources into something more productive than trying to find grey areas?

if you find a post offensive, we do ask that you hit the report button. we however also ask that you do not try to taunt and incite others into making inflammatory remarks. and when I say its a warning to all, I mean all.

if some of you continue to do any of the above or break other rules then interesting as the topic maybe, I may still be forced to close it. remember, you are discussing the politicians and the system, and I assume none of the posters here are the people being discussed. dont make it personal.

have a good saturday everyone, and please continue the discussion as per topic

more violence associated with the UDD...

Key UDD leader shot, nephew arrested

A key leader of the pro-government United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD), Shinawat Haboonpad, was shot and seriously wounded while hosting a taxi radio show on Friday. Police ruled out the possibility of political conflicts after arresting a gunman, identified as Saichon Sitan, who is Shinawat's nephew. The officers, led by Deputy Metropolitan Police Bureau Chief Suchart Muankaew, immediately held a press conference after they detained the suspect, for fear that the event would be linked to politics and cause tensions to escalate. "A high-ranking commander at the national police office doesn't want people to be misled into thinking that the shooting resulted from political conflict or conflict within the UDD," Pol-Maj Gen Suchart told reporters. Shinawat, also a host on a community radio station for taxi drivers, was allegedly shot by Saichon as he was in his studio on Vibhavadi Rangsit 3 road on Friday. He is being treated at Paolo Memorial hospital. The shooting apparently resulted from a quarrel between Shinawat and Saichon, said Pol-Maj Gen Suchart. Saichon, 39, who works at the radio station, had been dismissed following a brawl with a mechanic and Shinawat. He blasted the UDD Leader with a shotgun, according to police. Police have charged Saichon with illegal possession of a weapon and attempted murder.

Saichon was a UDD guard during its rallies against the anti-government People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD). In 2001, he was sentenced to four months in jail for assault. Shinawat, 59, is known as a staunch supporter of deposed PM Shinawatra. His radio programme, called In Search of Justice, on FM 92.75 encourages taxi drivers to support

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/280908_News/28Sep2008_news07.php

Edited by sriracha john

people I talk too feel appeased with the new team

I could swear I've seen at least half a dozen gloomy articles in the papers. I haven't seen even ONE positive opinion of the new Cabinet.

My informal questioning around these parts finds NO ONE who finds them acceptable.

It maybe the south, but as a touris island has people from ALL classes and ALL areas of Thailand.

Have found NO voices of support here.

Saichon, 39, who works at the radio station, had been dismissed following a brawl with a mechanic and Shinawat. He blasted the UDD Leader with a shotgun, according to police. Police have charged Saichon with illegal possession of a weapon and attempted murder.

Saichon was a UDD guard during its rallies against the anti-government People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD). In 2001, he was sentenced to four months in jail for assault. Shinawat, 59, is known as a staunch supporter of deposed PM Shinawatra. His radio programme, called In Search of Justice, on FM 92.75 encourages taxi drivers to support

Pretty stable bunch it seems < insert deep sarcasm here

Edited by animatic

Nephew of community radio host arrested

The nephew of Bangkok Taxi Drivers' Association Leader and community-radio host Shinawat Haboonpad was arrested yesterday after he seriously injured his uncle at the Rangsit radio station on Friday night.

Saichon Srithan, 39, who also worked at the station and functioned as Chinawat's bodyguard, was apprehended in a rented room in Bang Kho Laem district.

Shinawat, the 56-year-old leading member of pro-government demonstrators, sustained a gunshot wound to his stomach.

Shinawat was being treated at Paolo Memorial Hospital and was reported to be out of danger. Saichon reportedly confessed to police that he had been angry because he had had a loud argument with a technician and Shinawat had come down to scold and fire him.

- The Nation / 2008-09-28

Nephew of community radio host arrested

The nephew of Bangkok Taxi Drivers' Association Leader and community-radio host Shinawat Haboonpad was arrested yesterday after he seriously injured his uncle at the Rangsit radio station on Friday night.

Saichon Srithan, 39, who also worked at the station and functioned as Chinawat's bodyguard, was apprehended in a rented room in Bang Kho Laem district.

Shinawat, the 56-year-old leading member of pro-government demonstrators, sustained a gunshot wound to his stomach.

Shinawat was being treated at Paolo Memorial Hospital and was reported to be out of danger. Saichon reportedly confessed to police that he had been angry because he had had a loud argument with a technician and Shinawat had come down to scold and fire him.

- The Nation / 2008-09-28

Yes a nice home life,

a little nepotism

and you insult your nephew body guards honor

and he tries to top you...

This is the people trying to tell us how good Thaksin and TRT has been,

how good PPP is now, and get out the vote.

I wonder how long nephew will be around?

Uncle sure sounds like g*****r to me.

If he is anything like the leaders of our local taxis,

who will support a gang of drivers beating and crippling a french sous chef

who was accidentaly pushed on his bike into a taxi in Chaweng...

Beat him senseless, and then the leaders came to defend the drivers at the police station.

This is not the type I want around myself.

These two are perfect example of what some posters here call democractically empowered representatives of the rising masses. To everyone else they are common thugs.

God help this country if they ever come to power.

Where did you see this campaigning for power???? From all I see he is just a supporter. Get you facts straight instead of quoting from your beloved ASS-TV. And PAD to everyone else are also common thugs. Just look at them blocking airports etc...

only 11 days until October 9th...

Abhisit wants PM to lift Thaksin's red passport

Democrat Party Leader Abhisit Vejjajiva called on PM and Defence Minister Somchai Wongsawat to quickly revoke the diplomatic passport of ousted PM Thaksin Shinwatra, who is now living in exile in Britain. According to Mr. Abhisit, the legal process is there for the government to lift Thaksin’s diplomatic passport, and this would be one way for Somchai to show his integrity as Prime Minister.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=130960

only 11 days until October 9th...

Abhisit wants PM to lift Thaksin's red passport

Democrat Party Leader Abhisit Vejjajiva called on PM and Defence Minister Somchai Wongsawat to quickly revoke the diplomatic passport of ousted PM Thaksin Shinwatra, who is now living in exile in Britain. According to Mr. Abhisit, the legal process is there for the government to lift Thaksin’s diplomatic passport, and this would be one way for Somchai to show his integrity as Prime Minister.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=130960

It does seem to be the base litmus test to show some independence. Personally apart from the face issue I cant see Thaksin objecting either. If he did purely over face it would make him seem mentally unbalanced. I will add that I have heard from Brit sports journos that they do actually consider Thaksin to be unbalanced though.

....but lets not forget..... free burma....

lets not forget: todays 'myanmar' was freed from uk colonial rule 1948 and freed of its colonial name 'burma' 1989. today the message should be: lets free the u.s.a. seized by a bunch of greedy & bloodthirsty millionaires

Key UDD leader shot, nephew arrested

He blasted the UDD Leader with a shotgun

And PAD. Just look at them blocking airports etc...

Are they blocking it with shotgun blasts? :o

Actually it is not related to the forum topic so why even post it here?. Its a family feud and not related to the topic. Why do you consistently post items where they do not belong?

Edited by Los78

I will add that I have heard from Brit sports journos that they do actually consider Thaksin to be unbalanced though.

dare I say that British Sports Journalists are probably the last people to be in a position to rule on the state of anybodys mental balance!! :o

Key UDD leader shot, nephew arrested He blasted the UDD Leader with a shotgun

And PAD. Just look at them blocking airports etc...
Are they blocking it with shotgun blasts?

Actually it is not related to the forum topic so why even post it here?. Its a family feud and not related to the topic. Why do you consistently post items where they do not belong?

dear lost -sorry- los, the topic is: 'new prime minister' and/or his supporters, but not 'pad blocking airports'. Why do you consistently post items where they do not belong?

Well... interesting site...

Where search-url on your site.

Can you help me!?

P.S. Anybody know about XRumer 5.0 program? Need a link to it...

See at top of most pages: Google™ custom search,

in large gray box 2nd row down on left.

then say just this forum.

Somchai heckled in Bangkok

PM Somchai was again greeted with boos yesterday, this time at Thammasat University and the Siam Paragon shopping complex as PAD supporters continue to give him and his government the thumbs down. The PM, left red-faced by an unfriendly welcome in Surat Thani on Saturday, was again heckled and jeered by the anti-government alliance in the capital. He was surrounded by protesters all the way, from recording an interview at the university to helping in the election campaign of Prapas Chongsa-nguan, who is running for Bangkok Governor under the PPP banner. "Bring back our Thammasat honour. Don't use this occasion to seek favours," two men shouted while Somchai was recalling his days as a student at the university nearly 40 years ago. The two disgruntled men making their voices heard graduated from Thammasat's Faculty of Economics in 1971. "That's all right," said Somchai, reacting calmly to the two hecklers. "Perhaps they think I'm talking too much." Like his predecessor Samak, the PM has faced severe criticism from PAD supporters and some members of his own party since his first day in office. Both are accused of being the nominees of deposed PM Thaksin, currently living in England and facing arrest warrants for fleeing corruption charges. Somchai's qualifications as an MP and PM have also been questioned. Senator Ruangkrai Leekijwattana has accused him of violating the constitution, which could cost him his parliamentary status and the premiership if proven. Early this year, Somchai informed the NCCC he owned shares in CS Loxinfo Plc, which has been awarded a 22-year concession by CAT Telecom Plc to run satellite-based internet services. According to Mr Ruangkrai, his share-holding is in breach of the charter, which forbids politicians from running or owning telecom-based businesses. The senator will today petition the EC to look into the case.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.net/290908_News/29Sep2008_news07.php

7_7627_m.jpg

Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat

21-02-08-19-14-00-s.jpg

People Power Party's Chiang Mai MP Chinnicha Wongsawat

PM accused of violating charter

Premier Somchai Wongsawat yesterday faced fresh allegation of constitutional violations, which if found to be true, could lead to his disqualification as an MP and prime minister.

Appointed Senator Ruangkrai Leekijwattana said he would file a complaint with the Election Commission to check whether Somchai had violated Article 267, 265 and 106 (6) of the Constitution by holding shares in CS Loxinfo that has a concession with CAT, and having his daughter hold shares in M Link a company that operates a state concession.

Ruangkrai's earlier complaint against former prime minister Samak Sundaravej of violating the Constitution by hosting his cooking programme had resulted in Samak losing his premiership early this month.

He said he suspected Somchai may have disqualified himself since January 22 this year by allegedly holding shares in CS Loxinfo, which operates a state concession or is a contract partner of a state enterprise. That would be a violation of Article 265 (2), resulting in him being disqualified as an MP as per Article 106 (6), and disqualified as PM as per Article 171.

CS Loxinfo is an Internet service provider, sending and receiving satellite signals for local and international communications, producing telephone books, besides also being in the publishing and advertising business. The company is a contract partner of CAT with a licence to provide sending and receiving television signals and Internet via satellite for 22 years.

He said Somchai may also have violated Article 48 of the Constitution which stipulates that political office holders cannot hold shares or own companies that operate newspapers, radio, television and telecommunication businesses both directly or by nominees or in any indirect method. Article 182 (7) stipulates that a minister's term will end if they have violated Article 267, 268 and 269 of the Constitution.

Ruangkrai said that Chinnicha Wongsawat, Somchai's daughter who is People Power Party's Chiang Mai MP, filed assets declaration that showed she held 70 million shares in M Link Asia, which is a contract partner with a state enterprise, the Provincial Electricity Authority.

Ruangkrai last week sought an investigation into alleged asset concealment by Chinnicha.

Chinnicha's asset statement filed back in January declares a net worth of Bt287 million, Ruangkrai said. It says Chinnicha has assets of Bt362 million and liabilities of Bt75 million. The liabilities include bank loans of Bt74 million. Ruangkrai said Chinnicha had failed to declare Bt100 million in bank accounts impounded by the Assets Examination Committee.

In seeking the release of those funds, Chinnicha contended the money was loaned by her uncle Bhanapot Damapong to finance her businesses. She did not disclose the impounded accounts or the loan transaction in her asset statement, Ruangkrai asserted.

- The Nation / 2008-09-29

a0304.jpg

Foreign Minister Sompong Amornwiwat

Sompong faces twins tasks in New York

New Foreign Minister Sompong Amornwiwat has his work cut out today when he chairs an informal meeting of ASEAN ministers here to discuss restructuring the regional grouping and preparing for the summit later this year.

The ministers arrived in New York on Saturday for the United Nations General Meeting, but their task at the UN will be confined to delivering a speech this afternoon.

The foreign minister's speech would basically dwell on the global food and fuel crisis as well as the UN Millennium Goal, said R Don Pramudwinai, Representative to the UN.

The political turmoil at home would not be mentioned during the speech as well as in other formal meetings, he said.

Sompong, who has no experience in foreign affairs, took office only a few days before the UN meeting.

As the Chairman of ASEAN, he will be presiding over the informal meeting of the regional grouping on the sidelines of the UN summit.

Key issues in the 180-minute meeting of ASEAN foreign ministers would focus on the coming ASEAN summit due in December and the group's restructuring.

ASEAN needs to be restructured as the new charter would change the 40-year-old regional grouping from an ad-hoc body to a rule-based international organisation.

The charter will enhance the role of Secretary-General. Former Thai Foreign Minister Surin Pitsuwan is the current Secretary-General. Thailand's legal instrument for ratification was passed by the Senate a couple of weeks ago. The charter would also give birth to the ASEAN human rights body. The terms of reference for its establishment have not been finished yet.

Thailand and Cambodia would brief the ASEAN meeting on their border problem that has seen both countries lock horns for months. The two neighbours have clashed over the areas near the Hindu temples of Preah Vihear, Ta Muen Thom, and Ta Kwai. Foreign Ministers from both sides held two meetings to settle the dispute, but Sompong will need to follow up as many issues remain unresolved.

The border problem with Cambodia might not be discussed bilaterally here as his Cambodian counterpart Hor Namhong is not attending the UN meeting. His deputy Kao Kim Hourn will lead the Cambodian delegation to the UN and ASEAN meetings.

Besides the ASEAN informal meeting, Sompong would lead the other nine ministers of the grouping to meet UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon to discuss ASEAN-UN relations as well as the ASEAN-UN summit due back-to-back with the ASEAN summit in Bangkok.

thaksin3.gif

current Deputy Prime Minister Chavalit (left) and Chart Thai Party Leader Banharn (center) meet an unidentified, unemployed man

'Big Jew' is back

Former prime minister General Chavalit Yongchaiyudh has finally come back to politics. It is widely known that Chavalit enjoys a close relationship with that "London man" Thaksin Shinawatra. As prime minister in 1997, Chavalit invited Thaksin to join his government and made him a deputy prime minister. Thaksin was forced to defend himself over allegations that he profited from the baht-floating policy at that time.

Before former prime minister Samak Sundaravej was appointed leader of the People Power Party, Chavalit was Thaksin's choice for the post.

Thaksin thought Chavalit would be a good nominee to run the party and win last December's election. Thaksin had Chalerm Yoobamrung approach Chavalit many times, but Chavalit being Chavalit, he neither accepted nor refused the offer. With the clock ticking down to the election, Thaksin decided to give the post to Samak.

But Thaksin was not finished yet. When he returned to Thailand in February, he reportedly met with Chavalit several times. Thaksin was also in attendance at Chavalit's house to congratulate the general on his 76th birthday in May. There were reports that Thaksin wanted to replace Samak with Chavalit but that doing so would have been unconstitutional because Chavalit was not elected.

Thaksin wanted Chavalit to keep People Power Party MPs in order as they were split into many factions.

When it came time to devise the latest Cabinet line-up, Chalerm was again assigned the task of approaching Chavalit and asking him to join Somchai Wongsawat's Cabinet as a Deputy Prime Minister.

Chavalit, dubbed a "master strategist", was given three missions to complete when he left London.

The first mission would be to break the deadlock between the government and the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD). Chavalit has a good relationship with leaders of the PAD, especially Chamlong Srimuang and Sondhi Limthongkul. Both Chamlong and Chavalit were allies in the campaign to oust former prime minister Suchinda Kraprayoon in May 1992.

Chavalit also voiced support for the PAD's "new politics", although he thinks a 50/50 split among elected and appointed officials would be a better composition.

Chavalit's second mission was to resolve the dispute between Thailand and Cambodia over the Preah Vihear Temple.

With his long and close relationship with Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen and Cambodian defence minister Tia Banh, Chavalit was expected to be the one to ease the tensions. Moreover, the new deputy prime minister is expected to ease unrest in the South by setting up a stage where dialogue can take place between the government and the insurgents.

The last item on Chavalit's agenda is very significant. The veteran politician was expected to be the new leader of the Puea Thai Party, a party that would substitute for the People Power Party if the latter was disbanded.

While Thaksin wanted to get rid of Newin Chidchob' s group, the London Man needed someone to replace him, and he thought Chavalit was just the man for the job. Having believed in Chavalit's power and political clout in the Northeast, Thaksin hoped Chavalit could lead the Puea Thai to a parliamentary majority.

Out of these missions, one positive development relates to easing the tensions between the government and the PAD, as last week Chamlong said he welcomed talks with Chavalit.

Edited by sriracha john

thaksin3.gif

current Deputy Prime Minister Chavalit (left) and Chart Thai Party Leader Banharn (center) meet an unidentified, unemployed man

'Big Jew' is back

Former prime minister General Chavalit Yongchaiyudh has finally come back to politics. It is widely known that Chavalit enjoys a close relationship with that "London man" Thaksin Shinawatra. As prime minister in 1997, Chavalit invited Thaksin to join his government and made him a deputy prime minister. Thaksin was forced to defend himself over allegations that he profited from the baht-floating policy at that time.

Before former prime minister Samak Sundaravej was appointed leader of the People Power Party, Chavalit was Thaksin's choice for the post.

Thaksin thought Chavalit would be a good nominee to run the party and win last December's election. Thaksin had Chalerm Yoobamrung approach Chavalit many times, but Chavalit being Chavalit, he neither accepted nor refused the offer. With the clock ticking down to the election, Thaksin decided to give the post to Samak.

But Thaksin was not finished yet. When he returned to Thailand in February, he reportedly met with Chavalit several times. Thaksin was also in attendance at Chavalit's house to congratulate the general on his 76th birthday in May. There were reports that Thaksin wanted to replace Samak with Chavalit but that doing so would have been unconstitutional because Chavalit was not elected.

Thaksin wanted Chavalit to keep People Power Party MPs in order as they were split into many factions.

When it came time to devise the latest Cabinet line-up, Chalerm was again assigned the task of approaching Chavalit and asking him to join Somchai Wongsawat's Cabinet as a Deputy Prime Minister.

Chavalit, dubbed a "master strategist", was given three missions to complete when he left London.

The first mission would be to break the deadlock between the government and the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD). Chavalit has a good relationship with leaders of the PAD, especially Chamlong Srimuang and Sondhi Limthongkul. Both Chamlong and Chavalit were allies in the campaign to oust former prime minister Suchinda Kraprayoon in May 1992.

Chavalit also voiced support for the PAD's "new politics", although he thinks a 50/50 split among elected and appointed officials would be a better composition.

Chavalit's second mission was to resolve the dispute between Thailand and Cambodia over the Preah Vihear Temple.

With his long and close relationship with Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen and Cambodian defence minister Tia Banh, Chavalit was expected to be the one to ease the tensions. Moreover, the new deputy prime minister is expected to ease unrest in the South by setting up a stage where dialogue can take place between the government and the insurgents.

The last item on Chavalit's agenda is very significant. The veteran politician was expected to be the new leader of the Puea Thai Party, a party that would substitute for the People Power Party if the latter was disbanded.

While Thaksin wanted to get rid of Newin Chidchob' s group, the London Man needed someone to replace him, and he thought Chavalit was just the man for the job. Having believed in Chavalit's power and political clout in the Northeast, Thaksin hoped Chavalit could lead the Puea Thai to a parliamentary majority.

Out of these missions, one positive development relates to easing the tensions between the government and the PAD, as last week Chamlong said he welcomed talks with Chavalit.

There seem to be a few inconsistencies in this piece.

If Chavalit supports New Politics but thinks a 50-50 split is the way forward, how is he supposed to lead Peau Thai to an election victory?

If Chavalit is on such good terms with Hun Sen then why did he spend years sending weaponry (funded by some western nations who will remain nameless!) to the Khmer Rouge to fight Hun Sens previous Vietnamese backed government?

If Chavalit is such a master strategist how comes:

1. He had such a disastrous PMship

2. Ban Rom Khlao (dont mention Khmer Rouge, lack of artillery shells and who exactly in Chavalit's family is known as an arms dealer in relation to this debacle)

3. He basically had to offload his NAP party at firesale prices to TRT after the party funding was destroyed by the 1997 crash. he crash of course happened while Chava was PM and presumably he would have had a littel bit of inside info.

I realise a lot of the informed realise all this and write old Chava off as a has been and even insane. However, that is probably also wrong. It is more likely that Chava makes an even better front man for Thaksin as nobody including Chava really know what he is up to or what he is planning. If Chav assumed the PMship again he would get the opportunity to rewrite his to date failed legacy (just as samak got the chance but failed), and in return the which side of the fence will Chav fall on game can start a bit like the Samak game but on steroids.

Oh what fun and all so good for the country.