Words That You Really Hate?

Cuban

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting thread. Haven't been through all of it yet but has no-one mentioned the word 'already'?

Not only is it used wrong by Americans: :o

Example: "Have you been to the shops already?" Is wrong, it should be: "Have you been to the shops yet?"

But hasn't anyone noticed how much it is massively overused by English speaking Thai people? It is a word I hear more than most when a variety of other words would have more accurately sufficed, or just drop the word altogether.

Example: "The shop has closed already."

More accurate: "The shop is closed now."

But also "The shop is closed" would do just fine.

Even when using "already" correctly, it should not be at the end of the sentence, but like this: "I already did that".

I have noticed this has grown so much that even the falangs use it incorrectly they hear it so much.

Krup

Interesting thread. Haven't been through all of it yet but has no-one mentioned the word 'already'?

Not only is it used wrong by Americans: :o

Example: "Have you been to the shops already?" Is wrong, it should be: "Have you been to the shops yet?"

But hasn't anyone noticed how much it is massively overused by English speaking Thai people? It is a word I hear more than most when a variety of other words would have more accurately sufficed, or just drop the word altogether.

Example: "The shop has closed already."

More accurate: "The shop is closed now."

But also "The shop is closed" would do just fine.

Even when using "already" correctly, it should not be at the end of the sentence, but like this: "I already did that".

I have noticed this has grown so much that even the falangs use it incorrectly they hear it so much.

Krup

BORING!!!!!!!!!!